Mob HP bloat over last 3 expansions

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Vizier, Dec 31, 2020.

1. kizant Augur

It may be more difficult because you're trying to box everything but a mage in a group that lets them AE is going to do really well.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You have to first define what you mean by dps. Are you
    A) Using burns whenever they are up and taking the average over a long period, or
    B) Referring to the amount of dps you do without using any abilities.

Knowing you Kizant, I assume for you its the former, but I point it out only because not everyone measures dps the same way.

And my SK could do 500 (while tanking) and my berserker could do 400 (and I'm bad at playing a zerker). Both of those are *without* using long term abilities.

It's all relative. A great wizard should beat a bad melee. They might be able to beat a mediocre one, but they'll lose to a great one.

A mediocre wizard is going to lose to just about every melee unless they're a potato.

Sustainability is also an issue. Melee never run out of endurance, we can run out of mana. It might take 30 minutes of non-stop nuking but it will eventually happen unless you switch to lower damage spells.
  3. kizant Augur

Yeah I kind of assume people would use their DPS abilities. I'm sure a bunch of melee are ahead of wizards for both cases.
  4. Vaeeldar Augur

So I will say monks definitely run out of endurance. It’s not like a few classes who can go just about forever.

Honestly I’m not sure a wiz could beat even a poor melee at least at sustained. They are just hurting so badly on all levels at the moment.

I also don’t see mages, with their long casting coming close to the top melee dps on either sustained or burns. For the top melee it’s quite feasible to sustain 650k dps.

Now I will say I play with a brd (melee or necro) or ench (casters group) in my groups so my ADPS is always high. The problem is over long periods of time the benefit to melee is higher through adps. it would be interesting to see if bard and ench got some more benefits to casters if things evened out