Test Update 01/12/2021 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Done it. I am 100% group geared, I haven't been on a raid since Rain of Fear.

My guild doesn't even have a cleric main. We have one box cleric and one alt cleric. I'm it as far as main healers.

I'm in no way saying its easy and its probably the first mission in a long time where I have to really be on my toes as a main healer. Only doing Icebound Avatar while trying for the All Credit to Rallos achievement last expansion required that level of dedicated healing and then cliffs in the expansion before that.

A lot of this requires getting some good HOT going as well as Zrelik's recourse and then rain heals and single target bump heals as needed. Its more work than in recent years but not impossible by any means.
    scaethach and Yinla like this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

Any word on getting more than 12 trash mob drakes behind a hundred see invis golems to drop collectibles in the Skyshrine mission?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Those zones were properly setup.
  4. Angahran Augur

Also, noticed the Trader window seems to have related issues.

I can log in, resize the window, start offline trader.
    Then when I log in the next time it's reverted to previous size.

Possibly something isn't saving when going through the offline trader code ?
  5. Grombo New Member

Will there be other rare loot than the luck augument? And if so, what is it?
    Nennius and OldCa61 like this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can you do the same with the special damage on the Mearatas raid?

I've also noticed I get a lot of messages about NPCs being effected by others spells/pets, when I have all spells set to mine and NPC only. It doesn't display damage, it is the message you get when spells land on another player/NPC.
  7. Duder Augur

Will the new CoV item click AA's be implemented? From the new raid gear, like the click that was added to the ranger bows, will that rank of the intended AA be implemented with the patch? Currently none of the new item click AA's actually exist.
    Waring_McMarrin and Barton like this.
  8. DeadRagarr Augur

For our group - T3 CoV geared all velium threaded.
    SK/cleric/enchanter/Wizard/Mage/wizard and sometimes ranger.

Difficulty is Zland ->Sleepers -> Skyshrine -> Aary (Have not killed yet).

Sleepers is just annoying and mostly just figuring out which to kill first. We kill the one that spawns adds first. Another note we killed it today and burned Vulak. The golems I suppose are HP based because we got literally like 12 of them going to middle after he died. They all exploded and we hide behind pillar to avoid AoE and got the "Let all golems spawn" Cheezement.

Aary for us feels overtuned. The massive amount of zone wide dmg feels punishing while were trying to actually do the mechanics. Roar + <Forgot name of the other one> is BRUTAL on us and were all 300K HP + with multiple spell runes. There feels like way too much going on with penalties stacking on penalties. Its. Just. Clunky. Just make one orb spawn + Two auras. You do the mechanic correct - yea! No penalty or massive zonewide dmg. You do it wrong you get both aura's penalties.

Also remove the trap mechanic. The kill videos I watched have basically all ignored it. It doesn't feel fun for a 6 man instance, but more of something a 12 man/raid would deal with.

Skyshrine felt honestly fairly decent. Its hard. Definitely harder than Sleepers/Zland, but we downed it on third attempt with no change to kill order from EQ resource (Which I am sure there is a better kill order for us). We were able to rune/heal through the dmg and IIRC our mage recorded as 4 total resists of decay spell (Jorteva -> Charayan -> Susarrak -> Grendish was our kill order)

I am all for more nerfs to Aary. The others feel about right other than sleepers just akward with the stops (No, I don't think people will ever bother with swapping dragons which I heard is what your supposed to do, but lets be real. If we can heal through were gonna sit there and just kill it and Burn Vulak later)
  9. Wikichant New Member

Hey guys, there is a lot of stuff missing from my house / inventory that I've noticed over the last two days - About 10-15 Hero's Forge suits and at least one familiar. That's just the stuff that's very obviously gone (I can cross-check using my vanity achievements).

Somebody in gen chat said a few other people have complained of this over the last few days. I just wanted everyone to be aware of the issue as it may be related to the patch. Maybe go check your housing inventory?

I'm pretty bummed out because it took a lot of time to re-suit all the hero's forge stuff. It's pretty painful when it all just poofs. There's no customer support for Test, so I'm guessing I'm just screwed unless the devs can figure out what happened with the patch (and hopefully reverse it).
  10. Vaeeldar Augur

So I got back in and switched setup to burn a bit earlier on Ber. I can now safely put this mission on farm status and it’s not quite as bad as I thought burning earlier.

That said I have 3 ber who were average 800k dps on the dragons. And if you let them power up main healing is rough. I still think this mission is going to be super rough on groupers in non-ideal groups. Maybe if following emotes kept guards from spanking or give something to make it workable like Velks for non-dps groups.

aaryonar is a bit easier with 2 orbs but the mechanics of the mission make run difficulties vary greatly from one to the next. For example if the orbs don’t quite run right way or get stuck etc...
    Vaft_Gnome likes this.
  11. Vaeeldar Augur

[quote="DeadRagarr, post: 3994412, member: 408799"

Aary for us feels overtuned. The massive amount of zone wide dmg feels punishing while were trying to actually do the mechanics. Roar + <Forgot name of the other one> is BRUTAL on us and were all 300K HP + with multiple spell runes. There feels like way too much going on with penalties stacking on penalties. Its. Just. Clunky. Just make one orb spawn + Two auras. You do the mechanic correct - yea! No penalty or massive zonewide dmg. You do it wrong you get both aura's penalties.

