EverQuest Lore Feedback - We need your help!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pip, Jan 15, 2021.

1. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Expansion Concept: ‘The Fall of The Elddar’ or ‘The Fall of Tunaria.’

The expansion would be premised on time travel (Seeds of Destruction) and present day. The storyline would delve into the conflict between Tunare and Solusek Ro on the ancient continent of Tunaria. It would also explore the history of The Elddar as these ancient elves become resurgent (and threatening) in present day Norrath. Additional elements would involve the High Elves (rival militaristic faction) and Dwarves (elite smiths and armorers for the High Elves).

Zones:

The City of Takish Hiz (T1 Zone)
    The Ancient Forest or The Burnt Woods (T2 Zone)
    Ancient Felwhite (T2 Dungeon Zone)
    Burning Desert of Ro* (T3 Zone - similar to the Plane of War)
    The Tower of Solusek Ro (1-2 Missions - similar to TBL Chamber of Tears Mission)
    Plane of Growth (2-3 Missions - similar to TBL Plane of Fire Missions)

*The majority of the expansion would be set on Tunaria before the first human settlement of Oceangreen. The ancient High Elves, Dwarves, and Solusek Ro vanquish 'The Elddars’ during this period. The Burning Desert of Ro would be a present-day battlefield where mortals must join forces with Fennin Ro and the Jann to stop ‘The Elddars’ once and for all. These present-day Elddars travel in time to seek ancient artifacts from Plane of Growth and Tower of Solusek Ro to enhance their power.

Item Names:

Dwarven Steel
    Elven Plate
    Mithril

Signature Quest line: The Oakwynd (BiS Class Weapons - upgrades to Possessed Dreadstone weapons).

2. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Music by Paul Romero
  3. Geminias New Member

As far as lore goes:

1. Drinal, Norrath's other moon is completely undeveloped.
    2. The Shadowmen were mentioned in the first several expansions as being all over Norrath and seemingly observing key events. Who are they? what do they want?
    3. The Druid rings and the Wizard spires, Would love to learn about the groups that originally made them and if the spots they were put in have any meaning. Also, why so many are in disrepair.
    4. The weird glyphs on the towers in the old world (look like geometric bunny ears in the center)
    5. Also, lore wise, in the in game lore reader - I'm pretty sure that High Elf and Dark Elf armies are still camping in the Faydark and getting ready for a massive battle.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Drinal - Time to fine out what is on Norraths other moon.
    Luclin - Lots of interest going on here.
    Shards Landing - The final portal - it looks to be Plane of Mischief or Morells Castle, expansion with mischief and mayhem from Bristlebane could be fun.
    GODs - Last God I think we heard of was Luclin/Death of Cazic what are they up to now.
    Al'Kabor - he has been far too quiet for far too long.

I'm sick of Kunark, I'm even more sick of Velious, Firona Vie, Llayns and Mayong (please make him really be dead this time). Also I really don't want to go back to Discord.
    WeezFv and Duder like this.
  5. Kragin011 New Member

We need a whole expansion about the crushbone empire.
    Fenthen and Kaenneth like this.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I must know one thing.

How did my dearest Opal Darkbriar go from being one of the most intriguing characters (to me).

To standing under a lean-to in the Freeport newbie pit like a commoner?

:(
    jiri_ likes this.
  7. KrakenReality Augur

The nerd in me gets so excited for the mere mention of Mithril.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

A more fleshed out story of the vampires of Mistmoore, especially something which deals with them knowing that Mayong had abandoned them.

An actual conclusion for the Wayfarers' Brotherhood.

An expansion that deals with the commoners of the various kingdoms.

Expand on Luclin and those living there.

Drinal exploration.

