Consolidation TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by cojik999, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

All characters have veteran rewards now, tied to expac launches on TLP. Not sure if FTP get em or not but you don't need a legacy account anymore.
  2. FranktheBank Augur

Saying standard live server does not clarify literally anything we asked for clarification on.

All we know is it's being talked about and we'll get an answer the same time we get an answer about truebox, which probably means that 50% of the devs want to do something cool like merge us into a live server, add AoCs to that server. Then 50% want to do something really dumb like just converting selo/phinny to their own live servers and then nothing else, forcing us to pay $$ to xfer off if we want to play on a server with other people.

That would be my guess.
    jeskola and Skuz like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think the original plan for all TLP that made it to live status was the boring bog-standard "they just become a standard live server", but that over time they may have had second thoughts about the TLP population that is approaching live right now & the ones that will follow along behind afterwards - if they were not then we would have already received clarification I am certain.

The TLP population is at least as big as the live player population now, that's an audience with enough players to give back a lot more than mere lip-service to & I think the dev team recognise that, of course after deliberation they may well arrive at the conclusion that they think bog standard live server is the best future for TLP but I think the feedback provided in multiple threads might have given them enough material to think up some far more attractive options.

Fingers crossed we get something better than bog-standard live servers but my expectations are limited.

Worst-case scenario ex-TLP that reach live just get merged into random some low pop server upon reaching live status as if we were just filler for some other server's population of live players and forgotten about.

Best Case scenarios?

Probably a can of worms in some ways, but an EX-TLP server that stays all-access & retains the bonus xp, faster spawns & AoC that Selo has would be cool, merging future TLP that hit live into that makes a lot of sense for the players, even though Phinigel has probably a more established population merging that & Selo keeping selo benefits (minus the reduced lockout timers so it does not have a massive advantage over current live servers when it comes to current expansion progression) even if it then has a new Name as a "all access only live server". I would also love to see live servers get AoC - albeit they are restricted to only be accessible to all-access players.

Truebox status - while there are a tiny few haters of removing Truebox I think the vast majority of TLP players who make it to live would want the Truebox removed, I remain a steadfast advocate of removing Truebox as early as Depths of Darkhollow & absolutely 100% no later than Seeds of Destruction.

My own personal preference, if a merger of Selo/Phinigel/Miragul (maybe Coirnav too) is not on the cards is to give all the TLP players who hit live a free transfer so that they can take ALL their TLP characters with them before the server is shut down, any inactive & non-transferred get punted off to Vox and then the hardware is made ready to go for the next TLP server.
  4. Nolrog Augur

Is that really such an issue though? Is Truebox still needed? Would we really see armies coming onto the server if it was removed, or if we merged with another live server?

For AOCs are people still using them? If I go to content that is a couple expansions old, even if I go to Ring of Scale zones, I typically do not see many people, and AOCs stopped long ago. I can't even tell you the last time I used one.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

I'd say the biggest use of AoC would be to farm Seru horses for alts or to grab the 1 or 2 clickies that stay useful long after their respective eras are over. At least you get 1 shot a week at all those mobs vs someone parking their merc on the spawn point?
  6. Febb Augur

AoC's would be a huge draw for live players if the server went live. Many people need hunter achievements and such of mobs that are still perma camped on live servers.
    Skuz and Barton like this.
  7. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Wonder what will happen with Overseer too. I know that currently it is tied to server, so while I have a full contingent of agents on Selo if I transferred to FV they would all poof (I could convert them all and retire to get tokens, but still a big loss). If it is a blanket transfer of one server into another I hope they let you choose which server's Overseer inventory to keep.
    Skuz and Barton like this.
  8. FranktheBank Augur

Truebox is garbage and should be removed at least by TSS. AoCs are a pretty big deal. I can guarantee you, right now on Xegony that Shei, Seru, and VT blobs are down and probably killed be the same person for the last like 10 years lol. Also POP flagging is difficult to finish as well.
    Tweakfour17 and Skuz like this.
  9. Machen New Member

If I were a live player, I would flip my if the "TLP" live server had advantages that none of the other live servers get. It would be kindof the ultimate slap in the face after all the other ways the TLP's have impacted live. Especially when/if the TLP version starts getting the world first expansion kills due to faster dz refreshes and faster xp.

Then again, if they also leave truebox on it, that would probably mitigate a lot of that.
  10. jeskola pheerie

On live servers, a lot of the old raid content is hard to find up for clickies, epics, non-level-restricted twink gear, etc. There have been threads of people asking for AOCs to be added to Live.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

Thats true, but everyone coming up from a TLP should have had ample time to farm all those clickies, so if Selo or Phinny were to lose AoCs, would that be a big deal for those populations?
  12. jeskola pheerie

Yes - people like to create alts and boxes, main change, invite friends, etc. Live servers have a population base around even longer than selo and phinny, and yet all that old raid content is very hard to find up.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

Yes but Live servers having old raid content hard to find up makes sense with no AoC and a population thats been around longer. I'm talking Phinny/Selo/Future TLP, right now if you need a seru horse for example for your 12th alt, go spin up an AoC and go. You don't have to spawn camp the only seru on the entire server. It's entirely possible to have everything you want on all your current toons from those eras by using AoC before they (may or may not) disappear. Basically I'm saying if you're on one of those servers you either have already used the AoCs to get the stuff you need or you don't really care either way and as such, will many people actually miss them? Future alts will not have those options, but what is the actual realistic demand for future alts on Phinny or Selo that just the OW stuff would probably be mostly "ok" for?
  14. DeseanJackson Augur

AoCs would be missed. Even if it’s just messing around, it’s nice to be able to just go do something and not have to wait who knows how long for a spawn in your playtime. As for Alts, people start alts all the time. Who cares if they flame out or are needed? My shaman and Mage both benefited this month alone from Seru DZs, never once saw up OW.
    jeskola, Tweakfour17 and Barton like this.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

For sure, I hope they don't go away and personally wouldn't mind seeing live servers get them also, I guess I just wasn't sure how often they still got used in the lvl 100+ game and as a person who doesn't roll alts I was curious how often they are actually getting used. As a precaution I imagine it'd be a good idea to go collect all the stuff you want now on Phinny./Selo that you don't have already just in case.