Iksar Warrior XP Loss

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xyphen, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Xyphen Maximum Augur

My (60) Iksar Warrior loses over 300% more xp per death than the rest of my characters and I can't figure out why. I've asked other friends who play Iksar (warrior)s and they don't have this issue.

I started raiding at 100% in 60. Two weeks later, my Iksar monk is at 99% and my Iksar warrior is at 23%. It's almost like he's taking 20% rezzes every death.

But I've never taken anything less than a 96% rez. Is there any logical reason for this?
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Never heard of this happening to any Iksar Warrior but you, I have a level 100 Iksar warrior myself & have never seen this, admittedly I have not played him in around 9 weeks.

Maybe you are just dying a lot more on your warrior.
  3. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

Look at both characters current xp then take a death intentionally. See if there's any difference in the loss, get a rez and see if there's any difference in resurrection refund.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  4. ForumBoss Augur

I seem to remember xp loss being super high at 60 too, then decreasing in pop. I'm suspecting what others said, a high death rate on warrior coupled with large xp loss.
  5. Karhar Dream Crusher

How many times has the warrior died over the monk? parse that and see how much of a difference it is.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Even though they removed "hell" levels, some levels still have a very high death penalty vs others, I think at 75 it was almost 10% also whereas most levels its like 4.5.
  7. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Ran some tests with Iksar Warrior, Barbarian Warrior and Iksar Monk and everything came out equal. Each one lost 0.678% on death after 96% rez. XP gain per mob was the same as well @ +0.166%. Iksar warrior is the MT and dies 30% more.

What I did find is that occasionally he'd lose 1.356%, twice as much, when accepting combat rezzes (96% revive before zoning). I've only logged those results in ToV DZ. Not sure if that's caused by running out of sync with server ticks, taking the rez too fast, or what.
  8. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

well thats weird
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Based on your findings I recommend dying less on the warrior.
    Zynt, Ezra, Beimeith and 4 others like this.
  10. Xyphen Maximum Augur

From my scientific analysis, I've concluded:
    1. Death, no matter what, never yields positive experience. I do not recommend dying as a leveling strategy.
    2. Hit points at or below zero leads to experience loss
    3. 96% != 100%
    4. Sometimes I get critical deaths. I die hard, with a vengeance.
    minimind likes this.
  11. Nolrog Augur

Are you sure you are getting the 96% rez and not a 93% battle rez from a necro?? Druids and pallies can also rez 90% in some cases.
  12. Lejaun Augur

Sounds like you aren't understanding the number of times you are dying and/or what % of rez you get. Iksar warriors die with the same amount of XP loss as everybody else.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Yeah. I control the raid and only my clerics rez via epic.

Sounds like you didn't read my last post.
  14. Lejaun Augur

I read it. What I and others have said is the correct answer. Iksar warriors lose the same amount of XP as everyone else.
  15. Trox2010 Augur

Could it be that parts of him are being cut off and eaten by the dragons and their minions, so that is unable able to be be rezzed of course (that would just be weird). So you just have to wait for it to grow back naturally.

And I will also have to partially disagree with this statement:

[
    Hit points at zero does not cause XP loss; you actually have an extra 10 HP on the backend of zero as a small buffer before XP loss occurs. Just wanted to point that out so that your scientific analysis would be factually correct.

:)
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

He's an iksar, maybe he sheds his tail to try and get away and it just doesn't work so that part can't be rezzed... :D
  17. Xyphen Maximum Augur

In my post, I said...

[...] Iksar Warrior, Barbarian Warrior and Iksar Monk and everything came out equal. Each one lost 0.678% on death after 96% rez. XP gain per mob was the same as well @ +0.166%.

Does that make sense how when I said everything was equal that it's the same as someone else saying everything was equal and how it can be implied that you didn't read my post when you say I don't understand XP loss being equal when I literally said everything was equal?

You didn't read it.
  18. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Wouldn't that imply that when that server-side XP buffer=0 that you're dead?
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

1. You're not doing it right.
    2. You need more Delay Death AA!
  20. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Looks like I'll keep dying until Omens