Rogue hide in Cobalt Scar

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kudladar, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Kudladar New Member

It appears that Rogue hide skill is semi broken in Cobalt Scar. This seems to be the only CoV zone this is a problem in.

You hit the button and get "You begin to hide..." .. But you never get the message "You have hidden yourself from view" which indicates that it didn't work. You have to keep doing it 4-6 times before it sticks.

Below is an example from logs (also already submitted in game bug report):
    [Mon Jan 18 11:20:09 2021] You stop hiding.
    [Mon Jan 18 11:20:10 2021] You begin to hide...
    [Mon Jan 18 11:20:14 2021] You stop hiding.
    [Mon Jan 18 11:20:17 2021] You begin to hide...
    [Mon Jan 18 11:20:23 2021] You stop hiding.
    [Mon Jan 18 11:20:24 2021] You begin to hide...
    [Mon Jan 18 11:20:30 2021] You stop hiding.
    [Mon Jan 18 11:20:31 2021] You begin to hide...
    [Mon Jan 18 11:20:37 2021] You stop hiding.
    [Mon Jan 18 11:20:38 2021] You begin to hide...
    [Mon Jan 18 11:20:38 2021] You have hidden yourself from view.
    [Mon Jan 18 11:23:08 2021] Your bug report has been submitted. Thank you.
    Modef and Silvena like this.
  2. Herf Augur

Just curious, are you levitated when having this problem? I've seen some things fail when you're levitated and are slowly moving vertically (down).
  3. Belexes ForumQuester

If you are having lag in the zone, sometimes you will move before the pressing of the button takes effect. Stay completely motionless until you see the message that you are hidden. If there is a delay and you move between the button being pushed and it taking effect, you will not be hidden.
    Modef likes this.
  4. Kudladar New Member

I haven't moved in 5 minutes and can take hide off then the logs show what happens. This is not just me this is occurring with as multiple people in my guild have had it happen.
    Modef and Silvena like this.
  5. Knifen Augur

I get it in CS and WW. I have both a gina trigger and in game trigger that alerts me when hide/sneak fails and it drops SoS. This is not the case. Those alerts never go off, I never get the you have moved alert. Another easy way to tell when its failed is to look that both hide and sneak are clicked, see that there is no move alert, but i can scroll back to third person and there is no ( ) around my name as it is when I am truly hidden.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's 100% the lag going on since CoV launched. Since Bristlebane crashed last week, hide has been working correctly again. Pre-crash, it took 10+ attempts to hide. It definitely has nothing to do with levi, since you can be running and sneak then hide. With the lag, hide flat out doesn't work.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Well with the change to ore drop rates CS and WW may see a large PC depop.