Selo Truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

So..It's January now, the new expac is out...any updates Dream? =P
  2. Rakan New Member

It would make such a difference in the long term viability of TLP servers if truebox was removed at some point.

For players that dont play at peak EST it becomes really difficult to group let alone raid once the population takes even a moderate dip (usually in the level 70 era). Even just being on PST and trying to raid after dinner (8pm - 9 pm start times PST) is incredibly rare on any but the highest population servers and as you lose people there is no one new to replace them.

Being able to box an extra character to fill a hole when one appears can mean the difference between a guild surviving or dying.

By late in the level 70 era boxing was incredibly common even on live. Cant see any real reason it shouldnt be allowed on TLP once we progress to an era where contested content is uncommon and where groups and raids have started to suffer from population hits.
    Aneuren, Skuz and Tweakfour17 like this.
  3. DeseanJackson Augur

Please remove.
  4. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

I and many others chose to play Selo's for the ruleset, including truebox. Please don't change things at the whim of this vocal minority that can't decide what they want.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you're on Selo, then you're 1 of 5. And I've talked to all the other 4 and truebox shoulda been gone at DoDH-esque.
    ForumBoss and Skuz like this.
  6. ForumBoss Augur

Hooden is exaggerating, but not by much. I'd estimate 50ish regularly playing humans on the server. Of those, probably 45 are in my guild. I've not heard of a single person that wants truebox in game or in the guilds discord.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

Your sig indicated you play Mangler, also in a month Selo will hit Live, why would you want it to retain truebox? Someone's trollin
    Skuz likes this.
  8. FranktheBank Augur

We are the vocal majority. Literally the majority of the active server population, lol.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Pikollo Augur

Big difference between saying you want it, saying you don't, and not saying anything at all. We are at 26 pages and like 3-4 people? said they don't want it vs every other person posting.

We still got a good 10-15 active players. Of those the majority want it and the rest don't care either way. I can't imagine Faceless having a majority who did not want it.

Either way we are 2 expacs from live and IF they happened to be like "you guys are right. We are turning truebox off" I'd give them a big FU and to little to late.
  10. Barton The Mischievous

I'm confused.
    In the original(Feb 12) and updated(Feb22) announcements for Mangler and Selo's they put in and then clarified that once Selo's reached the "present era" it would become a "live server", people had questions about what that meant even then, in the Updated Announcement they added "standard live server".

Has there ever been anything posted by a Dev/DPG that anything else was going to happen?
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

What happens to the XP rate? What happens to the named spawn rate? Truebox? AOCs?

Those are the unanswered questions folks are wondering about. You can assume that the ruleset reverts to Live server rules or that the Selo ruleset stays intact but no one knows for sure.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think that the silence is the biggest clue we have that the discussion "might" still be ongoing.

Were the devs already 100% decided I think they would have already posted to say that Live server means exactly that & there will be no difference between an ex-TLP and a current live server.

Of course they already did say this, so perhaps to them this debate is entirely pointless as the decision was made already & posted about, so all we are arguing about is the desire for some final clarification.

However since a TLP making it to live status has not actually happened before and that in the intervening months the team's stance may have shifted I do think it still is an open question right now.
    Accipiter likes this.
  13. Barton The Mischievous

The Devs/Team can always change what happens, but I thought it was fairly clear.
    If you go by what was written in the announcement all the special stuff would go away. I am not sure why that is hard to understand with how, especially, the second announcement was changed and reworded and I quote.

"Selo is a Truebox server and, once the server catches up to the present era, will become a standard Live server."
    https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-selo-mangler-progression-server-update-20th-anniversary-2019

They even changed the wording specifically about what happens when it reaches the present era in the original announcement it said "live server" In the updated announcement they added the word "standard" so that it then read "standard live server"

What is the experience rate on a "standard live server"? Not Selo's Rate
    What is the named spawn rate on a "standard live server"? Not Selo's Rate
    Does a "standard live server" have truebox? No they Don't
    Does a "standard live server" have AoC. No they Don't

Could the Devs/Team Change their mind. Sure they do about a lot of things.

Maybe I am making assumptions but I seem to remember, people asking similar questions after the initial announcement and in the update the wording was changed, I'm old though, maybe I am misremembering
    Machen likes this.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

Might as well merge it with Fippy at that point.
  15. Barton The Mischievous

If it makes anybody feel better, I really hope I am wrong and they (Devs/Team) keep some of the rules and Selo's can be the new Progression Merger Server, I just find it hard to believe that all of the rules will stay the same, due to the issues it would cause. EDIT I am also trying to find the discussion/responses back between the initial announcement and then the updated one but searching this forum is a pita so i am having to do it the slow way
  16. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

Please keep true to your word and keep Truebox. No one wants this server to turn into a standard cheating server loaded with Mr. Robotos. Thanks Dev team keep up the great work!
  17. MarttinPH Augur

I don't think Dreamweaver works anymore. Hasn't posted in about three weeks now, while other people in the team have had many posts. Somewhat odd given the fact I think they are the CR representative or whatever the official title is.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

It's cute that you think Truebox is whats holding back the Mr Robotos on a server like Selo (or any other truebox server for that matter) =)
    Oscig and Skuz like this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Bad timing on your part. He posted yesterday.