Also remove the trap mechanic. The kill videos I watched have basically all ignored it. It doesn't feel fun for a 6 man instance, but more of something a 12 man/raid would deal with.

Skyshrine felt honestly fairly decent. Its hard. Definitely harder than Sleepers/Zland, but we downed it on third attempt with no change to kill order from EQ resource (Which I am sure there is a better kill order for us). We were able to rune/heal through the dmg and IIRC our mage recorded as 4 total resists of decay spell (Jorteva -> Charayan -> Susarrak -> Grendish was our kill order)

I am all for more nerfs to Aary. The others feel about right other than sleepers just akward with the stops (No, I don't think people will ever bother with swapping dragons which I heard is what your supposed to do, but lets be real. If we can heal through were gonna sit there and just kill it and Burn Vulak later)[/quote]

Clunky is a perfect way of describing it. One run could be semi easy and the next a disaster because of mechanics and random luck. The orbs are a bit better but I agree paired with rap mechanic it’s a bit of a nightmare.

Also what even causes it to happen and is there a way to mitigate it? The trap mechanic paired with everything else is the biggest issue. Also, I’m not convinced it’s not easier to just tank the aura because sometimes the timing of them exploding in earth is not fun depending on what else is going on. It seems like they should do a lot less damage than they do when doing that.

I’m still playing with this mission and will figure it out today but I agree mechanics of this are just clunky as hell. I think even if they got rid of the 4th aura (one in back) it might be a bit doable. But that’s one of the clunky things where if you have to run orbs there and grolik spawning happen to be there well it’s not fun.
    Vaft_Gnome likes this.
  12. DeadRagarr Augur

Just downed Aary.

How? We ignored all mechanics and burned. Just tank the two orbs + bosses. That is the only way we have been able to do it. Doing the mechanics killed us every single time.

Definitely needs retuning.
  13. Vaeeldar Augur

Funny enough same here. The exploding orbs are far harder than just tanking them + not having to deal with prisons.
    Vaft_Gnome likes this.
  14. Vaeeldar Augur

Also given number of bugs or things flat out not working like zlandi, merchant in WW seems like it might be worth a test patch before live push so that we can confirm everything working for live.
    Vaft_Gnome likes this.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

What's annoying is, camping instead of making the changes and going right to offline mode to initiate a UI file save doesn't seem to make a difference. My traders on both my accounts always have screwed up windows I have to resize.
  16. Vaft_Gnome Lorekeeper

notes -
    1. i just saw a shark above the water, well above the ice, in cobalt scar. (could care less, i like flying sharks)
    2. if you reset merc aa and press the buy all button, it actually just goes thru and buys all, 1 item at a time until you have purchased every single aa available (in the entire merc window) or your run out of aa. (not a big deal, dont care, figured id share since it seems weird)
    3. zlandicar mission remains 100% broke, the script just doesnt start. nothing happens.
    4. in crusaders mission, im not sure how high you want the chance to resist to be, but i only resisted one spell (Decomposing Flesh, cast by Charayan). i resisted that spell four times, was hit by it 10 times. i didnt resist anything else except some spell an add cast once. and the fight order was Jorteva - charayan - susarrak - grendish. we did beat the mission, we didnt try to do any of the mechanics except avoiding the cleaner.
    5. Aaryonar mission, we have beaten it, by just burning hard and ignoring all mechanics (offtanking the orbs, offtanking the guardian / rooting the guardian once for a while). we would have wiped at the end, but one of our two surviving members managed to open the chest before the guardian add attacked and killed us all.
    --we can perform the mechanics of the mission. anytime we do, we die. taking the time to do the mechanics gets us hit by the 120k hp dots of Roar of whatever, and add the 85k intruders curse dot and its just too much. doing the mechanics is possible, but we die every time due to random luck from those dots potentially killing any of us. we do have a chanter that chain runes spell rune also (just doesnt help enough). we have tried and died for many hours on end doing the mechanics, all of them or some of them.
    --six man group, healer / tank. dps, two people to pull the orbs (one for each orb to get it into the correct aura). three different 120k roar dots, one 85k intruders curse dot, the traps that the players pulling the orbs get, its all a bit too much.
    --i love hard missions, this mission seems to be pure luck and lots of dps for anyone that succeeds. it didnt work for us until we just ignored everything and burned everything as fast as possible.
  17. Evilness Gnome warriors are the best warriors

It seems you are going through with a live patch tomorrow. Has any of the major issues brought up with this test patch been fixed? Such as the Zlandicar mission being borked, Olwen not selling anything, and the guild hall/housing rollback? If not, DO NOT PUSH THIS TO LIVE PLEASE. Thanks.
  18. Cadman Elder

When was the last time that happened? ;)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  19. Moege Augur

Last year.
    Coagagin likes this.
  20. Erebor New Member

Was anyone able to test the new merc AA ranks on test?