2 Million Plat Bazaar Limit? About time to fix it?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tryal Anderror, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Tryal Anderror Journeyman

Does seem to be a problem on all Live servers, probably not Time Locked ones.

I think on any server the cost of most 'Ice Encrusted' gear exceeds 2 million as a common example.
    On Xegony the most common buy and sell chat is those items.

I guess I don't understand the hostility to it, inflation will always continue, so even if your server is just now hitting this limit, its just a matter of a little more time.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Before the bazaar everyone sold in general channel. When general channel got overloaded with constant sales spam then they added bazaar. Right now its just an annoyance, not a disruption. When it becomes an actual problem is when they will think about making the changes.

And no its not impossible. They already said its just hard and not worth it yet.
  3. Micker Augur

Pretty sure it has to do with the bits available for data in the software. Not sure exactly, but I remember that being the reason before. Not that they couldn't introduce a new currency or fix the code. I think they like kronos being more useful maybe?

Would be nice to be able to sell higher end items, without auctioning them only. Could even sell Krono on the traders.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

2 Kronos at $30 sounds like a lot, but people are buying the collectors editions of expansions for much more than $30. If you want a specific mount or illusion, then it is a much better value to buy the single item you want with Krono than to buy it by DBC heritage crate gambling.

I personally think that Krono and DBC undermine the RPG aspect of the MMO, so I don't participate, but I also don't have many of the mounts and illusions I want, so I understand why people go that route.
  5. Laronk Augur

I'd argue that FV is the only server with a real economy, there's a lot more opportunities for farming items and selling them in the market (if that's what you're into).

This is an issue on other servers too though, people end up not selling items because the baz value would be above 2 million and they don't want to sit in general chat selling it all day long (rare drop "chase" items would be an example)
  6. Warpeace Augur

I would disagree with people selling loot rights or entire raid chests on other live servers. Your underestimating peoples greed and can be thanked for DP allowing some boxing software.
    Qelil likes this.
  7. Tappin Augur

Again, people are asking for a change simply because they want to AFK and run whatever script they want. Just let DP make the change when they think it’s needed.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  8. Mazame Augur

upping the limit on the /baz will not change what go on in general chat. People that sell in general will still sell in general because they will want to get more then the baz limit no matter how high it is.
    GNOME_POWER, Qelil, Elyssanda and 2 others like this.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I say leave the limit alone this only affects raid type items and krono's if anything this will just drive the prices up.

Andarriel
  10. Micker Augur

Prices are what people will pay for an item. On FV, many items go for 3M+ easy, like newer raid gear etc.. Why does someone have to sit there an auction an item, instead of being able to use the bazaar and ask what they want for it? It would also make finding items much easier, you don't have to be on at the exact time the person is trying to sell it. Even for buyers, you could put buy lines for items that you are looking for, that will cost more than 2Mpp.
  11. Warpeace Augur

If they would only updated the game engine such 1st world problems would not exist.
    Micker likes this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If you don't want to stand aroudn selling stuff sell it for 2 mil in the bazaar.
  13. Micker Augur

It's not just selling stuff, it's buying stuff too. There would be a lot more raid gear for sale, that you would be able to buy and not have to be lucky and be on when someone is selling what you are looking for. There is inflation in EQ and 2M plat isn't what it was years ago. There is no reason, besides the technical issues of the code, that there should be a limit to the prices in the bazaar.
  14. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

For those who don't like the idea of > $2M items in the bazaar this problem is easily solved by not buying anything over $2M or not using the bazaar.
    I would suggest, at the very least, FV has the price cap raised or eliminated as it truly is a market based economy. A middle path that would allow for these jumbo sales but protect purists who hate it by keeping it on the true marketplace server.
  15. Duder Augur

Before addressing a limit I think time and resources would be better spent on addressing the /\/\Q traders. Make the bazaar offline trader only with a 24 hour lockout on updating prices.
    Leigo and Deux like this.
  16. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

24 hour price updates are good not sure they will implement offline only though. The 3rd party software you mentioned has killed the decent money I used to make in the bazaar. Days after days of no sales because people are using third party software to scan prices and lower theirs in certain increments. DB could stop this easily by tracking the price inquiries made by a character over a given period of time at regular intervals.
    EQ is getting close to jumping the shark when you have a community of players who want to play the right way and others who take advantage of the fair players with software to get a leg up. DB why are you tolerating this?
    Leigo and Duder like this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I disagree and think he helps prevent as much price inflation on regular Live servers.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Im from Fv and it would be a bad idea i do have a right to having a opinion!

Andarriel
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Elyssanda like this.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

What part of, "they can't do it without rewriting the entire code" is hard to get?

The game and its currency is based off a 32-bit integer, that makes a limit of 2,147,483,647. 1 plat is 1000 copper, which is why the limit is 2 million (and why you could edit your file to manually set something to a limit of 2.147 or whatever million).

Its not happening. And they have pretty pointedly had no interest in making any sort of conversion currency (like how nobles could have been if they weren't taxed, and were allowed to be selected as bazaar currency).
  20. Warpeace Augur

This would be the part they find hard to get:p.