DO NOT DESTROY!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Flatchy, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

Well I finally linked my forage button to another button so I forage constantly. Only took 19 years. Now I found a new problem because of this. That stupid piece of velium you forage in COV areas. Its pretty worthless isnt it? I usually destroy em to save bag space. So Im destroying them and WHOOOPS just destroyed my shrink item from Bristlebain because they look exactly the same.

We all have bags of clickies we have carried for years and do not want to lose. Can you not please put a check box on every items window that says do not destroy. I know they ask do you really want to destroy this item but well accidents do happen and I just know there are things I dont ever plan on losing or destroying. But try 4 boxing and pulling, add into that trying to mt said item on the run, (Not to mention too many beers drank while playing).

I am glad for the reclamation coin but please think of the poor drunken trolls of Norrath!
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

I agree with this. Also needs to include DO NOT TRIBUTE
    Lately Ive been using bandolier more often and the swapped out weapons happen to fall in the same bag with all my tribute items. Worries me that some day I may be tired and trib my good weapons.
    dreadlord, Fanra, Duder and 1 other person like this.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Flatchy, it's in the options window, fast item destroy.. bottom right of first page of options..just under the font options drop down.
    [IMG]
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Laronk Augur

We also need a do not sell button so that we can do the sell by bag while leaving along things we don't want to sell like in other games.
    Fanra likes this.
  5. Windance Augur

The main problem with the "Fast Item Destroy" is they are active for EVERY item. You get conditioned to clicking yes to them.

What the OP really wants is a way to designate certain items as TRASH - ie. destroy or sell this and some items as TREASURE - ie. don't sell or destroy this thing.

Then you can make it so you skip the "are you sure" type dialogs on TRASH.
    Fanra and Nennius like this.
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

Part of the problem here is a useless item that is foraged but doesn't stack, at that we can't ignore foraging certain items.
    Winnowyl, Fanra, minimind and 3 others like this.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

Not a perfect fix, but I find this helps me.
    I try to shuffle all useful stuff I plan to keep into the top bags so any new drops or things fall into the bottom few bags and mainly only look at those.

Every now and then I go through the upper set of bags to root out junk that snuck into holes that appeared either due to tradeskills emptying a slot, or maybe bandolier left a slot open long enough for some junk to sneak in.
    Ibudin and Svann2 like this.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

They need a do not forage list! thats would be great :)

Andarriel
    Fanra, Nennius and Boze like this.
  9. Windance Augur

Better yet, have any fishing/foraged items drop into self only advloot. That already has all the functionality to save/ignore items.
    Winnowyl and Fanra like this.
  10. Tegila Augur

Just remove the stupid piece of velium from the game. It has absolutely no point but annoyance. Original zone maybe but not the CoV zones. Absolutely no point. Or at. LEAST make them stackable. I know it's prim/sec but still. We have stacking items with stats in game.
    Fanra likes this.
  11. Boze TLP complaint factory

This is the real answer. Would be great QoL.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

Making it so you could make sure it stays in one bag and that bag only would be great. As mentioned its the Bandolier that causes this. I have a SHRINK slot in bandolier I use time to time and there goes my item to the first bag. The same bag I usually keep open spots for looting and what not.

Oh and I do make them ask me if I am sure I want to destroy , but then again IM a troll and not so smart. I do not want to go through all my items and check a box to save them but there are certain ones that yes I do not want to part with no matter what. (or at least till something better comes along).
  13. Angahran Augur

They need to link fishing/foraging into the advloot system so we can say we never wat rusty daggers or waterlogged sandels and all the other random nonstackable crap we pick up.
  14. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

/advsell
    /advtribute
    /advdelete