So Is ToV considered Live?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tweakfour17, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

/cale shows Selo and Phinny both hitting ToV in Feb and then nothing..would be nice if they would finally say what will happen then. Will they get 1 expac worth of time (1 month for selo and 3 months for Phinny) before becoming live? Or just go "live" that day? Its January, the expansion is out, let's get back to TLP =P
  2. Nolrog Augur

Then the in the appropriate timeline later, 12 weeks for Phinigel since TOV is a level expansion, Claws of Veeshan will open. That should be May 19th.

There are 2 kinds of people in this world:
    • Those who can extrapolate from incomplete information
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

That appears to be a quote from somewhere? And its not reflected in /cale which is why I asked.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Calendar is sometimes not fully updated
  5. MarttinPH Augur

Don't put too much heed into what he said. You asked a fair question. Unfortunately the person that updates the calendar works only part of the year, and sometimes they even forget to tell him what to put into the calendar.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Yeah, probably true but that quote was also news to me, have not seen that written anywhere. Where does it come from?
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Nolrog's noggin' I expect.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

If Selo hits live "status" then Jesus isn't the only one rising this Easter.
  9. Numiko Augur

Question is what happens to the servers when they do catch up to live?... no one has said anything official.

They do not have sufficient population to just be turned into normal servers.
    Population on Phinny is so small now the price of Krono's is actually falling because no one can find anyone who wants one.....

Guess we will find out in another couple months with Selo, they will catch up first.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nolrog made a logical conclusion following the pattern of prior expansion unlocks.

With no firm information from the devs on whether the TLP that make it to live status will bear any differences to live servers we should assume they won't have any, therefore:

AoC feature (if the server has it) will be switched off
    Any extra baseline XP the server has will be lowered down to live levels (100% or 1.0)
    Reduced lockout timers will be reverted to standard lockout timers
    Any increase to rare spawns will be reverted to live levels
    Truebox will be removed
    Free to play will be enabled
    Transfers from other live servers to the live status ex-TLP will be made possible (requires being added to a list manually by a dev as this is not an automated process)

After that point the "ex-TLP" will qualify as being just your ordinary Live server - whether any considerations are given to server merges are a separate issue & would follow after that.

The only server that might buck that trend could be Miragul, as I think they might choose to keep the "Heroic 85 start" that server has even when it hits live status, though it may require all access as a result.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

Yes, I think we have all been hoping for something a bit more formal than a logical conclusion especially since so much on TLP is not super logical.

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if some combination of
    and
    Causes Selo to get final tier before any live servers, we can make inferred guesses all we want, at this rate we'll just have to wait and see
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

WTB krono on Phinny. Paying $300k.

;)
  13. Pikollo Augur