An expansion which actually crosses over the various races of Norrath. We have a few races which almost never have been seen outside their expansion, it would be cool to see some interaction between them and the rest of Norrath. The two that I would most like to see would be Alarans and the Taelosians. They both had a lot of potential. For the latter group, I would suggest having the discovery of a previously discovered town with actual living Taelosians.
    MasterMagnus and Nennius like this.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

The little people revolt?
    Elyssanda and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  10. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

For the love of Karana ... NO MORE MAYONG !!

I want to see something happen with Halas and the Barbarians. This is an all but a forgotten part of Norrath. Who made Permafrost Castle before the Goblins over ran it and Lady Vox took up residence? Who made the Towers in Everfrost? Why are there towers in Everfrost? What was the purpose of the Temple Ruins that Redwind and his Icy Orcs now occupy? Why is Miragul's Lich under the ice and why has Halas not driven him out or killed him yet? Who are the Barbarians descendant from?

How does the Tribunal play into Barb's and was there are great battle in the past where the Barb's fought for Justice and The Seventh Hammer, to only have the Tribunal step in and save what was left of the Barbarians race and helped them escape to Everfrost to remain in hiding. Or did they chose to step away from humanity like the The Jabari tribe of Wakanda in MCU? They embrace the Shamanistic magics and shun the "Modern" magics. Why are they no longer Nomadic and have settled into a town of Halas?

Where is the river coming from? Where is it going?

What is the relationship with Halas, Qeynos and the Bayle Family?

There is a million ways to go with this.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Permafrost/Everfrost originally belonged to the giants before Rallos cursed them to eternal winter for failing to come to his aid when they assaulted Earth, this led to the giants spreading out across the world. Barbarians are the offspring of Erollisi Marr when Morell-Thule took the "Gift of Life" from Mithaniel in order to keep it away from his father Cazic-Thule. Morell divided the gift of life into two parts, half of it going into the swamps of innothule which created the frogs and the other he... impregnated... into Erollisi which would become the Barbarians and later they became the humans.

I don't know offhand why the Barbarians primarily worship Seventh Hammer/Rallos over the Marr twins but I'm gonna chalk it up to gameplay balance/design.

You can read more here: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/Origin_of_the_Barbarians_and_Frogloks
    Celephane likes this.
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Slight correction: It was not Rallos that cursed the giants of Permafrost, it was the other gods as punishment for their participation in the assault on Earth. Rallos cursed the Frostcrypt giants for failing to come to his aid.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I hope you like to read, Pip, because I've got a lot for you:

I'm going to plug my History of Norrath here and reference a few things I've wondered about. Text in quotes is from my history.

Veeshan

We know VERY little about this dragon who first found Norrath. Is she a child of the Gods of Power like most of our pantheon? If so, why are the other gods "opposed" to her and try to "keep her in check." Also, why is she a dragon? Is it just a form she chooses? Or is she part of an all-dragon pantheon?

Bards are somehow connected to her, (all Bards can worship her, and much of their spells/Epic are dragon-themed).

Why is Brell her enemy?

It was also STRONGLY suggested that prior to finding Norrath, Veeshan also spread dragons (and/or Dragorn, it's murky) on Kuua and that after the defeat of Oshiruk she took his soul and placed it somewhere on Norrath.

Where did she go after leaving Norrath? Why hasn't she returned?

There are SO many questions.

Shiliskin and Darkhollow

The Shiliskin empire has existed for thousands of years, which is significant when you consider we don't even know where they came from. They are one of several sentient species that claim to have existed before all others.

Taelosians

Like the Shiliskin, we don't know where the Taelosians come from either. All we do know is that they believe they were originally an aquatic race that then evolved to walk on land, and that they had been on land for "thousands of years." None of which can be proven.

Sphinxes

The sphinxes are another intelligent species that we do not know the origin for. They also that claim to have been on Norrath before anything else but without explanation of how. What we do know is that they assisted Rallos Zek in his attempt to invade the Plane of Earth by giving the Ogre magi "secret knowledge" and that they were punished for it (like the Ogre/Giants being made stupid) but what the punishment was we don't know nor do we know why they helped him.

