Selo Truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Pikollo Augur

There are still a bunch of unanswered questions. Such as will it become live as soon as it hits CoV? Or do we get a month of Selo CoV? Is it a switch they have to hit or does it go automatically? But the biggest issue is we aren't as naive as the guy talking about "keep truebox so we don't get bots". They won't pay to keep Selo stand alone even as a live server with 50 people here. It makes no sense to when they may as well merge it and make room for other TLP. The "Selo will become a live server when it reaches present era" is a vague response to its community that wants details. They monitor this post. They have for months since it was started. No one has stepped up and said anything. If they don't want to say anything then we will have to assume everything.

Selo has already had bot armies. Aradune has bot armies. Truebox does not block people that want to cheat. The only difference on current Selo and old Selo is the big time warpers/botters etc. have already farmed out the krono on Selo and have moved on so now you see less of it.
  2. Pikollo Augur

He post yesterday on an Aradune post.
  3. Barton The Mischievous

I agree there are still plenty of unanswered questions. Fairly certain that is SOP around here.
    I would not be willing to bet that they have been actively monitoring this post though. Seen it maybe looked at it maybe, monitor is a strong word. Especially after they released CoV and went on break.

Maybe if a few people were to start having polite conversations and questions about this on the Discord. Perhaps gently remind the Devs/Team that this will be an issue very soon one way or another.
    Best of luck to you all, well most of you. Not sure I can get behind team Keep Truebox. Imo it does not accomplish what they wanted it to do.
    EDIT: Spellling Errors
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Barton The Mischievous

Here I went and asked on Discord and got this response.

Per Dreamweaver

So it is still being discussed evidently
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Machen New Member

They kept other live servers around with 50 players for many, many years. I wouldn't assume they are going to do what makes sense to us.
    Barton likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's absolutely true, but then the server merge tech was broken a long time & was only recently made functional again recently - and even then it had some issues still.

I am very interested to hear what happens with Selo though since Phinigel will be very close behind it to hit live status, that the exact situation is still under discussion is a good thing but I hope we get a solid plan/decision soon.
    Barton likes this.
  7. FranktheBank Augur

Lmao. Dreamweaver literally posted in the discord like today or yesterday?
  8. dreamweaver Community Manager

I must have died. It's my ghost.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Skuz like this.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

I miss you dw. F Carl-bot =p
    Denyu and dreamweaver like this.
  10. Pikollo Augur

Don't quote me but I think someone mentioned they'd have to do something to make room for new TLP's. It kind of works out since TLP's would be announced in March and Selo is "live" in March. So merge Selo, clear up space, make new TLP.
  11. Machen New Member

Or, better yet, no new TLP for 2021.
    Lejaun likes this.
  12. FranktheBank Augur

Hard disagree. I want them to continue making money and fresh TLPs yearly has a proven track record.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Machen New Member

I do too. Scarcity is a sound marketing strategy. Taking a year off after five in a row might not be a bad thing financially.
    Lejaun likes this.
  14. Lejaun Augur

Yep, it would be nice for them to focus their manpower on the servers actually up instead of making yet another TLP.
  15. FranktheBank Augur

I mean, they literally doubled the numbers of servers they launch since Agnarr, so I'm gonna go with that being a better payout.

What? I assume you mean like support tickets or something, lack of a new server isn't going to magically make Aradune better or w/e.
  16. Lejaun Augur

Among other things, as well as enforcing bot rules and other things as well. Lack of a new server may not make Aradune and Rizlona be better, but it at least allows it to be more heavily populated and not have the few resources that are out there depleted even more.
  17. Machen New Member

And out of all those new servers, only two at any given time have had high pop. The rest are just waiting to finish out their run. Maybe it's time to experiment a bit and see if the two current high pop servers can stay high pop for another year with no new TLP? They haven't tried it since Ragefire launched. If it works, that might change their approach going forward a bit to be even more profitable.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Any news on the ongoing discussions?

Phinny is also absolutely waiting to hear on what happens to Selo so we know what to plan for, the longer this delay in news goes on the less time we have to plan the future for our guilds, if we start losing members to uncertainty that will be on you guys.
    People will jump servers or even leave the game rather than wait around all year to hear anything & the silence is pretty deafening right now.

This is an important time for all TLP, not just the ones hitting live in 2021 so how this gets handled will set the precedent / tone for years.

Or we can just carry on thinking this is us looking back at Darkpaw as we ruminate on how we are valued:

[IMG]
    Barton and KrakenReality like this.
  19. KrakenReality Augur

Yearly fresh TLPs are textbook scarcity.
  20. dreamweaver Community Manager

This would be a good place for a soon™. I don't have an exact date for you yet, but should have something to announce in the semi-near future.
    Skuz and Tweakfour17 like this.