In Progress EoK task "Others' Things"

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Buster_Shruggs, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Buster_Shruggs Augur

If you use Aspect of Zomm to click crystals( one of the possible task objectives) you will not get task credit and may not be able to finish the task.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

How is this a bug? Using game mechanics to skirt task objectives is not a bug. That's called an exploit.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

You used to be able to hail NPCs and interact with dialog text through Zomm, which was unintended. Zomm was fixed to not allow you to avoid having to be present for tasks/updates.
  4. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Using Aspect of Zomm to scout the area is not an exploit, I did click more than one crystal to see if it updated the task objective, which it did not. I reported it as a bug, because the crystal shouldn't disappear, it just shouldn't advance the task objective. Anyhow, thank you I_Love for the troll/response( I know being under Quarantine can bring out the trolliest in people) and thank you Soulbanshee for the constructive response/info.
  5. Prathun Developer

Yeah, using Zomm spells to interact with switches is pretty high on the list of things that we don't support and don't want to happen. (Whether the outcome is 'good' or 'bad')
    I'll create a ticket to track this issue. Thanks!
  6. Pip Developer

I am WELL aware of how long it took to finally resolve this issue but I wanted to update this thread to let you all know that I was able to look into this and get it resolved internally. Our QA will start hammering on it to make sure I didn't break it more, and you will see a fix soonish.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.
    Metanis, Raccoo, Moege and 2 others like this.