Thank you Team! Gnome Memorial Mountain

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gorgol the Ogre, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Gorgol the Ogre Elder

Fallfyres, snailish, Khaliss and 5 others like this.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

It looks pretty awesome and I am happy to see there will be multiple options for players to work through. I just hope the group content is not over tuned is all. Overall I have really enjoyed the anniversary content throughout the years and its probably my favorite time of year in Norrath due to the unique quests and missions available to the players. Thanks for all the hard work that allows us to continue to play this amazing game.
    snailish and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Deillusional Augur

Is this going to be permament or time limited?
    snailish and Fanra like this.
  4. Prathun Developer

Gnome Memorial Mountain is not time-limited. It will stick around after the 20th Anniversary events have ended.
    Skuz, Deillusional, Mukkul and 30 others like this.
  5. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

while you're in the sharing mood will gmm raids grant a special currency or the current TBL? ;)
  6. Pirlo Augur

Sweet! A permanent zone.

You can't get rid of us gnomes that easily! :)
    #moargnomes
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  7. Ssdar Augur

Maedhros likes this.
  8. Protagonist Tank

You missed the relevance of the word "memorial"
    Brohg likes this.
  9. beeroke New Member

Thanks for this, as a 20 year player I love the anniversaries .

BTW Prathun , will the raids be permanent too?

Happy anniversary EQ.

:)
    Fallfyres likes this.
  10. Prathun Developer

Yes, the raids and everything else in the zone are meant to be permanent.
    Happy 20th anniversary!
    Skuz, Deillusional, Drpeppa and 12 others like this.
  11. Aurastrider Augur

A huge thank you and I mean it. A year ago I was starting to have some doubts after all of the HA changes and such which did not set well with a lot of your casual players who would use them just to stay current on levels and AA's. While I still think having easy content to keep up on this stuff is important throwing me out of the dead hills opened up a lot of content that I had been neglecting and has made my limited playing time more enjoyable. Knowing that these zones will be available to us casuals is great news because it means we can realistically progress through it at our own pace without having to wait a year or two in order to complete it due to its limited availability. Happy 20th to you and the team and thank you once again for keeping this awesome game going that we all love so much.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  12. Gr8fuldave Augur

I'm a returning player after about 2 or 3 year hiatus. I have a box crew of 108 SK, 108 Druid, 108 Mage and 107 Enc.
    I'm looking for a new place to level up to 115 and get caught up on AAs/gear. I'm currently in EoK raid gear on most of the toons.

Is GMM a good place for me at this stage in my EQ life? If so, are there certain quests/partisan tasks/missions that yeild better than average XP?

Thanks for the input!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. code-zero Augur

GMM might be rough right at first but it's a great place to do what you want
  14. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

That should be good for GMM. I would say level up there to 110-111 and then switch to working on ToV progression if you can, although ToV might be a little hard with EoK gear.

I don't think the quests in there gave much additional xp if any. There is a Group Mission you can run in there that would probably be decent XP, there's also a nice aug that can drop from a named that only spawns in the mission as well.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

People used to take the mission The Darkness Howls and just clear the zone (orc mobs) for xp but not finish the quest, then repeat. Try that. One spot can be tricky to pull but give it some thought.
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea what i did back in the day when running lotd for my alts worked well.

Andarriel
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The one tricky pull spot they changed dramatically back when they were revamping the levels and mob difficulty for the HA. The HA is closer to what the static zone is now in regard to mob difficulty, but mobs you're supposed to kill are spread out more to remove the pulling issue, but not necessarily all that better.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah they changed that after it was locked to TBL & revamped the difficulty, I did that on Phinny when we first had it available & recall vividly the full set of orc climbers on the walkway which was horrible due to LoS issues / invisible walls & them all being packed into a very small area, trying it today it is way way better now.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

That spot was honestly not that hard to pull for monks, just a little patience and proper timing on when to do the AE memblur Mez monks have. I'm sure Bards and Enchanters could similarly pull it. Then most other people before the change would move onto it as soon as they finished the previous step leaving the extra mob, just so they could peel off and kill mobs as they pathed up, to make the pulling situation more manageable. The whole thing is a lot more difficult now since they are spread over 3 different areas with one being separated but a ramp, but less difficult for those who just go in and grind up 2-3 mobs at a time.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

I preferred GMM before the change. It was a large group at that time but I could press buttons for that.
    Once they changed it to spread them out some it was a little more annoying.