What is Agnarr like these days?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DrumsOfWar, Jan 14, 2021.

1. DrumsOfWar New Member

I played from launch until shortly after velious dropped on that server. I have a level 60 epic cleric. Gear would be out of date of course.

I popped into PoK a few minutes ago and there were 33 people in zone. It is noon on Thursday so I would expect a pretty low population right now but 33 still seems really low.

Is there any reason to return to Agnarr?
  2. ayoforYayoh Augur

Sometimes i pop into Agnarr just on a whim and that's the general feel for me as well. There's going to be 10-18ish AFK in POK bank area and maybe 10 more throughout the world. There is the off chance I'm just unlucky each time and miss a peak hour I suppose. The main thing going on is sometimes a time pug gets hosted

on a side note I've been doing these since ragefire/lockjaw and agnarr had the most memorable drama and personalities during its prime. it was a circus every day and i loved it
  3. Protocol Dragon Defender

Ever been in an empty room? Like that.
    Pumpernickel and Lejaun like this.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

There are 2 or 3 raid guilds still active. Xeris is fairly active on the forums. You have to understand that a locked server thats like 3? years into its lock is not going to be super active outside of raids of static stuff.

That being said, I see a lot of people offering to help level new/returning people on Agnarr. Might want to try the discord as well.
  5. PipotheAFILADOR Journeyman

Peaks close to 200(accounts not players)

3 raid guilds still. The 2 US guilds raid at capacity. Again accounts not players.

Agnarr is a good spot if you love the era, dont mind boxing. Don't want to bat phone and never have your character fall behind if you have to take a break.

Agnarr is a bad spot if you want to lfg/play at lower levels with full groups and/or hate boxing.

Imo Agnarr will be a good landing spot until another locked server comes out. Then its pretty much dead.
  6. Xeris Augur

Agnarr is awesome. In the past month there's been an influx of new folks to the server and a 4th guild has popped up recently. It all depends what you're looking for though. If you're expecting 3 pics of lvl 40's people grinding Velks, you're not going to have fun.

If you love the POP era specifically and want to have fun playing with a super chill group of people, then Agnarr is a great place.
    • You're going to have to be proactive about finding groups and people to play with; you may not always find something right away, but you almost always can find something to do
    • You'll definitely want to join a guild
    • There are probably ~150-200 people on at peak times, now at midnight EST there's ~110 people in gen chat

What I'd tell anyone is, rather than figure out if its 'worth' playing on Agnarr, play on Agnarr. If you wanna play in POP forever, there's no better place. Also, the community is awesome.
    TigoalBitties and Herf like this.
  7. TLP Addict Augur

Yeah it's amazing what happens once all the assorted kronolord scum move onto a new TLP and leave behind a small population where reputation suddenly starts to matter again.
    Herf likes this.
  8. Fluid Augur

I'll echo it is a decent place as far as quality of people there, just a little thin. The boxing, well it is the two computers side by side style if you want to do it. The maximum level pretty much means you will never complete your Epic unless you join a guild. The other perks on a live server, like a vendor with Summoning Focus jewelry aren't there so it is tough to run a Magician/pet class. I don't think I could solo in Plane of Hate or get your Staff of Elemental Mastery ...

Easy mode would just join a guild. Understand that the guild well expect you to participate on the server a couple of days a week so it is a commitment.
    Herf likes this.
  9. Herf Augur

As people have said, Agnarr is a friendly place. Buffs are usually free in PoK and Temp + DS is routinely issued to lowbies to help them level.

The number of people in PoK isn't a good measure. Look at the number in general. It generally hovers around 90-130, depending on time of day and if it's a raid day. (I drop General when on raids.) Most people playing are off doing something, not sitting in PoK. The PoK people are either logged off for the night and sitting there for MGBs, or they're there DOING buffs :)

Yes Agnarr took a hit when Mangler opened, but as noted, most of the less pleasant players left Agnarr, and left it a nicer place. People on Agnarr help each other out more than you'll see in many other servers.

There are newbies on about a weekly basis, but admittedly for the first 30 lvls you'll have to work to find groups. However you'll get buffs in PoK that get you to 20 in a day. Lots and lots of people truebox, so two boxing will make your life easier if you care to do it.

Guild membership is HIGHLY recommended. Any guild. If you like soloing...Agnarr is less exciting, but there are people doing it and getting leveled up. The one word I'd use to describe the server is "Community" One player summed it up for me when he said "the server is my guild."

The basic spiel is this: if you're happy with PoP/LDoN/Ykesha era lock, and want all the time in the world to raise alts, do quests, get BIS loot, then you have a good chance of enjoying Agnarr.
  10. Herf Augur

Right, I've been on agnarr since the start and only recently found out there's an Agnarr discord channel. Although I haven't been to one, there are periodic open plat raids.
  11. Febb Augur

Agnarr hasn't changed much. He is still dark and broody. He is always storming around putting his fists up saying they are lightning and thunder.
    yepmetoo and Herf like this.
  12. TigoalBitties New Member

If you aren't sold with playing on Agnarr after this, than I dont know what will. Shoot, after reading it, I almost hopped back on my Enchanter and started playing him again. :D

One hell of a post Xeris.
  13. Panikker Elder

Just created a ranger ..if you see Aros please buff LOL
  14. Anklepoker New Member

If you have a level 60 and you want to come back, I'd say you are set! Especially with 4th of July bonus and a 25% pot you'll be getting 2x exp and probably hit 65 in a day in paw. I see plenty of people wanting 55+ for ldon.

Gear is irrelevant. Plenty of rots and low dkp items in potime nowadays, which is generally cleared in under 3 hours. Flagging is a non-issue and there is even going to be a backflagging run soon mid to late July.

Even if someone wanted to start a toon from scratch many classes could get up to speed just fine with buffs, fungi, ds, ds pots etc
    Herf likes this.
  15. Herf Augur

Agnarr had a population surge, then a loss, when TB and Mischief opened. So it's about back to where it was before they opened. I tried Mischief and found it a) utterly lacking in any feeling of community, b) too fast paced on unlocks.

Agnarr population is dependent on day and time. One raiding guild is on during the day (Euro time) and 2 or more are on afternoon to evening. Lots of us are working on boxed toons, epics for alts, and even starting a new toon of the same class we have, but on a different account, so we can experiment with different groups among our boxes. Most anyone will happily drop a box to let a new/returning 'live' person in.

I would say that you have to be somewhat aggressive when seeking groups. Sure, try in /General, etc. But if that fails go to zones you want to XP in, zone in, and ask in zone if there's any room (if there's a boxed group there they will probably make space for you.) Or start your own group; post that you're starting the group and ask for others to join with themselves or any alts they have at the needed lvl.

One other thing that happens on Agnarr. People retire mains and main switch to alts. This makes the classes active in the population more fluid.
  16. Anklepoker New Member

Also….VT is cleared weekly by like two guilds I think. Even Emp and Velious targets die frequently. So you don’t have to feel bad about missing those eras. Quite a few people box but it is by no means required to have fun and progress. As stated above, I expect Agnarr will do just fine until a new locked server opens if one ever does. Quite a few people here just don’t like fast unlocks and never ending gear treadmills. I like getting bis and having fun with it in era.
  17. Elskidor Augur

Played through LDoN and some after. Thought about returning but then Mischief happened. If they allow it I may transfer a couple characters to Mischief eventually... might just keep them. It's a fun era regardless but low population.