6 Characters - 1 Undecided

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Arias Fres, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Arias Fres New Member

Bard, Beastlord, Enchanter, Druid, Shaman.

He wants to tank as a Paladin, heal with a Cleric, or DPS as a Wizard or Magician.

I think we have enough healing with Druid and Shaman in most situations but he also likes the HP buffs the cleric provides.

The plan is to progress as a group and use charm tanks, pet tanks, or BST tank depending on the level and situation if he doesn't go Paladin.

We are also undecided on the server, half say TLP, half say Live, so if the server choice influences what class he should do then probably give multiple options, if any, for different servers.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Paladin >>>>> Mage > Wizard >>>>> Cleric imo.

A tank is by far the best choice to add to those 5 regardless of which server you are playing on. Cleric is not even a consideration for me here even though I love clerics. You just don't need 3 priest classes in the same group. Pally can cover your rezzing (or so can dru/shm depending what era you're playing in). That said, your group will not have any pure dps classes at all. Charm pets are great, but not always available. You have a lot of ability overlap going on with 4 classes that can slow, and 2 mezzers. It's not a very optimized setup, but it'll still be viable for most content that doesn't have difficult dps checks.

As for choosing mage vs. wizard, a lot of a wizard's potential utility is already covered in this group with the druid for ports/evacs. And if he did end up choosing one of these two casters, the addition of the mage pet would make the group a lot more viable since you would have no tank.
    Tucoh and Quatr like this.
  3. Roxas MM Augur

pally by a mile. with a pally tank in this group, you can have both the sham and druid dps a lot as well. the chanter will CC the lot so the pally wont take much damage. pally will also be able to stun the charm pet when it breaks before it eats the chanter for breakfast. without a plate tank, you can get through most of the early expansions np, but later on you will hurt.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

Plate tank for the 6th. CLR buffs can come from a cleric merc. I'd also consider swapping the BST or SHM with a MAG. I think if PAL drop the SHM and keep the BST. If SK or WAR drop the BST and keep the SHM.

Charm or pet tank are not comparable to a real plate tank, but if you don't want a plate tank, you can get by with it. But having all 3 priests with ENC and BRD in a pet tank is going to make things a bit sluggish at times. Plenty viable however if those are the classes you guys want.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Paladin. It's not close.

On a new TLP there are some considerations worth looking at with charm pets, but for general purpose EQ, a plate tank is necessary for a solid group.