CoV Raid Item Vendor Cost - Is this for real?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rylak, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Rylak Elder

So in preparation of raids dropping tomorrow, I went looking to confirm my planned gear upgrades. EQResource has always done a good job with the item data mining, so I figured item stats at this point are pretty well final.

https://cov.eqresource.com/raidvendor.php

Anyways, I was horrified to see that it appears that item cost for the raid vendor has gone significantly higher. I also see no nugget at this point, but I'm assuming this will get added at the highest price point (600+). Is this correct? If so, the ramifications of this change will be disastrous to the raid scene.

I ran the numbers, and if these costs are for real, then the outcome is quite alarming. Since most guilds don't chase lockouts, the numbers assume full clear of all available raid targets each week. As you can see, if we compare the new cost of non-TS items (510 coin - nominal) vs. the historical cost (208 coin - nominal) then for the first 6 months, we are effectively earning an average of 7.2 coins per event. This would be the period of time when T1&T2 unlock during Q1 @ 10 coin/event and T3 unlocks at the start of Q2 @ 20 coin/event. Projecting it over the full year when coin would move to 30 & 40 coin/event for the final 2 quarters, the average coin per raid over the full year only increases to 11.5 coin/event. Of course, at the 6 month point, raid chests would be expected to double their dropped loot.

CoV Raid Coin Analysis.jpg

I'll hold my opinion on this for now, but would like a Dev to confirm if this is indeed accurate. If it is, then a whole bunch of work has been done to basically get us back to where things were, with the caveat that the first 6 months are even more painful in terms of raid loot that can be expected. I really hope I'm wrong on this for the health of the game....
  2. Cicelee Augur

Guilds were gearing up their fifth alts due to the loot pinata that was TOV. I guess devs don't want fifth alts getting outfitted and have adjusted the costs accordingly...
    HoodenShuklak, Laronk and Issk like this.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Every fifth alt got gear because all the mains (and possibly raid alts if your guild uses them) could get nugget gear, either via chest drops or coins. So the regular T1 raid stuff wasn't needed so ... either you brought in alts or it rotted.

Higher costs do nothing for this, except maybe soak some of the T1 for the first few months. Once double loot kicks in (assuming it's the same as ToV), guilds will still be swimming in T1 stuff ... and either let it rot, or bring in alts.

I looked through the Beta forums and didn't find any discussion on this, although I swear there was one (might have been a question asked to Dev during our Dev raids though). Since no one is buying anything for the 6 weeks at the old cost, there's two patches to have it changed. It's a bad change and should be reverted back to "normal costs".

CoV will be an interesting expansion for raid guilds. We don't need another reason for folks to throw up their hands and say "This is stupid, I'm out of here." The aes on the raids themselves will do enough of that.
    Vumad and Skuz like this.
  4. Geko Elder

If DPG cares about revenue, this will not be how the vendor is set up.

During TOV I went from having 2 Gold accounts to having 6 Gold accounts due to the plethora of Raid Gear... If I cannot get my alt accounts raid gear ... There is no need for them to be Gold.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  5. Axxius Augur

Oh no, not the account cancellation threats! :eek:
    No matter what the devs do, there is always a 'paying customer' who is going to cancel multiple gold accounts over it.

A paying customer can't get what he wants, and so throws a tantrum.
    A paying customer gets what he wants and throws a tantrum.
  6. Tappin Augur

No one spends their hard earned DKP on T1 raid trash that will be obsolete by next expansions group gear. DP consistently tries to fix things that are broken by attempting to forcing people into their model.
    Skuz and Fenthen like this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

People complained that they got too much loot and currency in ToV and this is the result making it harder to get.
  8. Barbwarrior Augur

maybe no ts raid items for alts now?
  9. Geko Elder

I'm not saying I will quit the game ... I just see no reason to pay for accounts that aren't in raid gear. I 6 boxed for quite some time with only 2 accounts being gold (Warrior and my raid main). It really isn't a threat. They can do as they please, I'm indifferent ... I just won't pay for a bard / cleric / shaman that aren't in raid gear. They do just fine singing and healing as a free to play.
  10. Zolav Augur

Meh I don't see what is the big deal.

BRING ON THE RAIDS!!

Using words like.. Disastrous, ramifications and alarming is a tad... well maybe it is time for another hobby. LOL..

Raid gear should be worked for, something to be proud of. Not passed out like candy. You all are spoiled brats with your 10th alt raid geared lol.
    kammo, nitrocutter, Tegila and 3 others like this.
  11. Riou EQResource

I think the TS piece probably requires at least Aaryonar raid win (possibly more like the TBL t2 equivalent was)
  12. Celephane Augur

Could you perhaps cite one single example of this ever happening?
    Duder, Maedhros and Bigstomp like this.
  13. Act of Valor The Newest Member

It's Tappin you're talking to, so good luck
    Duder, Smokezz and Celephane like this.
  14. Tappin Augur

ToV T1 is only slightly better than CoV t3 group. And yes, people do not want T1 gear.
  15. Windance Augur

With the way luck you need to be able to have multiple drops in order to "fuse" luck. As long as luck is a thing and works that way they need to keep the loot drop rates up.

I suspect very few folks actually use the fuse options to max their luck, but ...
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Thraine Augur

your right, a lot of people re-activated accounts for ToV due to the overwhelming amount of loot .. also pay no mind to that wizard, hes very grumpy lol
  17. Tegila Augur

I would think you'd want your alts gdso they can use t3 group gear if it's so close to t1 raid gear of the prior expac. And your alts are currently in raid gear, no one's taking that away. There's an enormous difference between nonprestige group gear and top group gear, no as enormous between that top group gear and this t1" garbage" raid gear. Either you want your alts in the best gear possible and you get them t3 regardless of raid rot availability, or you're just making upexcuses to whine. And your math makes no sense. If you make 10-20 currency per raid, you make 10-20 currency per raid. None of this 7.1 stuff. If you later make 30-40 per raid you'll make 30-40, not 11.
  18. Tappin Augur

If you want to make comparisons from one expansion to another you need to normalize the data some how. That 30-40 per raid is not a usable number.
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

There is much more to gear than HEM. But then again, I wouldn't expect any in-depth comparisons to be made.
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is exactly what they were aiming for. In order to continue using said armor, those accounts have to remain gold status.
    Skuz likes this.