Ankexfen

You've never heard of this before? You're not alone.

The Ankexfen were the original (undiminished) form of Goblins. After the failed invasion of Earth by Rallos Zek, the Ankexfen were exterminated for their participation, but this somehow created Goblins in their place.

Discord

Discord has no "leader," it is a "force" of the cosmos, and we have only dealt with some of it's followers.

For example: Omen of War lore mentioned at least 2 (not counting Alarans) separate pantheons of gods that are not a part of the Norrathian pantheon:

Oshiruk was corrupted by Discord and destroyed his own pantheon (though he later died).
    The Riftseekers were created as singular beings by their god, Bealu, but he feared their power so he split them into half-beings of opposite elements so they couldn't join together again. (Some quests about the Riftseekers trying to combine back into single beings again would be sweet. Maybe Bealu could make an appearance? A revamped Riftseeker's Sanctum would be amazing! *hint* Hardcore Heritage *hint*).

My point being Discord is a deep well that we haven't reached the bottom of by any measure.

Wizard Spires and Pyramids

One thing we do know is that THEY WERE NOT MADE BY THE COMBINE! We don't know who made the original Wizard spires or the pyramids. All we know is they were said to be made by a race so old we don't even know their name. The Combine merely figured out how to use them (and later to build new ones).

Xulous

What we do know about them is that they were the original users of Necromancy which they used to fight the First Brood dragons. They worshipped death which eventually gave rise to Bertoxxulous, who destroyed them. They *may* have been aliens who came to Norrath with the help of Druzzil Ro (for some unknown reason) and Rodcet Nife came to stop them.

Shissar

So, essentially, the Shissar have two origin stories, and both of them have problems:
    If the Shissar existed in the Age of Scale, then there is a question of where they came from / who created them.

If the Shissar were created by Cazic-Thule during the Age of Monuments, then why are there no records of them encountering the Ring of Scale on Kunark?

Additionally, it is said that Zebuxoruk aided the Shissar by giving them knowledge of Necromancy via the Unholy Writ of War, and possibly teaching them how to use teleportation magic (which they used to try and invade the Planes). Why would he do this? He also gave the book to the Iksar. Why?

Kerafyrm (the Sleeper)

Kerafyrm was put to sleep until a complicated ritual could be performed that would actually kill him, but this ritual was never performed and he remained asleep for thousands of years until we awoke him. Why was the ritual never performed?

Eriak Zek

I would like to know more about Eriak Zek. Is he truely the Demi-god of Guile? Does he still have power unknown to Rallos? Who is his mother? These are the things I need to know!

Aten Ha Ra / Akel Ha Ra

So, again, there are conflicting stories. Was Aten Ha Ra a separate entity from Akel Ha Ra? If so, were they sisters? Was she merely an alternate personality?
    Additionally, Luclin doesn't seem to be bothered by this (her High Priestess Akel being executed by Aten) because Aten is her #1 lacky in Plane of Shadows.

Lcea Katta

So, with the advent of EoK, at least that version of Lcea is explicitly referred to as Tsaph's daughter. That doesn't stop her from also being his wife (gross), or from being named after her mother. I just want clarification! Also, why would Luclin tell her to go to the moon when she hated outsiders?

Saryrn / Mayong Mistmoore / Bertoxxulous / Luclin / Alarans

All of the above were not originally gods but became gods. With the exception of Luclin they became gods after first being mortals. I'm wondering if there is a connection here.

Luclin came into being from the merging of the Plane of Light and Plane of Darkness into the Plane of Shadows. The two Planes had been opposed from the moment of Creation and their occupants (who was there? Who were the gods of these planes?) decided that merging was preferable to the state of eternal war. Because of this abnormal form of creation, the other gods distrusted Luclin, and thus she distrusted them. For this reason, as the other gods were laying claim to various parts of Norrath, Luclin claimed the moon that bears her name, and shrouded it with a veil of shadows.

