POP Era Time raid parses

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Callan, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Callan New Member

Can any you guilds post your parses from phase 4+ Id like to see what classes parse when Rangers arent* discn.
  2. Moth New Member

Monks the answer is always monks
    Skuz likes this.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

I don't have numbers but I do know that on Agnarr, raid parses changed a lot as gear filled up. We're talking highly geared players to begin with, but over time knights start to tank more, and that let mages really go wild. You never saw mages parse much (in a raid guild) but I recall later on in a more mature Agnarr timeframe mages really got good fast when they didn't have to stress over aggro.

So I guess my answer is, look at the variables at play because the dynamics of EQ classes really evolve during pre POP to late POP. What a time to be alive...

Short answer is monks parse well because you usually get 7 to 9 of them and at least 1 or 2 will be informed enough to know when to mash their buttons. Wizards were always rarer, but did very well when played well, but they can also be played very poorly (i.e. you pull aggro and die).
  4. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Some of the LDoN spells that get added to the mages dps rotation really help to give them that boost they need to start topping parses for the remainder of PoP/ldon run on the TLP. I haven't played a mage since phinny though, but didn't their fire pets that start doing insane dmg with burnout frenzy get nerfed or are they still the same?
    Issk likes this.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

It's monks. Unless a knight is tanking, then sometimes wiz/mag can do work. If you are doing the bosses really fast (no downtime between) rogues can do well too.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Manafasto Augur

Rogues would do well if no one else pulls agro and causing one to die in a riposte =(. I would like to also add, when I raided as a rogue during pop we did not have one Ifir drop ever. If I remember right it was just I and maybe two other rogues raiding. We obtain the time trash daggers on our first PoT run. Rogues are subjected to being one if not the most gear dependent class in early EQ. Also, again when someone screws up agro a rogue has no time to react and die to quad riposte damage.
  7. PipotheAFILADOR Journeyman

8. Xeris Augur

Monks , Rog , Ranger , Wizard (a good one), Bst (a good one) pretty much hands down.

A non bis monk will be equivalent to or slightly higher than a bis ranger. A high end monk and rog, if they're both clocking all their buttons properly, will be roughly equivalent. Monks will generally edge out rogues because on MOTM mobs, backstabs are less reliable.

A really good Wizard can parse well, but that also requires the tanks to be good. Similarly, a bis beastlord can actually do very good DPS if they manage aggro properly.
  9. Fanelien New Member

In era as a Wizard on Mangler I was typically parsing at around position 2-5, most fights doing 90% of the big melee Monks. Rode the agro line pretty hard to do that, ressing Wizards was an ongoing joke. That's for fights other than Tallon Zek where the agro debuff is so limiting I could never manage more than mid table. But most fights I was still emptying my mana bar until l got more time geared.

But yeah Monks, Rogues, Wizards are the top of the charts in that era. Rangers blow everything away when they trueshot, but that's only once an hour. Beastlords have to be too careful until MoTM comes off, that pet is a blender and makes a ton of agro.
  10. Yasi Journeyman

As a BST it helps a ton using a none-stun component Pet Procc till later expansions. During Luclin/PoP there is i think a disase/poison procc without Stun - use that one if you have aggro issues.
  11. Boze TLP complaint factory

And throw 2x symphonic sabers on your pet ;)
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Rangers blow everyone out in any fight over a min in PoP. BiS Rangers beat monks when monks Disc and Rangers don't on any fight longer then like 2 mins.

An accurate ranking looks like this

30 Second burst fight
    Wizard that lands manaburn
    Bard with puretone and mana(no really)
    Monk
    Mage
    Necro that lands lifeburn
    Ranger
    Rogue

1-3min fight
    Ranger
    Monk
    Rogue
    Mage
    Wizard

Sustained DPS
    Ranger
    Rogue
    Monk
    Mage
    Wizard

When LDoN comes out Mages jump significantly in the 1-3min fight/sustained are only behind Rangers. Mages get a Massive DPS boost from the LDoN Pet Focus that drops from raids, it makes the water pet double backstab constantly and provides like a 40-50 DPS boost it's actually an insanely powerful item. Mages are also threat capped prior to LDoN, when Warriors get better proc augs it allows Mages to just go ham.
  13. ikarinokamii Elder

wrong. Listen to Xeris. we raid time every week, in era. we have a very large sample size.
  14. Machen New Member

The OP asked for parses, not opinions and conjecture.
    Barton likes this.
  15. Machen New Member

Even if you're right, the OP asked for parses.
  16. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

No offense bud but he's on the parse the person linked earlier. If hes bases his opinion of that i can see way he has no clue. The top ranger on those parses is doing less then i was doing in Luclin on Phinny. Rangers should be easily doing 400 DPS with basic gear and 470-500 DPS with BiS gear and 800+ during trueshot. The highest i parsed during that era was over 1300 on the Everfrost LDoN Golem Boss. There is simply no contest when it comes to DPS in that era on raids. Rangers are massively ahead of every other class.
  17. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

DPS of an individual is subject to the sum total of the raid. Quicker fights will result in higher DPS numbers due to better uptime of discs. DPS of single fights is a poor measurement. Combined parses of a couple bosses at a time is a much better indicator of true ranking. For all we know your guild waited 30minutes between bosses to always have discs.
  18. TLP Addict Augur

I enjoyed raiding time as a Wizard, I was competitive but not dominant, melee dps are just too braindead easy to gear and play and it takes a lot of effort to beat them with a caster, which makes it more rewarding IMO.
  19. Xeris Augur

The reason I'm on that parse is because that parse was from plat raid, which has a variety of chars and many undergeaded alts. Most people raid their main chars with their guilds. My SK is BIS so I bring him to play raids.

I'm not wrong- Agnarr literally raids potime every single week forever, we have hundreds of parses. I'm literally saying what the order is.

A bis ranger will NOT out dps a monk on a sustained fight unless he's using trueshot. The only reason a ranger will ever beat a monk or rog (with equivalent gear) is if they're using trueshot... Or the monks/rogs are afk.
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Every Ranger you've played with is bad then period.