No Fix Planned <Bug> Guardians of the Dark Tower Reputation is not in the faction window.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by EternalNewb, Jan 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EternalNewb Journeyman

I was killing in Northwest Blightfire Moors. I noticed killing the "a watchtower guardian" gives the faction hit message to the reputation "Guardians of the Dark Tower", however there is no hyper link, and I did not find the name of the reputation in the "The Serpents Spine" tab.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Not a bug, it only includes factions of importance. Everything wont be in it, like CoV has no factions of importance so there's no CoV tab.
    Dythan likes this.
  3. EternalNewb Journeyman

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. There are many many many reputations/factions listed in the tabs that have no "importance" at all.

I also argue that you should define what you mean "of importance". A character that will never do DoN content will not find DoN important or useful. By that note, a bazaar mule wouldn't need any reputations, should we remove the faction window for that character entirely?
    With over 1,000 reputations, you can't possibly believe that every faction in the window is useful.

Some interesting examples:
    Some factions are max kos regardless of what you do or who you are: Akheva faction has a natural mod of -4000.

King Naythox Thex and Queen Cristanos Thex both have reputations named after themselves that neither of them use. Both are classic reputations but don't appear until Call of the Forsaken (I think), and even then they don't use that faction.

Luclin doesn't appear in her namesake expansion but a reputation exists for no reason.

What about factions that have no way to change nor importance at all?
    Citizens of Torsis a Kunark rep with noone on, nor any way to change at all.
    Taruun for Luclin
    Almost every reputation in Ykesha is either unchangeable with no known npcs on it, or effected by one of three npc kills.

This is a bugs forums. If you were to argue that the bug exists but it not a priority then you would have a valid argument. Developers need to know about all bugs, not just the ones that impactful.
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Asked and Answered. Not a Bug.

Take your self righteous indignation to another forum to discuss your opinion over what factions are important.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Many faction that have no way to improve are not included.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

[IMG]
  7. EternalNewb Journeyman

The response was "No Fix Planned", which does not mean their is no bug. I imagine subtlety is lost on you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.