Test Update 01/12/2021 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 12, 2021.

1. EQ Dev Developer

January 12, 2021

*** Items ***

- Added tribute to the Item Display Window.
    - Corrected an issue where bandolier wouldn't allow you to swap between sets of lore equipped items that had a conflict with each other.
    - Journal of a Shadow Knight is now more lost.
    - Many illusion potions have had their spell descriptions adjusted to make more sense.
    - Kitlaa's War Whip is now Kitlaa's War Blade.
    - Scroll: Illusion: Hooded Othmir can now be traded as intended.
    - Adjusted the AC stats on Claws of Veeshan ranged items to the intended values.
    - Reduced the drop rate of Crystalized Restless Ore on basepop.
    - - Added Crystalized Restless Ore to Claws of Veeshan rare NPCs and mission treasure chests.
    - Changed the focus effect on Claws of Veeshan Shaman chest items to Roar Duration.
    - Added descriptive text to Skyshrine Dragon Brazier to indicate it teleports you to Cobalt Scar.
    - Fixed an issue with the Contract of the Othmir where it wouldn't remove itself from your inventory after being used.
    - Claws of Veeshan Ranger bows have had their click effects attached.
    - Zieri's Shawl of Compassion now has the correct rank of Myrmidon's Skill.
    - The Warforged Emblem currency no longer has a double-space in its name.
    - Ornate Restless Shield and Bow ornamentations will now fit in the correct items.
    - Fixed an issue where some collectibles said they were from a different zone than they actually were.
    - The Warrior's Velium Threaded Broadsword no longer has Sympathetic Vampiric Draw.
    - Fixed a typo in the book Of Moving Ice Volume 7 - Weapons.
    - Reactive Frozen Grommet, Complimentary Frozen Grommet, Reactive Velium Threaded Gem of Striking, Complimentary Velium Threaded Gem of Striking, Reactive Velium Threaded Gem of Devastation, and Complimentary Velium Threaded Gem of Devastation now fit in the appropriate items with the correct slots.
    - Fixed many weapon ornaments that had incorrect restrictions or item information text.
    - Changed the name of Knowm's Rod of Disempowerment to Mrtyu's Rod of Disempowerment.
    - Collection item achievement links should now work, and lore text should be more grammatically consistent.
    - Corrected the description for Velium Composite Scale.
    - Torment of Velious raid spells can now be found on Hrenvy Bloodyhand of East Wastes.
    - Claws of Veeshan raid spells will be available on Morton Stonebreaker of West Wastes after six months have passed from the launch of Claws of Veeshan.
    - Changed the Silver Spoon Ornament to work on bows exclusively.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Fixed a bug that would sometimes prevent players from zoning out of a dynamic zone.
    - The Conflagration Generals - Changed the filter for the zone-wide message that occur when a whorling wildfire is hit with the proper spell. The message will now be displayed through the Direct Damage (Others) filter.
    - Zlandicar Reborn (Mission) - Trash NPCs will not respawn within the event, and will no longer con higher than they should.
    - Aaryonar (Mission) - Fixed an issue that would leave the Echo debuffs on PCs when the event resets.
    - The Call (Mission) - Fixed an issue that prevented all of the golems from spawning. This prevented successful accomplishment of the Let Them Go achievement.
    - The Call (Mission) - The worried golem will now send PCs back up to access the rest of the tomb, if they wish.
    - The Crusaders (Mission) - Many of the spells used by the NPCs in this event now have a chance to be resisted. Those spells have had their damage slightly increased. Dramatically reduced the damage on Dismal Fury of the Shrine (Sussarak's breath weapon). Reduced the damage on the spell cast by the foyer guardians.
    - Aaryonar (Mission) - Fixed an issue that caused the Echo auras to despawn prematurely. Reduced the damage on the Intruder's Curse spell to be more reasonable. Fixed an issue that would cause the echo auras to fail to give their protective buffs. When the earthen orb is absorbed by the earthen echo, if there are no guardians to be destroyed, no message about destroying one will appear. Now only two orbs will spawn at a time. Racnar will no longer spawn in this event. Lastly, Aaryonar will not rejoin the fight until Grolik has been defeated.
    - "Sorry" text can now be spoken in /say to advance the text for Quincy Algernope's dialogue.
    - Churn the Axeman, Kargin the Archer, Corbin Blackwell, Dobbin Crossaxe, and Garadain Glacierbane will only give their rewards once at the end of the tenth ring war.
    - Boridain Glacierbane has gone home, as his services are not needed. Speak with Essedera to obtain the same services.
    - Defenders of the Tomb - The drakes will be much harder to avoid now, they are much more aware of their surroundings.
    - The Call (Raid) - Fixed an issue with achievement messaging talking about the wrong achievements. Vulak will now have his HP locked until all of the tomb guardians are killed. Eliminated a couple of exploits.
    - Restless Assault (Mission and Raid) - Huntmaster Grondo will no longer sometimes cast Frozen Feet immediately when engaged.
    - Eye of Zomm will no longer break the "Others' Things" Heroic Adventure when clicking on crystals to cause them to disappear.
    - Resolved an issue in the Tower of Rot where Scions would create a mega train when a player completes a specific step of the quest "Narius' Plan."

