What ever happened to..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vixle, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Vixle New Member

I was wondering what ever happened to the site ( I believe was associated to Sony or Day break ) its been awhile lol

that showed all servers, and ranked the toons via hp / mana ect you could select the type
    to see how you ranked across your server, you could also see the gear they had
    and no is not magelo,

thank you

Vix
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

EQplayers. It was discontinued several years ago.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

EQ Players.

Was taken down prior to 2013
  4. Fabled_Orc_Pawn New Member

I just came back to live EQ today, as I wanted to explore the Swamp of No Hope.

I have a ranger on test, but that server wouldn't let my characters log in to zone (I did the right patch, i just got a disconnect message each time I tried to load character in to zone).

Fortunately I have an alternate ranger on a live account, but I can't remember which account or server. EQ Players would have been really useful for me to be able to quickly locate this toon. I've spent most of the afternoon so far trawling through every server on each of my old accounts. I could have hit level 40 on a fresh ranger by now(!)
  5. •Obss• Journeyman

I agree the site was pretty useful. Even a 1980's Packman arcade game machine displayed the high scores but we get nothing except the old LDON scoreboard!
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea i miss the eqplayers website also wish ldon leaderboard in game showed all servers be interesting to see where im at vs all servers lol.

Andarriel
  7. Phynster2 Journeyman

Eqplayers was shut down in 2012 after the huge SoE Hack. Either it was the way it was used to infiltrate and steal informations from thousands of players or it broke during the hack and they were never able to get it back work. Both were rumors that were floating around as EQP never came back online after the hack.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Aren't ridiculous rumors fun? Have any actual facts to back up your statement? If you're actually into facts and not ****, here's are two articles that describe the event in question.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_PlayStation_Network_outage

and

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-n...hacked-some-credit-card-info-taken-flna123509

EQPlayers had nothing to do with credit card info. which was the subject of the hack. It's non return was far more likely to be due to the cost of the service than some illusory raving about the hack. Having said that, I wish it would come back. Not holding my breath though.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore