Casting time. Tribute: Power of Alacrity & Arch AA: Spell Casting Deftness

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Mookus, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Mookus Augur

The aa doesn't work on spells that are already less than 3secs casting. And it lowers whatever it does work on by 50%. Doing 'inspect' on the ethereal brand says 3.75sec (1.875secs). Claw is 3secs (1.5secs).

According to the inspect on spells.. the tribute spellhaste power of alacrity doesn't have any effect on casting time afterall. The spells have the same labels. My logs don't do decimal seconds so I cant really tell if it does have an effect but just not show in the spell inspect.

Or is it as I fear, that spellhaste is capped at 50% no matter if you use the spellhaste tribute.

It seems to me this tribute should work. Oh, and the spellhaste I have from clerics doesn't seem to do anything either for the same reason (on 3+ spells).
  2. Sancus Augur

Traditional spell haste (SPA 127) is capped at 50%. Additionally, tribute counts as a worn item, so it does not stack with the spell haste on legs. Cleric spell haste does not stack with the spell haste on the new Empowered Banner/Campfire buffs.

SPA 501 goes past the cap of 50%, and I believe SPA 500 does as well, though it is not currently used on anything.
  3. Mookus Augur

So you're saying that indeed there is an easy way that they could fix stacking without a code change?
    Scaevola likes this.
  4. Nylrem Augur

Most tribute stuff hasn't been worth a darn in ages... needs a drastic overhaul honestly.
  5. Mookus Augur

Had another idea for the future... since spellhaste from cleric spells and from tribute don’t do anything,

What if instead of affecting casting time, these spells or effects should reduce casting global cool down timer. And the real cleric spellhaste should do more than what a merc cleric can give.

Spell casting seems so slow to me lately.
    Scaevola and Vizier like this.