*** Spells ***

- We removed Mount Blessing Kala from all players. If you are on live, or a progression server that has reached Torment of Velious, you may re-click your mount to gain the buff again.
    - Corrected an issue where Quick Time could sometimes cause spells to become locked out.
    - Magician - Fixed several errors in Claws of Veeshan spell descriptions that create items.

*** NPCs ***

- Updated basepop NPCs in Sleeper's Tomb, Dragon Necropolis, Western Wastes, and Skyshrine raid so they will drop their rare loot, including the luck augment.
    - "The Overseer Reborn" is now correctly listed as a hunt target, instead of "The Captain of the Guard" for the hunter achievement "Hunter of The Sleeper's Tomb."
    - Resolved an issue where an NPC that is not a rare spawn was showing up as one.
    - Fixed an issue with necromancers in the Dragon Necropolis where they could see through invisibility.
    - Siren's in the Cobalt Scar no longer see through invisibility.
    - Adjusted the bats in the Dragon Necropolis to behave correctly when pathing near water.
    - The terror of the flying sharks of the Cobalt Scar has been resolved. Sharks now stay in the water where they belong...for now.

*** Mercenaries ***

- Several new ranks have been added to the following mercenary AAs:
    - - Improved Health
    - - Improved Mana
    - - Improved Melee Defense
    - - Improved Spell Resistance
    - - Furious Wrath
    - - Steadfast Resolve
    - - Subtle Magic
    - - Healing Acumen
    - - Subtle Strikes
    - - Rising Fury
    - - Silent Arcanum
    - - Mystic Destruction

*** Collections ***

- Fixed a typo in the component name "Don't be a Guppy" for the collection achievement "Cobalt Scar Scavenger."

*** Overseer ***

- Made a speculative fix to prevent Overseer quests from failing to start.
    - Added in a message reporting when an Overseer agent has recovered.
    - The Conflagrant Platinum in the Ring of Scale worker reward is limited to The Burning Lands like the rest of the items in that reward option.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- "Watcher Scots" is now correctly listed as the mission giver for the mission achievement "Hero of Dragon Necropolis"
    - Corrected an issue where /testcopy would fail if you had no items in the Dragon's Hoard.
    - Addressed a client crash when unloading models during the zoning or camping process.
    - Addressed a client crash when rendering text.
    - Fixed a client crash that could occur when failing to initialize chat windows.
    - Added diagnostics to help prevent future zone crashes.
    - The pet who leader command should once again be usable by all players to find out the leader of a targeted pet.
    - Fixed a bug where the help message from /lootnodrop was being displayed incorrectly.
    - Server select and the old login screens will now properly use your default browser when opening a web page.
    - Made a pathing pass on the Claws of Veeshan version of Temple of Veeshan.
    - Corrected typos in the Dwarf Heritage Crate: Dwarf Art Collector achievement.

*** UI ***

- Removed the no longer in use embedded browser window.
    - Fixed an issue that could occur if you tried to deposit an item in your Dragon's Hoard before it completely loaded.
    - Corrected an issue where Task Overlay options weren't loading and saving correctly.
    - The Dragon's Hoard will now automatically re-sort stackable items so that the partial stack will always be on the top or bottom (depending on which way you have the window sorted).
    - Replaced the item filter type 'Combinable' with 'Tradeskill' which should prove to be a more useful search type.
    - Added a help window to the Dragon's Hoard window.
    - Added tribute as a search option to the Find Item Window and Bazaar Window.
    - Fixed the text description for augments that require using a Perfected Augmentation Distiller to remove.
    - Added the Zone Guide connections between Cobalt Scar and Kael Drakkel.

- Changed -
    EQUI.xml
    EQUI_DragonHoardWnd.xml
    EQUI_HtmlWnd.xml
    Jhenna_BB, minimind, RPoo and 9 others like this.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Any fix for the frequent link deads in the cobalt scar zone?
  3. Wolfwoodd New Member

What's the deal with removing Mount Blessing Kala on Test? Are the devs just trolling that one annoying guy in gen chat (Highdamger?) that used to always ask for a griffon mount?

Because that would be pretty funny.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

5. Warpeace Augur

Some good stuff, however .....

