TBL for free to play?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Happee Daze, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Happee Daze New Member

I was wondering if TBL will be unlocked for free to play people? I thought it would open when CoV went live, like RoS did when ToV went live last year. I have not been able to find any information on TBL opening for free to plays. So will it unlock for free? If so when? Thank you!

Happee Daze
  2. Moege Augur

3. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

This has never been true. The dev post was a guess, not official policy.

TDS became free when EoK was released. (NO Level increase)
    TBM became free when RoS was released. (Level increase)
    EoK became free when TBL was released. (NO Level increase)
    RoS became free when ToV was released. (Level increase)
    TBL is now due to become free. (NO Level increase)

* There have been various delays on the unlocks but it still happens once every expansion cycle, going back 5+ years.

There have been threads about this in years past. People always claim we don't get a F2P unlock every time an expansion is released, and they are proven wrong every time.
    Quatr likes this.
  4. DruidCT Augur

RoS went free to play December 18, 2019 (with ToV)
    TBM, EOK went free to play February 20, 2019 (2 months after TBL)
    (you can see the patch notes for those dates to see the announcements)

So its hardly been consistent. Even skipping a year entirely.
    Quatr likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Regardless of the inconsistency the team has stated TBL wont go F2P until the next level raise.

Asking for consistency from one of the most inconsistent game companies is probably like looking for hairs on the palm of your hands.
    Nennius and Nolrog like this.
  6. Bobokin Augur

Why would FTP want to go to TBL anyway? Unless DBG revamps prestige, there isn't a heck of a lot to get there - except killed.
  7. KrakenReality Augur

So, they can pick up a subscription and play TBL for free without having to buy the newest expansion. After they get bored of TBL, they can cancel their subscription and have played new content with minimal investment. It’s perfect for a casual boxer that doesn’t want to pay too much, when they don’t play enough to get the value.