Feedback - TLP Economy late-game

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skuz, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Just an observation here but the plat sinks in the later game are definitely feeling excessive on Phinigel which is in TBL currently.

The thing that TLP have to contend with is faster unlock speeds, and the ramifications of that are largely manageable after changes to flagging that stop characters being blocked from progressing within the unlock timeframes.

The thing we don't have on Phinigel in anywhere near the same degree as live is the bot-induced inflation of the amount of platinum in the economy, and the regular plat generation of the players is also much smaller than on live, while live servers get 12 months between expansions to build up their platinum reserves the TLP servers get only 2-3 months, Selo only gets one month. Also there isn;t a large casual playerbase on TLP such as you would find on Live servers so there is a far smaller customer base for tradeskillers too, players on TLP tend to be made up of a far higher proportion of tradeskillers that make their own items & not need others to craft for them very much. The only thing I make any plat off on the bazaar here is mob-dropped collection items.

Now I can't speak for Selo but certainly on Phinigel I am now having to allocate time to plat farming just to finance gear upgrades & that's on top of what I generate through normal progression groups & augment farming.

I find it especially tiresome how the best way to farm plat is going back many expansions, plat per hour I am better off in PoP elemental planes or SoF Mechamatic Guardian than in even the last couple of expansions.

Is there any chance the dev team can take a look at this issue on TLP? I have managed through normal play to earn enough plat in most of the content thus far but I would say from EoK onwards the dynamic starts be more depletive than before it by quite some margin.

I'm sure there will be some players who excel at making plat but the falling price on krono here since EoK does point to the server being more plat-starved than it used to be, even though that's also a by-product of a fairly small population.
    Thing is the prices of just about everything were set with live servers in mind and not TLP, so the player wallets are way more squeezed here.

Upping the plat dropped by mobs on TLP in later expansions, or the vendor loots they drop would certainly help.
    Accipiter and minimind like this.
  2. minimind The Village Idiot

I'm having a hard time imagining being in this position because I've never had to farm plat. Any time I've gotten a big bump in plat, it's because I temporarily cornered the market for a particular product in the bazaar (melee tomes when melee got research) or by selling off some very hard-to-acquire collectibles.
    But that's all bazaar plat.

Having to farm 36,750pp per visible armor slot (294,000pp for a full set) is a big ask when the server is so young. It's even more if you play primarily in groups and thus have to upgrade through Tier 1 first.

Is it possible to add another vendor that sells the more expensive armor combination pieces at a discount without affecting Live servers?
  3. Moth New Member

Laughs in Selo server
    Boze likes this.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

If youre going to PoP to get plat youre doing it wrong.
    Boze likes this.
  5. ayoforYayoh Augur

You could always try J.G Wentworth. I think you just have to say his name 3 times and he appears.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

The platinum concern on TLPs does have spikes. From Classic-LDoN there isn't much platinum sink to be heard of outside of a few random quests. GoD armor is the first big one, and that is where a lot of people sink much of their platinum from the first few expansion making some Qvic/Inkt'uta armor.

I don't think it is until SoF that it becomes a problem. The armor creation system requiring progressive T2->3>4 armor and the coring issue, people spend a ton of platinum to upgrade to SoF gear in era. Also with SoF come Type 3 augments. Augments we cannot remove from gear and must spend platinum on to obtain. So every upgrade you have to replace them.

Almost every expansion beyond HoT has the same issue, lots of platinum for base armor templates, lots of platinum for Type 3 augments.

Personally the armor platinum maintenance I've not found to be extremely terrible. It is the Type 3 maintenance that kills me. I am to the point of stopping bothering with most Type 3 augments because it is just too costly to constantly be replacing them. I would really love if I could throw some Overseer currency at Perfected Augment Distillers to solve this problem though!

Upping the raw platinum drop from mobs in these later expansions would be nice. Adding Diamond/Blue Diamonds to their loot tables would also be nice, or even a more valuable vendor item from the level 105+ content.
    Skuz and minimind like this.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

I agree with what you're saying, GoD was when they started but most people had enough cash to fund that since there wasnt much else besides TS to spend plat on before that. DoDH onward also was fairly pricey with the introduction of Type 12 augs and the 4A boxes an then SoF like you say put the petal to the metal with everything costing a fortune. With less and less time in the expansions and a smaller population that live had in era it can get tough for sure.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. minimind The Village Idiot

I keep them up to date on my main (berserker), but I've been raid-geared since RoS, so upgrades are relatively infrequent. But on my next progressed character (shaman), who I'm only just starting to main in a regular group), I don't have any type 3 augs. It's just that progressing quickly through upgrades and buying Type 3s for that kind of character just seems like flushing plat down the toilet.

AND THEN I have my wife's alt/tradeskill habit to feed.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

As far as Selo goes, I don't think they will ever do something like this again as it has proven to be very, very, very low interest as the current ruleset stands. New players just aren't a thing... maybe 1 per expansion lately?

And for the plat sinks, well I don't know either but Selo's timetable absolutely did ingrain into everyone's mindset that you simply do not need, nor will you acquire, the best gear every expansion. Ultimately, it didn't really matter and makes you play in a slightly different style. It's not better or worse, just different.

If you're really having to farm krono, however, I suppose just do what all the live players do and just cash in on the next classic launch where sets of banded are a krono, lol...
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

I agree, Skuz. TBL has higher plat per mob but no diamonds, blue diamonds, or expansion-specific cash drops.

The only reason I'm not broke is because the drop rates on visible gear pieces are so horrendous.