Bertoxxulous arose out of the death worship of the Xulous. They buried their dead kings and worshipped them and after many generations Bertox came into being and destroyed them, transporting the tomb to the Plane of Disease.

Saryrn was a mortal who was touched by the goddess Erollsi Marr. However, being touched by a god, even the goddess of love, can carry unexpected consequences and Saryrn turned cruel and grew in power and renown after she went on a murderous killing spree before ascending shortly before the Planes of Power. How is it that no other mortal has ascended this way? Karana was worried about this during Plane of Power, yet nothing seems to have come of it?

Mayong Mistmoore claims to have existed before any others on Norrath, but this is almost assuredly a lie he tells as part of his plans to grow in power and renown to ascend. There is a great deal of evidence he was originally a Dark Elf who somehow became a vampire. How did he become a vampire? How did he learn to ascend? (It's possible he learned it from Saryrn, but that seems unlikely as he has been planning it for centuries before she ascended).

Alaran gods were mortals who ascended via worship millennia before Norrath was found by Veeshan. After they were attacked by Discord and came to Norrath only to be attacked by dragons, they hid themselves behind the Veil of Alaris. Is it possible that contact was made with the Xulous? Or Mayong?

In the case of Mayong there is a *striking* similarity in how he gained power and the plans of the Alarans in House of Thule: Mayong created Shadowspine, which was a spellbook/cloister that stole the power of all who used it, fueling the creation of the Demi-plane of Blood. The House of Thule was ALSO a cloister that the Alaran gods used to lure Cazic-Thule into to steal his power and fuel their return to life.

It just strikes me as VERY coincidental that BOTH Mayong and the Alarans used similar methods. I feel like maybe there is a connection there. Maybe long ago Mayong heard rumors of Alaris and travelled there and learned how to ascend? Something to think about.
    Androktasiai, Raccoo, WeezFv and 17 others like this.
  14. Numiko Augur

Expand on the lore of the prisoners in plane of justice, many of them will talk to you and give you snippets of interesting stories that you never find anywhere else.

This would make PoJ an interesting central zone with missions being given by the prisoners to discover their backstories.
    Lisard, Wulfhere and Skuz like this.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

How about a Two-in-one.

News from the Alarians... Discordians have a secret base on Luclin!

Stop them from recruiting or destroying various factions on Luclin.
  17. Szilent Augur

The Shadows of Luclin expansion's story was the Combine story, which already continued in The Buried Sea, The Darkened Sea, and Empires of Kunark before wrapping up (for now) with the bad end of warmonger Lcea in RoS. Regardless of how it goes on, it's unlikely to continue on the moon.

Returning to the Luclin setting might mean continuing the Gods story via the goddess Luclin herself, I suppose? Certainly her people the Akhevans are still around and she said something about "calling on us" near the end of RoF. I think the Ssra/Khatisha story is canonically wrapped up via player actions, but New Silysar expatriates might have feelings about certain properties up there.

What I most dream of? for the second half of TBL to include the elemental forces of earth, enraged by player complicity in burglarizing the reliquary at Mearatas, forcibly co-opting elemental water to drown PoK (plus Lobby. leaving only the Library itself unsubmerged), so's the mechanical roles of quest & shopping hub & craft hub & travel hub & corpse retrieval can get farmed out to appropriate and less trafficked zones.
    Jennre and Lisard like this.
  18. KrakenReality Augur

Prexus has never really been developed and gives the opportunity to really be creative with underwater zones.
  19. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

If you go a submerged route...can the tradeskill chase item be a device that improves aquatic combat abilities? These massive player powers harnessed against all creatures but a toe in the water is a legit defense strategy.
  20. Windance Augur

http://www.wtfcomics.com/

WTF Comics is one of my favorite fan inspired sites. An interesting story line with some great lines.
    Fenthen likes this.