Old raids that can be 3 boxed?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HoodenShuklak, Jan 16, 2021.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Selo is now level 110, and one of the fun things of eq is going back to kill old raids with small crews. Think of things like farming seru, plane of power bosses, numerous illusion items, etc. (You could still get relevant items via clickies so its more than just a time waster.)

However I'm curious what can be done like that for content 75+?vof course group makeup matters, but the material point is content that's doable given less than a group, even if it may be a challenge.
  2. Goranothos Augur

I 2 boxed Quarm and most of Anguish with a mage/shammy at level 105 (or was it 100?). Could have probably done it with just the mage. Can't remember why I didn't finish Anguish (probably wife came home). I find it interesting dinking around in old raid zones. Wish they would instance all the old raid zones, for just that reason.
  3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Many older raids have mechanics that require multiple people acting simultaneously...Dreadspire for instance.
  4. Cadira Augur

Most of the top end AG and FC raids can be done for 75, FC final requires classes that can cast fire ice disease and magic though.
    Solteris can be soloed but you probably need a necromancer for event 3. All of MMM and Crystallos should be solable, infact most of the SoF raids i think.

For SoD Tower raids might need 4 toons for event 4? the one with the torches. and a toon that can cast fire/ice for event 6. im sure many of them can be soloed/3 boxed too.
    Can do most of Convorteum with a couple toons, probably need 4 toons for event 6 though. A lot of the other UF raids might not work with one 3 box person but i dont have a lot of details.

Upper Floors in HoT should be solable, some of the others raids are probably fairly easy to 3 box as well but some are mechanic heavy and rough to box.

Might be hard trying to do much above that If i had to imagine.

As far as clickies im not an expert on what drops in some of these but I know Solteris has a few cool things and the HE clicky from Lethar should be easy enough. Might be others.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

When I got into boxing I started going through old raids to see how high I could get.

It got to be super annoying very fast. Way too many encounters with hard requirements on multi-person participation. Additionally many encounters have mechanics that impact a set # of people in the raid frequently. Ex: Every 24s 3 people get an AE explosion debuff or something. This is a fun mechanic that keeps a raid force on its toes when there are 40 people checking to see if they get the debuff and a headache when you have to handle the debuff on multiple characters each time.

I stopped after almost getting through https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3503

Would be interesting to see a list of semi-recent raids that have straight forward mechanics that make it similar in difficulty to a current expansion. I never raided so I don't know which ones to go for.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

I've soloed a lot of old raids. Anything that a lone paladin could handle and that offered unique items (e.g. Pureforge Rk III) that I wanted. A lot of raid content is dead because they have anti-solo mechanics and generic/obsolete gear. Most new raids have limited lifespans for the same reasons.

Probably the most silly event I've beaten was in SoD. Rathe Council Chambers Event #1: The Brothers Zek. What made it hilarious was that I was constantly summoned between Vallon and Tallon for the duration of the event. Once I refined my tactics, it took me something like 30 minutes to win at level 105. I did that raid 3 or 4 times, a few years ago, in order to get the Crystal of the Boneknitters when it's click became an item AA. It's still an example of a good raid event that has a long lifespan thanks to it's reward and uncoordinated mechanics.
    HoodenShuklak and Zynt like this.
  7. Chaosflux Augur

With the 3 you can do a good chunk of Underfoot, some HOT, NTOV dragons in ROF, Velishan in T2 ROF. VOA rough for 3, i did do the first Raid in Argath at 105.

I am on Miragul, and thats the stuff ive done, id assume you can do abit more at 110, maybe some COTF? WK1/Neriak? Depends.

Paladin Shaman Necro here