TLP 2021

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skuz, May 29, 2020.

1. Manafasto Augur

I absolutely love the idea of being able to play a BST, gnome SK, or kitty bard at launch. I would prefer a tad bit faster XP per kill. Possibly, 2x drops for group content and 3x loot for raid content if MoTM stays. Raiding is fun but a lot of us are old and can no longer raid or camp quest 12+ hours a day. I would really enjoy any new spin to EQ at this point.
  2. Nolrog Augur

I fully expect to see a new TLP in 2021 some time, especially with Phini and Selos catching up by May. I would love to see something very different than just another Phini clone with a liltte tweak to the XP or first expansion, etc.

I thought the Phini release schedule was damn near perfect though. I wouldn't change it much at all.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. likestobox Lorekeeper

Where are you getting your info at that these longer unlocks won't work? Ragefire and lockjaw original unlock times were perfect for the most part, other than classic. The issue these servers had was 6 months on contested content due to there being no AoC. If these servers would of had AoC from the start phinny wouldn't of been so successful.
  4. Machen New Member

If they had aoc from the start, 6 months would have been even less popular. There is no reason to tack on 3 more months when most guilds are finished with content and have farmed for months after 3.

Take a look at the most recent server, araduneprogress.com even most of the more casual guilds are in VP or ST within a month or so of expansion launch.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Machen is right on this.

If you really want the longer unlock then feel free to go the Ragefire TLP you would be very welcomed there I am sure, but a longer than 3 month lockout only really works as the guilds are fighting over mobs a lot more without AoC, you could remove picks too and also make it more about competing with other guilds. Like I said though look how popular "Fresh Start" server were, AKA they were not popular at all.

But no-picks and no AoC are nowhere near as popular as having them, hell you only have to scroll through a few pages of the TLP forums to see a bunch of posts asking for even more and those together means no guild really needs 6 month unlocks, they would lose so many players from boredom at that unlock speed.

If a TLP with 6 month unlocks was released today it would take 26 x 6 months = 13 years to reach CoV.
    Then there would have been 12 more expansions released during that 13 years so 12x6 months = 6 more years.
    In that 6 years there would be 6 more expansions so 6x6months = 3 more years
    In that 3 years there would be 3 more expansions so 3x6 months = 1.5 more years
    The TLP with 6 month unlocks opened in 2021 would hit "live" status 23.5 years later in 2044.
    Aneuren likes this.
  6. Brunlin Augur

I would add....allow Warrens and Stone brunt mountains not to be expac locked, since they were not a part of an Expansion to begin with. The game is a lot different than it was when these were released and at that time if they had been in classic than the items and loot would have been game changing and to powerful for the game. The way the game is now though the items and loot in classic would not be that much more powerful and would give another option of leveling to 30ish atleast, and would give a reason to level from the Qeynos side. This would break up the monotony of unrest/guk or sola/solb leveling, though after 30 i guess than you would have to get on the normal train.

They should also take gnome sk/paladin and Halfling pal/ranger and not have these expac locked either. They are not op for classic but give more variety at the start and prevent people from race changing later.

As for a new TLP ruleset though they should come up with something new and fun, also I would love to see a Classic/Kunark release.....The static runs from 1 through 50 are fun, could you imagine being able to do 1 through 60 all at once. That would be awesome and would definitely spread the crowd out at the beginning so less waiting time to get your static in together at the start. (This last Server launch was , just saying.) Its debatable how long classic and Kunark launch could stay in era before Velious . I would just love to see them do it once.
  7. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

It's going to have to be completely unique for me to start over.

- Bst/Ber in at start
    - all class/race combos (except drakkin - since their home area is not even remote to the golden era of EQ)
    - Open with Trilogy + LOY + zones similar to Jaggedpine / Freeport Sewers / Revamped Lavastorm / revamped CT / caverns of exile / revamped droga and nurga / put Veksar in

- Logic - Myself, and many others, are tired of zones that are unusable. Revamped VP in OoW? What a joke, move it to POP/LDON so the gear and augments are relevant. At least get creative so we can raid new zones in era appropriate content. No one goes to raid new VP or new PoHate because the revamps are too long after relevancy. I think many would welcome a chance to do raids they haven't done before if the rewards are relevant to the era. PoHate as another example should be out maybe halfway through Luclin and just before PoP as its pre EP quality gear. Give guilds a reason to add it to rotation with VT/Ssra/Khati/Seru and before they are in EP's in PoP. (I'm sure there are so many zones that would fit this - almost as if it would have to be a community built list). The original intent to these zones was to help guilds catch up if they couldn't get open world content. With DZ's they are completely wasted zones. And for the group content zones - who doesn't want some new options for exping. These zones sit unused when they come out.

