Info Needed Cobalt Scar - Octave Camp ridiculous

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by zerowaphex, Jan 3, 2021.

1. zerowaphex New Member

The Octave camp in Cobalt scar is a nightmare. Mobs warp in and out of the water. Aggro is regularly gotten from mobs literally across the zone. You can be on top of a mob and hit it, then watch it path all through the castle.
    I know every game has bugs, but this is ridiculous.
    Yinla, Biggho, Barton and 1 other person like this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Never had any issue with this camp, either set up to one side on the slope just out of the water or behind the main building. Tank pulling, making sure not to pull from uneven heights or run too far ahead ... easy peazy.

All CoV zones have bad pathing. If you've found a specific spot (like ToFS 4th floor where you can stand next to an armor and it will run the other way to get you), then you should report it. But "nightmare" and "mobs warp" is pretty normal.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  3. zerowaphex New Member

cragzop: sorry if I misunderstood your post. Saying, well pathing is an issue in this game, belittles the problem mentioned. Comes across as virtue signalling, whether you meant it or not.
    So you are saying this spot is fine? While you might not have had any issues, it's obviously an issue as it's perpetually empty. Plus multiple have complained.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We need a specific /loc location.
  5. zerowaphex New Member

I don't use loc all that much, so I went to the camp and did /loc at all 4 corners
    North East 1752, 787
    North West 1736, 993
    South West 1560,966
    South East 1559. 779
  6. Febb Augur

Is this during primetime on a heavy populated raid guild server?
  7. Biggho Journeyman

Fish and neriads attack at the corners on the water-land-edge and then warp around or crisscross and train. They aggro through tiny bits of water on the rightside standing in front of the "castle" and that can get very dirty. On the right side back (from front view) fish aggro through the walls (reminds me in PoHate/TBM). The neriad in the water ways partly wobble to and fro and warp around in the whole zone (like switching from on spot far away into the current spot). Only small time frames are there to reach them with spells. Really annoying bugs but its always possible to say "this is no bug, its a feature". For a normal group this is sure a pretty "pita".
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

9. zerowaphex New Member

This happens at multiple times of day and night, even when server isn't overloaded. Biggho accurately describes a lot of it.
  10. zerowaphex New Member

Loc information was provided.