Consolidation TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by cojik999, Jan 14, 2021.

1. cojik999 New Member

Would be nice to offer a consolidation TLP to bring a few servers that are struggling to survive. I'm looking at you Coirnav.

Has this ever been discussed? I did see where they offered to move your toons to a live server, but that kinda ruins the TLP feel.

What if they starter in HoT. Gave it a 12 or 20 week time frame. Allowed every TLP not at that point to transfer over, and have the option to advance to a heroic character or level your way through the various expansion?
  2. Silver-Crow Augur

In all honesty, I suspect VOX will become the sweeper server for any TLP's hitting live, but it remains to be seen exactly what will happen to Selos, Phinny and Miragul when they hit live this year.

it would be nice if one of Selos, Phinny or Miragul become the sweeper server, keeping the TLP feel (and I'm assuming the All access requirement). Obviously truebox being left on is a bit of an issue, but we'll have to wait and see exactly what happenes.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

There was a bit of a push to allow Coirnav to merge with Ragefire but the rule sets are far too different to make that work, the proposal of them going to Ragefire & Ragefire's rules adjusting to the ones Coirnav had was never going to fly, they would have to adopt Ragefire's and that wasn't what they were willing to accept in any case.

Issue for Coirnav is no matter where they go they will be out of synch with any server they join, what they would like ideally is for a couple hundred people to return that used to play there, but chances of that happening are about as slim as them getting new players.

Coirnav has just got to hang tough & make do and see if they can last to live with what they have, I don't think they are going to make it to live myself, I think the server will be dead long before that happens.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's really overdue at this point... Selo has pretty much collapsed and being in some form of purgatory limbo has swayed potential players from even bothering. Nobody wants to be on the receiving end of a bad surprise...
  5. jeskola pheerie

The lack of any sort of information from Darkpaw on what options they are considering for servers hitting live is very disconcerting, and reflects poorly on them in the planning and customer relations areas.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Selo is probably a hot target for a server merge, either to a low pop live server or to Phinigel.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Planning for TLP has been woefully lacking, but perhaps the delay in information is due to an active conversation taking place that not only impacts the current crop of soon to be Ex-TLP but also future ones and they want to make a decision that is good for the long term future not just the immediate & rapidly approaching one (trying to be optimistic about it rather than fatalist).
  8. Dre. Altoholic

Doesn't this server have an experience bonus, and some other perks?

Might be a good as permanent destination/live server with these effects.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

That was something I had suggested only because of the eras they are in (Coirnav just opened SoD and Rage is in UF), I belive at some point Coirnav should pass Ragefire so figured if there was ever a time to merge 2 tlp this was it so no one got screwed on content. The large difference in rulesets makes it tricky but for the amount of people who would prefer to lose truebox and the zero downsides to having AoC I personally think the only main ruleset issue would be unlock speed / voting. *shrug*
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Nolrog Augur

Well, Selos won't go to Phini until Phini is in CoV. At that time, IMO, it would make more sense to merge them both into another live server (and then add Mangler in early 2022 when it hits live) rather than keeping one of them active.
  11. Febb Augur

At this point Phinigel is the dumping grounds for TLP servers with low population. You will of course have to pay for the transfer to there.

However if they were to do merges, they need to merge Agnarr and Coirnav into Phinigel regardless of their rulesets. Mangler, Rizlona, and Aradune seem to be doing ok population wise for now so they can leave them alone.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

The idea of a dumping ground TLP isn't a bad idea... the downside is that it would have truebox, but it would have AOC. That's definitely a draw. But the huge downside would be if it is pay to play.

The sheer fact that DBG seems to do cookie cutter, "uninspired" changes leads me to believe we might just get dumped to a live server.
  13. FranktheBank Augur

Right, that's the issue with the merges. Selo has improved ruleset (bonus xp, rares, faction, lockouts) so wherever we end up will be 'worse' (outside of losing truebox, hopefully). Phinny merging into us would give them perks, but they are a more established server.

Merging us into a live server pretty much screws us both equally. We would lose truebox and lose aocs.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They have never said any TLP will keep its curent rule sets when they hit live.

If Selo hits live and keeps its rule set I can see a lot on live servers transfering over and a lot more requests for AoCs on live servers.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

It would also keep truebox and have no FTP, would that be enough of a deterrent for live players?
    KrakenReality likes this.
  16. FranktheBank Augur

They haven't said anything about anything lmao.
  17. KrakenReality Augur

Truebox and a smaller player base would be deterrents. It’d be a tough sell for anyone to transfer to a server with little to no population.
  18. Fluid Augur

+1 "Truebox and a smaller player base would be deterrents"
    I went to Coirnav last night to take inventory. Only one account had characters, I had popped one Veteran Reward on one of the characters.

The perks for Live servers if you want to or need to develop a character are better if you don't pay DP! Silly system where the more you pay, the less you get. People that want to pay to play a Truebox server, fine, but know that someone who pays nothing gets everything from armor to Mercs with the ability to run as many accounts as they want. I accept that the TLP servers that started off Truebox will stay that way, just that I will never play one again.

Just guessing the eventual end point will probably be Live vs TLP with the only difference being absence of free play which is a good thing. The TLP servers will eventually be down to Truebox vs boxing and I am in the latter.

BTW: Thanks for the topic. I will probably eventually transfer my Veteran Reward character off to a TLP start server in the later stages with all the Live perks. Nice knowing I should save a slot! I'd probably go Rizlona after PoP and the Merc expansions to play catch up. It's not that I dislike F2P characters, just that they sometimes seem to be more trouble then they are worth.
  19. jeskola pheerie

That fact continues to bewilder me. At least offer a tiny bit of transparency and proper customer relations by letting us know if you are still having internal discussion on this and have not reached a decision.
  20. Barton The Mischievous

Well I mean, technically they did say in the updated announcement that Selo's will become a standard live server when it catches up to the present era. Not sure how the other announcements were worded or if they even mentioned what would happen. No one knows if that is what will happen and what exactly is a standard live server. I read it and thought it loses everything special, others think that it won't The reply I got when I asked Dreamweaver in Discord about it was that it is being discussed.

"Selo is a Truebox server and, once the server catches up to the present era, will become a standard Live server.

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-selo-mangler-progression-server-update-20th-anniversary-2019

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/selo-truebox.268384/page-27

EDIT: The updated announcement also said Mangler would become a standard live server as well.
    EDIT2: As far as I can tell by rereading the other server announcements No mention was made of what would happen once they reached live.