CoV Raid Item Vendor Cost - Is this for real?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rylak, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Cicelee Augur

I think a lot of players are expecting to be full raid TS by the end of the expansion cycle. I have not done the math, but I wonder if it is feasible to fully gear up 65 mains this way for this expansion. There has to be assumptions about increased currency and ores, as well as the feasibility of cleaning all nine raids each week. And that assumes you are a 100% attendance raider, which I think maybe half or two thirds of all raiders can say that?

I know for me I am planning on getting seven ores and then focusing on 15 luck non visibles for the remaining slots. And then any additional ores I get to replace vis/non vis would just become bonus.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I just had a radical idea!

How about they decrease the cost of tier 1 loot a lot, and unlock spells on the vendor too. we still get the same amount of coins: 10 the first quarter, 20 the second quarter, etc...
    and there is no chest at all, only coins and a vendor, that unlocks his wares as we progress.

That way we don't even have to manage dkp or loot, which leave time for even faster(or more) raiding. and saves us a lot of administrative hassle.

The only downside is that some people will miss the charm of bidding wars...and that alts won't get raidloot...
  3. Triconix Augur

Yes, with ease. Just chest loot alone, you will get enough ores to gear up roughly 50-55 people fully in TS armor if those people don't buy a single item from coins (assuming chest drops double after 6 months).

Between the months of just Sept through Nov, a player with a 100% RA will have acquired over 5,000 coins. Let's assume ores are the standard 35% higher price than a normal T1 item. That means in those 3 months you can buy just over 6 ores. Multiply that by 54 people and you get roughly 325 ores purchased by coins in those three months. If those players only buy orers with coins, that alleviates an additional 325 ores from chests which can fully gear 14 people. That's already 65-70 people that and that's not accounting for all the coins acquired between Jan and August.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Horrible idea, this would hurt guilds that have enough raiders on a given night where they have a full raid and people sitting. With the current system there is still a chance for the people who are outside of the raid to get something even though the had to sit due to a full raid.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Barton and Skuz like this.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Fair enough, I completely forgot about bidding from bench...:oops:
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It was devs decission last year to double the players had no say in this.

I just hope the the price increase doesn't mean they once again double the drops for T1 loot again at the 6 month mark.

Range, shoulders, gloves and boot anyone????? Even the damn alts didn't want them!
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

Are tantorlings a passive aggressive shot at customers? I'm canceling my account.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

And what about benchies?
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Though I feel the 54-person raid limit is bogus. I totally agree.
  10. smash Augur

The thing with this that it is hurting the lower guilds the most.

They might not be able to do T2 & T3 so long time for them to get a piece.
    Warpeace likes this.
  11. OldCa61 Augur

Is there a Link to Raid Vendor and items you can Purchase ?
    TIA
  12. OldCa61 Augur

NM, found it. Not lots of stuff IMHO.
  13. Slasher Augur

I miss the days of having to wait for your item to drop in a raid instead of using currency to never spend DKP on any item ever.

Currency was put in to get that rare item over time instead of waiting on the range in loot and it's turned into the way to gear why spend DKP by june you will have enough to buy enough ore for every slot.
  14. Eyashusa Lorekeeper

First off, let me get this out of the way. I was not a big fan of the changes during ToV that created loot pinata. I came up with a couple of justifications for it, but still not a fan. I did adjust to it and the changes I made generated more revenue for Daybreak.

Now here we are in CoV and yes the cost of gear on the vendor has increased. Though I did not check all the items, it looks like the cost has went up by 2.5 times.

*** Disclaimer ***
    Since we are only in T1 right now, it is unknown how much coin will drop from the T2 & T3 raids. It is also unknown if Ore will increase from 2 per chest to 4.

*** Analysis ***

I will use quick EQ math here.

Coin Starts at 10 and goes up by 10 every 90d from launch, to a maximum of 40.

Let’s say you only do Tantor 1 time during each of these coin tiers. You would earn 10,20,30,40 coin or 100 in total. Divide the 100 by 4 raids, and over the year you see each raid is worth 25 coins.
    We used to receive 10 coins per raid (Pre-ToV change) and now if you raid all year long you earn 25 coin per raid or 2.5x as much. For CoV item cost has also increased 2.5x, so it looks like we are back to where we started.

The problem with this imho is the buying opportunity cost penalty.

During the first 89d you can earn 10% of the total coin for the year. (Yes, I know we miss a month for the delayed raid start schedule)
    From 90d to 179d you can earn 20% of the total coin for the year.
    From 180d to 269d you can earn 30% of the total coin for the year.
    From 270d on you would earn 40% of the total coin for the year.

So coin is earned much slower compared to previous expansions, but the item cost has increased at the beginning.

I personally have a problem with this because my time is worth as much at the beginning of an xpac as it is right before the new xpac launches.

If this does not bother you, then ask yourself how you would feel if XP was structured this way, or heaven forbid your irl job only paid you 10% of your yearly wage in the first 3 months.

So, in the end a loot solution implemented for a TooLatePeople problem has instead turned into a Big Pile for those playing on live.

How will this affect me personally? I will have more time and spend less money on EQ.

My raider will get geared, but for me it is not worth it, to keep the alts gold all year if I am not playing them on raids. They will probably get a fair amount of gear to bag until the next xpac launches.

I hope this decision gets reviewed before it starts impacting people. Right now, we are 1w into the new raids, so no one has coin to buy anything either way. I can understand wanting to slow down the influx of raid gear into the game, but please look at reducing the penalty. Maybe go with a 75% cost increase this year and revisit before the next xpac?

Eya
    Swiss and Ssdar like this.
  15. smash Augur

Seems like time to you get first item will be around 17 weeks, where b4 you would get 1 each 9 week more or less and that would be an ore, this just a normal item, i guess with ore it will be longer
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

Hah. Yea guilds that rot loot to alts will have their alts fully geard before the mains!
  17. MiataDriver Augur

I did when I ran out of other things to do with the ToV currency...
    Svann2 likes this.
  18. Cicelee Augur

I only attended two of the three COV raids (thanks EQ for freezing and causing a full PC restart to miss Zlandicar) and was disappointed to see the majority of non ore and non spell loot go to apps and alts. And it seems like this scenario is consistent with many other guilds.

I just hope T2 and T3 is hard enough to require a guild gear check to contain some COV raid pieces to be successful. I also think players may need to rethink how they gear up, especially if you are a DKP guild where the top DKP player can loot the first dozen ores, then the next can loot a dozen, etx and you personally have a DKP between 55-65. You may not be looting an ore any time soon since those above are also saving DKP and not getting non ore loot until it is their turn to loot ores.

Guilds may also want/need to rethink ore distribution. Having a raider who attends every raid but cannot loot an ore until September may potentially cause issue with some. Also if you over gear a quarter of the guild and your weakest geared members keep dying in T3, may need them to loot some ores or non ore loot so they can survive...
  19. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

First ... guild method of loot distribution really has no place in this thread ... that's a guild choice and hopefully you are either (a) okay with it or (b) finding a new place.

If your guild is giving CoV raid gear to apps and alts right now, I would bet your guild is the only one doing this. THE T1 GEAR IS AN UPGRADE FOR MAINS. Since there are only 3 CoV raids now, you fill in your raid time with ToV raids ... which can go to apps and alts to your heart's content.

EQ devs can do many things ... but they cannot stop guilds and players from being suboptimal on gearing.
  20. Tappin Augur

People are asking for a change so they can go AFK and just run their scripts. I think if this really an issue, DP would probably correct it.