Chars lvl 101-106 getting 1-shot even without aggro

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kumudil, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Kumudil Journeyman

Already during ToV we had 2 returning players who, once reached lvl 101, got serveral times an afternoon one-shot-killed even at full hp and without any aggro beeing with our main group.
    Actually we are lucky to have another returning player in the guild, who today reached lvl 101.
    Less than 10 mobs in lvl 101, he got 1-shot. We told him, he migth need to stay invis and avoid any action for the next 5 lvls.

My conclusion is, that chars in this lvl-range may bee seen as "low hp" compared to the averange hp-amount in the group, and therfor selected to be killed at first, even wehn attempting to avoid any aggro.

For those lvl 115 near max aa its maybe fun the first or second time, for the retrunee attempting to catch up, it gets lame after beeing killed serveral times. Would be nice, if something can be done about this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Need to list what you are fighting, ToV AE will take out a player that low especially if not geared up. You don't have to be on aggro to get hit with AEs.
  3. Drunkenlion55u New Member

But ToV is an expansion designed around 110-115 so what do you expect ?
    those under 105 won't even have gear with 3k base hp stats per slot

EoK and RoS might be better suited for those 101-106
    Duder likes this.
  4. Kumudil Journeyman

These chars get one-rounded by melee-hits on mobs inc, even with shd pulling with aggro-dot.
    Doesn't matter which mobs are fighthed.
    My feeling is: as long as puller/tank has hight aggro, and chars in camp are full hp and take no action, the mobs incoming should not attack the char with lower aggro. From lvl 95 to lvl 100 + 99% everything is, as I would expect. As soon as the char get's lvl 101 and up to 106, where he can wear conflagrant, every once a while a mob decides to kill this char, ignoring the values of aggro of all chars.

My guess is, that sometimes low-hp aggro is not based on one-chars %hp, as I understand it should be, but by the difference in absolute hp of the chars in group.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

With all the funky changes I have seen in this game over the years you may have a plausible working theory there.

If your tank is on 400k HP or so & your PL'ees are at 100k they are 25% of the Tanks hitpoints, may not be as strange as it sounds at first look. In any case this should be something that can be easily QA tested to see if it can be reproduced.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Perhaps their faction suks. Just like in Oceangreen Hills long ago that Brown Bear Den Mother didn't give a hoot about your anything lol - if you were on her bad side then you died

She would even charge into group when we were not fighting and take out my pally all the time
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

You are sure it is melee, are they eating rampage? Are the characters sitting when the mob is pulled in? You need to say what zone and what mobs, there are lots of mechanics where characters can take damage.
  8. Kumudil Journeyman

Is it really that hard to understand, what I try to explain?
    The very same char at the very same mobs has no problems at all, as long as he is lower in level than 101. So from lvl 95 to Level 100 + 99% into 101 he is never attacked. Once reached lvl 101 the same type of mobs decide once a while to kill the char, no matter if the char does anything or not. Just the matter that he is grouped with 5 lvl 115 chars is reason enought.

This happened in the past in Eastern Wastes, Great Divide and Velks Labyrint.
    Today it happened in Western Wastes.
  9. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Most ToV and CoV MOBs rampage ALOT. This has to be the issue.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I have not been able to reproduce this. My lvl 101 stands there, double invis. Has been fine for 30 mobs or so.
  11. Duder Augur

Undead aggro, try it with live mobs, like orcs in Rygorr Mines, doubt it will happen.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

I dont see that he said anything about double invis, so maybe that observation doesnt really apply.
    Yinla and Duder like this.
  13. Kumudil Journeyman

With double invis they are safe. But most returning player like to contribute what's possible instead of beeing damned to just staying around invised.
    Thats my main issue: you got a returning player trying to catch up and have to tell him, that he has to stay around invised for the next 5 levels, if he doesn't want to die multiple times per session. If that was me, it wouldn't add much fun and motivation to stay.
  14. Kumudil Journeyman

How do you deem this possible, when same char at lower lvls at same mobs never die?