No lag fix / Server stability stuff? FV is terrible during peak times and random throughout the rest of the day with how it will perform. FV is not the only server experiencing this issue, please investigate.

Paladin Alliance being looked into for possible changes?

Guess not, thanks
  6. Barton The Mischievous

Agreed. Looks like quite a bit of good stuff ,but the lag and server issues overshadow the good quite a bit.
    Svann2 likes this.
  7. Axxius Augur

- What about the base pop of Temple of Veeshan (Sontalak/Aaryonar) and Eastern Wastes (Defenders of the Tomb) raid instances?
    - What about Ulessa that's currently not on the Hunter of ST list but gives credit for killing another rare?
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

I checked this on test, both are showing correctly in the achievement.
    Axxius likes this.
  9. Derd Augur

Pretty sure they have stated before that back end fixes and general behind the curtain items worked on are almost never included as line items on these patch notes.
    minimind, Quatr and Yinla like this.
  10. Riou EQResource

People on a TLP were getting the buff way earlier then intended, normal server people just have to re click it after patch
  11. Quatr Augur

I think I recall patch notes which talked about it. However, there are at least two different types of stability/performance issues: issues caused by the application code which the development team is responsible for and issues caused by problems outside of the development team's control. It wouldn't be feasible to discuss the latter in patch notes.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

from Aug 19 patch notes
    Seems like that is the kind of information we are asking for here.
    Its not unusual to comment on these things in the patch notes.
  13. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

I am glad the Hooded Othmir scroll will be tradable! I inquired if it was intended.

I am now hoping my 'Fiendish Delights' click will get patched soon. :)
    Rondor likes this.
  14. Erebor New Member

I wonder if the beta testing reward will be released with this patch on Live?
  15. Vaeeldar Augur

So I've run Crusaders quite a few times since the patch and I still question who they are targeting this for. The spell damage alone pretty much require it to be a cleric main healing and even an optimize most tov t2 raid gear group these are not fast fights with a sk, brd, cleric - 3 ber about as high dps as you get.

I'm sure this will be tuned down in a month again so actual groupers can get done the content but Crusaders is no easier post patch and short of a lucky run I don't see a group geared team getting done this content.

Vulak is fairly balanced if tough for groupers. Zlandi is probably to easy but it is what it is. Aaryonar is just buggy as all hell (half the time you get only two orbs and not 4) so they needs to be corrected and maybe make it so the auras don't rotate but it's doable. Crusaders however remains by far the hardest mission and i'd argue no group geared team is regularly completing this mission - the spell damage is just too high.
    Vaft_Gnome and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  16. Triconix Augur

This just isn't true. As a raid group, the group missions can be cleared in under an hour with relative ease and my group never uses a primary cleric healer. It's normally a sham. War, sham, sk, bst, ranger, zerker, bard, monk are the primary 8 classes that are together at any time for these runs. Crusaders takes maybe 5 minutes at the most to burn through. It takes longer to zone over to Zlandicar than it does completing Crusaders. If you are struggling with this mission in raid gear there's something innately wrong with the group.

Yes, these missions will definitely be much more difficult in group gear so the damage of AEs should be tuned down, not up.
    Cailen and Coagagin like this.
  17. Vaeeldar Augur

Fair enough I wonder if the shaman could pull it off with a group geared team (less hp not an extra round or so for crits etc..) to be clear but the point is the AE damage is super high, especially post patch I'm not convinced it's at a level at all fair to groupers.

The missions are quick my comment on crusaders is they aren'teven try and burn the mission as a group team to try and get through the AE portion. It's not like it's just one dragon you are dealing with it.

Frankly the way the mission is tuned people might break the head against the wall until they get through on a lucky round and then never do it again. TO me that's the definition of a failed mission design.
    Vaft_Gnome and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  18. Derka Power Ranger

I'm guessing you didn't play through recent expansions like RoS or TBL when they launched. Similar situations where the missions were hard at first and then after a few patches they became easier for groupers. They will get tuned in eventually since that was the only way for people to get t3 group gear and type 5 augs.
  19. Vaeeldar Augur

I did i was also one of the group geared at the time who finsihed tbl, early in launch, such as cliffs boxing no issue. Same for ROS with EoE and um the cactus mission. There was mechanics to figure out and play with on those. There really isn't for crusaders - I honestly don't care for the mission design at all there isn't away to work around it or anything like that

Cactus, velks I'm not saying the dps check is good (mission design wise) but at least that gives options and ways to approach it. Frankly not sure what to tell people running through crusaders. I have no doubt it will be tuned down in a few months but the major difference is some progression was locked behind those mission(especially TBL) and people complained. I'm not convinced casuals will complain about this even though some classes should really want their upgraded spells.
  20. Angahran Augur

Any chance of doing the same for hotbars ?