- Initial 4 months of trilogy - plenty of time for leveling a main, alts, tradeskills, and epic on top of getting some Velious raid gear

- 2 month unlocks SoL and beyond no deviation. 12 is getting to be a little long and 4 or 6 weeks whatever Selos is was too fast.

- 50% Rare increase
    - Standard DZ lockouts
    - 50% increase in exp modifier starting in SoL. Permanent baseline exp mod so its additive to exp bonus events
    - Truebox - 3 account limit - Launch day thru PoP as soon as GoD launches truebox ends and boxers can go ham.

It's time to graduate to fun or unique server rulesets or Aradune is the last ride.
    Wyndar and Ishbu like this.
  8. Ishbu Augur

I dont see myself moving on from Aradune this year to a new server but this idea is the closest to something different and also fun that I would be interested in.
  9. Moranis Augur

Honestly - I'm down for anything that makes the game even somewhat difficult. I'd go along with whatever unlock timers - more important to me would be gameplay changes.

Every zone / camp / raid mob (worth killing) is 100% strategized at this point. So I believe the only way to keep things interesting are brute force changes to the player/mob power dynamic to make the game even a teensy bit dangerous again.

I'm not married to any ideas - but here's a few of my issues:
    • I think there needs to be some combination of reduced player power and/or increased mob mitigation. Specifically, I think melee DPS is far too high relative to caster DPS - taking resists / melee mitigation into account. I would propose some combination of a small mob HP increase (say 10-15%) across the board, PC melee damage reduction, and NPC AC / Block / Parry increases.
    • Charm pets are still stupid OP - I really don't care if they're "classic". Even with the "20% reduction in DPS" on Aradune (if that even actually happened) they, quite literally, provide significantly more DPS than any other class. I would propose to bring their DPS down to somewhere around 50-75% of an epic monk.
    There's a couple other smaller things that I would nerf (cleric thurg clicky pants, necro 8th skullcap being tradeable) - but they don't really matter if the power dynamic remains as-is.
    I feel like the zones and mobs within the zones were laid out assuming Y-player power and Z-player knowledge. We're now at 2Y player power and about 100Z player knowledge. We can't fix the latter, so I believe we just need to tweak the former.
    Just my 2 cents. I'll probably play on the new TLP for a minute, regardless...that is, if I can log in during the first month.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

A lot of your suggestions here are WAY too generalised.

As EverQuest enters each expansion many of the balance changes are different.

Some of what needs fixing in classic is actually fixed in Kunark, some of what needs fixing in Kunark is fixed by Velious & so on & so forth.

So all of these complaints about balance, rogue damage, monk being OP, charm pets are god like etc etc need to be given the context of the specific expansions they are problematic in - anything less is simply a complete & utter waste of your time typing it & everyone else's time reading it & more importantly a complete & utter waste of time for any developer reading it. Also if you want ANY developer to take it seriously you better be coming equipped with parses to back up your assertions or you are simply pissing into the wind.

You have got to be expansion specific about class balance and spell vs melee, back on live in classic casters were stupidly more powerful than melee & were for a long time for just 1 example you raise, maybe all you are seeing is not that melee are too strong they are just stronger versus the old crap balance they used to have.
  11. NinjutsuMMO Augur

they need a PVP TLP
  12. Machen New Member

I'd prefer no new TLP in 2021, but if they are going to do one, yes please make it PVP. And only a pvp tlp.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

I still highly doubt a PVP TLP is happening, maybe when they completely run out of ideas to milk, but even in that year I'll expect a Phinny clone as well.
  14. Machen New Member

I agree. I think the chance that they will do a pvp server is zero. But if they have to do a new server, I hope it is a pvp server, as it will pull exactly the same amount of people from Aradune and Rizlona that going a year with no new server will pull.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

I see what you did there. ;)
  16. Nolrog Augur

Then we wouldn't have to worry about other TLPs losing population to it.
  17. Nolrog Augur

code-zero and Skuz like this.
  18. TigoalBitties New Member

There's a game called World of Warcraft. Sound's right up your alleyway.

It is quite entertaining when individuals start speaking on behalf of everybody else in forums.

A PvP TLP doesn't sound like too bad of a idea. It's just from my understanding, the PvP aspect just never worked out in EQ, for whatever reason.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Only one reason for there not being one, there are not enough PvP players, that's it, no big mystery.

Devs would absolutely make a PvP TLP if there was a big enough audience for it, but the sad fact is EQ's PvP died out a long time ago, it was what led to the merger of the few PvP servers EQ once had all in into Zek, now even Zek is really low population, just a handful of folks who still play there.
  20. TigoalBitties New Member

EverQuest just doesn't mix well when it came to PvP. Never did. Probably never will.

I'm surprised Zek is still running. Place has been a ghost town for as long as I can remember.