Could We Please Implement Autogrant Merc AAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by menown, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Riou EQResource

Those are just new ranks you buy for 10 or 14 Merc AA each (?)
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

This feature would add value to Heroic toon purchases.
    Proximoe, minimind and Skuz like this.
  3. Biltene Kingslayer

Since some people have issues with autogrant, why not instead do the increased merc AA xp based on total number earned? Just like the first 4k AAs on PCs (if that's still a thing), have the first 100 AA or whatever number seems reasonable have super increased xp gain, and then go to regular xp rate. People could catch up and have relevant mercs more quickly.

Or not, just a thought.
    Tatanka, Kaenneth and Skuz like this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I have worked hard to get my Merc AA too yet I see no reason to be a jerk & say no to a catch up mechanic like autogrant also rewarding merc aa, these players need help to catch up, once they have they have to grind the current set of merc aa the same as everyone else, desiring intentional barriers to players catching up is just mean-spirited.
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Merc AA's from Overseer actually goes quite fast. When I started claiming them from Overseer I had around 150ish Merc AA's, I'm now at 852 spent. That took me maybe a month if that. I got everything maxed except the last 5 ranks of the 2 Caster Merc AA's (I never use that one anyways). It's by far the fastest way to earn them atm.

Adding auto-grant Merc AA's isn't a bad idea and I'm not against it but realistically, you can Max them out using Overseer way faster than they can/will implement it.
  6. The real Sandaormo Augur

I wouldn't be opposed to another toggle. Turning up Merc EXP turns down your regular and AA EXP.
    You decide where to put the EXP you earn.

Would help out those folks that are max max too lol
    Angahran and Metanis like this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I dont agree with autogrant aa's for mercs but im for actual more xp for them.

Andarriel
    Metanis and Mazame like this.
  8. minimind The Village Idiot

I'm OK with Merc AA autogrant. It helps people without a full/regular group or densely populated guild play with more fun and a bit fewer rezzes.

I say this as someone who already has (and uses) a maxed merc tank and keeps a maxed healer and melee DPS merc handy just in case.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Auto grant would encourage players to group with others. I'd also like to see normal AAs being able to be converted to merc AAs.
  10. Proximoe Elder

Between collection sets, Heroic tasks, and overseer you can have 200ish aa in a matter of a month or so. good base set of aa's for mercs. Its not going to be max done, but thats what exp and overseer are for
    Mazame likes this.
  11. smash Augur

Would say no to autogrant merc aa.

It is not necessary for the game, i is nice but not really needed when you group.
    The normal aa IS needed to play, so I understand autogrant is there.
    Mazame likes this.
  12. Tappin Augur

You do realize that attitudes like that turn people to use third party software. Then you go and complain about that. Having to level and gear up a something that was supposed to be a plug and play replacement for a missing group member was a giant contradiction to begin with.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

How exactly does being in favour of autogrant for Merc AA encourage the use of third party software?

Third party program usage has been rampant for a long time already and I would say that anything suggested by any player has a negligible effect on third party software use, even if it had any effect how would you even know?

Perfect example of a baseless & totally unprovable argument, but from what I gather that's a speciality of yours.

The irony, your throw an accusation of encouraging third party around for autogrant then contradict your own argument since autogrant for merc AA would actually partially address this last point.

Maybe read your own post before submitting.
    Mazame likes this.
  14. Captain Video Augur

What, exactly, are you going to autogrant? Merc AAs have never been tied to particular expansions. Once mercs are unlocked on a server, you can start grinding any/all AAs currently in the game. As soon as your toon hits 85, you can start to use the Overseer to grind merc AA much faster. I can understand the argument that a Heroic at 85 should start with a pool of merc AA to be allocated at the player's choice, but why ask devs to work on that when what we need a lot more are level 100+ Heroics??
    Mazame likes this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Wrong, as usual.

Merc AA are absolutely tied to particular expansions, what is missing is an indication on the AA page to show this.

You cannot get all of the Merc AA for level 105 until EoK unlocks on a TLP, what you think comes from playing on a live server environment where all expansion AA are unlocked already.
  16. Conq Augur

Merc's are the Devil.
    Conq
    Cadira likes this.
  17. Captain Video Augur

The last merc AA increase was in 2017 after EoK was launched, it was not tied to the expansion. The upcoming merc AA increase is not tied to CoV. If devs have tied the last boost to EoK unlock on TLPs, it's an artificial thing that never was the case on Live. I'm not posting about this in a TLP forum thread, and I don't have any 105 toons on a TLP, as you well know, so to me the TLP argument is moot.

Plus, you answer begs the question, what do you expect to be auto-granted? Points? Specific AAs? What you want your toons to be auto-granted may not be what I want. A thread with a specific proposal would be more productive than repeating the standing whine of "waaah, I don't want to have to grind it out, and I can't be bothered with the Overseer."
  18. kyong Augur

Can we have something that sets apart people who work on their toons more than others? Thankfully there are things like artisans prize, tears of alaris etc.
  19. Angahran Augur

Would be nice if there was a slider that let you split 'AA Exp' between your AAs and Merc AAs.

E.g. at one end it would be 100% your AA, 0% Merc AA.
    (Would actually be how it currently is, so the merc would be getting 'normal' AA Exp).

At the other end of the scale, whatever amount of Exp you had set to go to your AAs would actually be added to whatever the merc gets.
  20. smash Augur

yes, aa are coming when no level raise, and no merc aa when level raise