Fixed Agro after rez or evac

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Kelset, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Kelset Elder

A specific character, Cracon - Bristlebane, is getting agro after being rezzed or after an evac. No one else in the group gets the agro, just the one character and it clears on a zone. It can happen across the zone and out of normal agro range. It is repeatable as it happens every time. Although it is specific to this character, it can create issues for other players by the trains it creates from mobs agro'd to the evac point.
    Skuz, Wulfhere, Laurana and 1 other person like this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Death and evac no longer permanently wipes aggro from spells/effects cast on mobs.

If Cracon has active spells on mobs after the rezz or evac lands, they will cause re-aggro on the next tick. And sometimes that can cause weird effects even if the mob is far away, especially in zones with known bad pathing.

You can blame parsing dot players for the change.
    Fenthen and Yinla like this.
  3. Kelset Elder

Maybe crippling slicer then because it happens when I'm not engaged. Thanks for the reply.
  4. niente Developer

Can you give an example DoT or spell that is causing re-aggro after a rez/evac? This should have been fixed previously.
  5. Kelset Elder

Thanks for the reply Niente. Fervent Audacity and Protest for Honor both do it. Re-agro after evac, rez or enchanter memblur effects. I can test more spells if you would like but can duplicate those. I sent a /bug in from Cracon-Bristlebane right after my FA test. Agro happens then clears if out of agro range, rinse/repeat until spell clears or zone.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  6. Laurana Augur

Interesting you post this. I've seen this happening too all through ToV and up to now. I play a Wizard and Paladin and it looks like you have a Paladin per the spells you list.

I too have found that when I use Exodus or Evacuate (Wizard AAs/spells), upon rezoning at the zone line, my Paladin will get agro again. This happened all the time in Tower of Frozen Shadows and I'd train the whole zone if I did not zone out. Zoning out clears the agro.

For niente, the spells that could be in question are all Paladin AA/spells:
    • Crippling Slicer (from belt slot proc)
    • Vanquish the Fallen (Class AA)
    • Fervent Audacity (spell)
    • Protest for Honor (spell)
    • Happened very frequently in Tower of Frozen Shadows (ToV) from evacing from pretty much any level to the zone in--notably from floors 5-7
  7. Lubianx Augur

Both of those spells that Kelset mentioned have an agro over time component.

They add agro on each tick. This is likely the reason for this
    Fenthen and minimind like this.
  8. Kelset Elder

Beacon of the Righteous AA and Hallowed Lodestar as well, both agro over time as Lubianx mentioned. Crippling Slicer did not appear to re-agro after 3 tries.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  9. Kelset Elder

I had to make a few apologies after evac'ing from the upper floors and killing people at the zone line. :/
  10. Duder Augur

It was fixed previously but it then broke DoT dmg and HoT heals after a death or fade or feign death so was reverted back to fix it.

How would crippling slicer reaggro? That isn't an effect over time spell.
  11. Kelset Elder

Just a general comment on this bug in the Tower of Frozen Shadow and the large trains to the zone in, not which effect triggered it.
    Duder likes this.
  12. Warpeace Augur

So, the belt slow is a no.
    Vanquish the fallen is also a no...its a nuke.

Its not just in tower but it is extremely noticeable there if you over pull then evac and don't just take the death.

The other two are hate over time spells and will re agro mobs if you take a rez or come back into the zone before they expire.
    Wulfhere and Duder like this.
  13. Wulfhere Augur

This is simple nuke and doesn't have this problem in my experience.
    These both exhibit the problem. Probably it's because they both have SPA 192 (hate over time). The silly thing is that these are not damage dots, so they aren't part of the DoT DPS parser lexicon of spells that prompted these zone breaking changes to begin with.

In my experience, straight debuffs don't have this problem, only spells that apply a detrimental effect per tick.
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

Stop using Damage Over Time and Aggro Over Time abilities on mobs if you have problems with it. As previously explained, the next server tick re-engages. This is the same thing as if you were a bard, cast a Chant of Flame song, and then fade. You're de-aggro for at most 5-6 seconds before you have aggro again. The debuffs don't fade from a mob when you zone.
  15. niente Developer

Anyone have an estimate for when this issue started occurring?
  16. Wulfhere Augur

TBL or earlier. Whenever the changes went in that allowed DoT casters accreditation for damage after they are rezzed from death. It's never really been fixed since then. There was some zone data changes done about 2-3 years ago (for efficiency) that seem related. Perhaps not all zones are equal when it comes to data storage and settings?

I know this problem was happening in EoK Chardok during TBL. My druid could evac and if either dots or paladin hate-over-time was on a mob, that mob re-aggro'd and even trained to succor spot. There are older forum posts about this problem from that time.
    Laurana, Yinla and Warpeace like this.
  17. Febb Augur

What patch was this in?
  18. Kelset Elder

19. Kelset Elder

Svann2 and Wulfhere like this.
  20. Wulfhere Augur

This is a patch that attempted to revert/fix the earlier changes that are causing the problems reported in this thread. It's possible that it fixed some, but not all, SPA culprits. Note it says "damage-over-time" and that's just SPA 0 with calc and duration fields.

We are also talking here about SPA 192 spells, and perhaps other SPA.