BST next month what is a good Trio?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arctodus, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Arctodus Elder

Hello,

I love playing a BST, what would be the best trio to level up and can't AAs with? I understand BST are a tad weak until PoP. Currently have well geared SK/Monk/Sha. I was thinking of these trips below...

BST/Mag/Dru
    BST/Pal/Dru

Also would BST/Monk/Dru do Ok?
  2. TLP Addict Augur

BST/BRD/DRU
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Manafasto Augur

Would the bard just be their for buffs, the optional charm/cc, travel song, and in later expansions to pull? Some say a bard is easy to box is this true?
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Shd/Bst/Dru - Slowest paced - good for harder-hitting stuff if you plan on farming a lot of named for gear.

Bst/Brd/Dru - intermediate paced - good for regular robs & some easier named

Bst/Mag/Brd - Fastest paced - good for XP grinding off regular mobs not too good for harder hitting named with no dedicated healer
  5. Fluid Augur

How are you going to team them at your end point? I mean this is just for leveling up to max and then mix and match characters depending on targets?

If it is a new team to develop together, what you do is bring out your ~level 60ish<?> characters to buff at least one and preferably three characters. Just guessing, that would mean your high level Shaman buffs two of your level 1+ starting team. It's not optimum in that I find a Shaman better at DOTs and debuffs in an active role on a team then as a buff monkey. Still, it would be nails for 40 levels. You could pretty much do everything appropriate level wise. Just make sure you have the characters that will benefit most from the Shaman spells on the other two accounts. By that I mean if you run a Bard, what with Selo's you won't need the Shaman to SoW them so have the Bard on the same account as the Shaman.

There's several character types that are easier to do this with, none of which you have developed. :) You really want a high level character capable of casting a damage shield in the mix. You could do it with Alchemy/Shaman damage shields. Much easier to do it with [Druid, Magician, Enchanter] of course. Even a Ranger works well for buffing low level characters after the Ranger is ~50ish.

Also hit the low level characters with the Shaman hit point regeneration spells. At low levels, for single pulls they will actually regenerate hit points as fast as MOBs take them.

One of the best strategies I have found is a high level character with a damage shield leveling up other characters by just being a damage sponge. In your case you would probably be best off with the Shaman standing there with a damage shield tabbed out of combat while MOBs beat on them. The two low level characters in game would wait until the MOB was ~20% health and then finish it off. The odd character out, would then switch out with the Shaman to catch up. You are still limited by game mechanics in that you can't really damage a MOB >~5-7 levels higher then your current level. Still, it is routine to get close to 5% of a level per kill at the lower levels i.e. ~20 kills per level vs 40-100.
  6. Nolrog Augur

I play BST (raid geared) /Druid/Ranger with a friend that also plays a ranger (raid geared), two healer mercs. We can do most partisan/merc quests and Heroic Adventures (up through Ring of Scale so far but with the exception of Underfoot). Where we struggle without a pure tank is in the regular group missions.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Arctodus Elder

Thank you all for your feedback, is their an ideal trio for a BST? I mainly want to main a BST. Is their a combo that would work best with a BST? Just for giggles would a BST/Mag/Necro work? Again, thanks for all the feedback. I mainly want to focus on being able to level smoothly at a good rate and farm AA's.
  8. Torrok Journeyman

Cleric would be better than a Druid. Much stronger heals we get into the later expansions

Beast/Cleric Then the 3rd could be about any class. Enchanter would be the really strong. You might also want to level up a class for raids. Can never have enough monks for dps or maybe a warrior/knight if your guild is low on tanks
  9. Boze TLP complaint factory

It'd definitely work, and it'd be a fun trio with all the necro group hp/mana/buff tap weirdness. You'll struggle on nameds, especially until pet AAs really start getting powerful which starts in GoD IIRC. Expect to have either the beastlord (the toon itself, not the pet) and/or the mage pet be your primary tank until ~TSS; bst pet mitigation and avoidance lags behind mages.
  10. FranktheBank Augur

Bst + Brd +dru/clr is gonna be the best for all around stuff. The problem you are gonna face is when you need to do things that require a real tank, which isnt very much, but it can be annoying.

Sk + bst + clr is gonna allow you to do a wider range of content, just slower.
    code-zero and Steincrew_RG3 like this.
  11. Silver-Crow Augur

Bear in mind that bard song will not stick to your pets until the relevant aa's come out to allow group buffs to hit pets.

That makes bards a weakish choice till then.
    you could look at chanter, bst, druid till then, and then swap the chanter out for a bard later once the chanter charms start being less useful.
  12. Moranis Augur

In general, a beastlord can act as tank or DPS - they both have ups and downs.

Within your current trio, I would just swap out the monk for the BL and go nuts.

Within the confines of the two possible combos you show, I would go with the BST / PAL / DRU - but that's only because I like having a non-pet tank. The other trio works fine.

If I had to pick the best trio for a BL from scratch, I would say BST / SK / DRU covers all the important bases for me - although I'm not crazy about BLs to begin with.
  13. Lejaun Augur

Do you recall what expansion that is (bard songs affecting pet) ?
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

Its GoD, requires the pet owner to have Companion's Suspension rank 3.
    Lejaun likes this.
  15. Roxas MM Augur

me, a wood elf girl and a dark elf hottie. :D
    Yonson likes this.
  16. Megazen Elder

BL is a tough class to box well, because it's a very busy class. If you're actually going to get the most out of your BL, you're going to need other classes that don't take much attention. The other thing about BL, is that it's a tremendous mana hog if you are really using it to it's fullest. For both of those reasons it's hard to argue with bard as one of the classes. Bard can be 100% afk melody bot, as their DPS is negligible.

I personally would add Druid as the third class, as Druid is impossible to get around in terms of the value you get out of one character slot. Heals, ports, alone is enough to make it worthwhile, they also have decent DPS that can be macroed. Bard/Druid would only take up maybe 5% of time on each pull, you just have to hit the druids macro for snare/dots, and spot heal. If you want to bother, you can have the bard on /follow, and tab over to it for /assist. It's very easy to position a 2nd melee on follow.

Now, as far as the "best" trio with a BL, i.e. the one that would allow you to do the most possible content, it's probably SK/BST/Cleric or Druid.

There are a lot of variables here, depending on mercs or not, and what your goals are. If you just want to go through leveling content, and have a fun trio, BST/BARD/DRU is incredibly easy to pilot, and pretty effective. This trio is laughably good with mercs especially.

Trying to pilot an SK and a BL at the same time is very hectic, as they are both very busy classes. It may seem fun at first, but by the time you are on about mob #10923809230923 in your grinding, it gets very old to have multiple busy classes on a box team.
  17. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

This looks solid. I personally wouldn't want to play without a real tank.
  18. Zadok New Member

Can someone please tell me the date Luclin unlocks on Rizlona?
  19. Fluid Augur

02-03-21
  20. Lejaun Augur

If the link posted isn't working for you (posted above this), the release date for Luclin is Feb 3rd.