Xegony Raid Lag Example

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kizant, Jan 17, 2021.

1. kizant Augur

Here's Zlandicar from tonight. I'm trying to cast the whole time and I couldn't even use up my Improved Twincast counters before it faded on its own.

ArtremasEQ, Galarian, Remien and 11 others like this.
  2. KrakenReality Augur

Yeah, but check out those sweet ice shaders with the moving ice...
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Astral just needs to stop spam clicking his earring.
  4. Maedhros High King

Well its easy to see the main problem. You're using original player character models.
  5. Venau Augur

Gorgeous UI. I think next time i get stressed or angry and something or someone imma come back here and look at that UI.............so soothing.
    kizant likes this.
  6. Duder Augur

Xegony isn't alone in these issues. The larger population servers play under those conditions on the regular in CoV.
    ClubersMS and Fenthen like this.
  7. Warpeace Augur

Its a great example how raids are being effected by this lag. Players are reporting it and feels like its being ignored.
  8. Jodiddlydoo New Member

/viewport is your friend, friend
  9. kizant Augur

I don't like it too distorted so I'm just using a little on the bottom/right side.
    Tucoh likes this.
  10. kizant Augur

I think you mean the correct models.
    Jhenna_BB, Astral64, Marton and 2 others like this.
  11. Ibudin Augur

The lag was awful in TOV as well - Griklor and GD raids at times unplayable for melee, with tons of stuff turned way down. I have only raided COV once so far but i wasnt seeing much of an improvement, raid with caster now and stand way back but its still horrible. Its not fun.
    ClubersMS likes this.
  12. Maedhros High King

This is so much above and beyond the very worst that I ever experienced in TOV.
    ClubersMS, Duder and Svann2 like this.
  13. KrakenReality Augur

All in all it’s pretty disappointing, considering that we don’t really expect much out of DPG. It’s difficult to think of a game, where the expectations are so low.
    ClubersMS and Duder like this.
  14. Fooba Augur

What I don't get is that the raid seemed fine on beta.
    ClubersMS, Fenthen and Svann2 like this.
  15. bbanz Elder

Been on break from EQ for RL reasons but that dragon model is pretty sweet.
    Svann2 likes this.
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It's almost like Beta is a different environment than live, and not really a test of the performance you'll get at all.
    ClubersMS likes this.
  17. Astral64 Augur

Good times.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

19. Zynt Augur

Y'all need to form a coalition with the EQ2 raiders and get some answers. Although I doubt you're going to get anything honest. It's not in their budget to fix lag.
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. ClubersMS New Member

The lag is so horrible that it isn't even fun to raid anymore. Folks that have been playing for many years competitively are extremely frustrated. Devs focus more on fixing stupid problems like ornaments than on the real problems that drive players into retirement. At least post something saying you are addressing the concern but you don't even admit there's a problem. Beta was fine but the new raids are so laggy that they aren't even enjoyable. Devs wont address this problem and fix it because it might actually require a few dollars or some brain power to correct. Instead they'd rather waste time and energy correcting mindless game bugs. How about fixing the critical game problems that drive players away year after year?