Player Housing ....

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Eknhomaht, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Eknhomaht Journeyman

oh so buying spells is next to worthless then :(
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Um, no. You need spells. Not sure where it was said buying spells are worthless?

I think what he is saying is if you look at the end game where something needs a skill level of 450 or 500 that it can discourage you a lot. So just buy the spells you need when you need them.

And only paying accounts can use the RK II spells anyway.

Spells can drop off mobs also.
    Eknhomaht likes this.
  3. Vhivi Elder

Sorry about that, Eknhomaht. I did not mean to sound so off kilter. Tatanka is correct in that I am overwhelmed. He talked about stuff I never realized existed (like some kind of trophy which I do not know anything about). I did not stay in the game and live through the changes. Heck, even back in the day there was stuff I never understood. I got the hang of grouping and a little bit of understanding about raid groups, but I never did a significant amount of the content.

That was years and years ago although I can surmise being intimidated by people who knew so much then because they did stuff I never even attempted. I still do not know how to get to Western Wastes on Velious nor most of the dungeons on Kunark. Heck, people keep recommending The Hole for level 65-70 and I only ever find gray opponents down there. I am obviously missing something yet cannot figure out what.

I have reached the limit of my know how by getting into Bastion of Thunder. Everything beyond that (and a great deal already behind me) is completely new. The problem is that nobody but me is there adventuring. The vast majority of people in the game (I suppose) power level their alternate characters and spend their time in places I have never been.

Yeah, overwhelmed is exactly right.
    Eknhomaht likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Have you done the tutorial? Although you have played in the past you seem extremely lost. The tutorial will help explain a lot. You can make a new character to go thru it and then go back to your current character. It can help you learn how to use stuff like the "find" key.

There is a feature called the map "zone" guide that will show you the route to take to find whatever zone you want to go to. It is in the upper right corner of your map screen. Map screen can be opened by clicking your backspace key - usually or control M. So open that, put wherever you are as the starting and then put say, Western wastes as the ending and it will show you what zones to go thru to get there.

Instead of listening to what others say you can also follow the Hero's Journey. It is a list of tasks, mission etc for any player to do at any level of their choosing.

You can access it by clicking the "achievement" button on the bottom of your character inventory screen. That is the screen you bring up when you click "i" in the game. It is very basic and I feel, may be better suited to overcome your obstacles.

You do not need to have played through different eras or expansions to understand the game.
    Vhivi and Eknhomaht like this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You don't have to create a new char to get the benefit of the tutorial. There is an NPC in PoK who will give you all of the tutorial quests. This was added because they made achievements for completing the tutorial quests, but old chars had no way to get to the tutorial zone to do them.
    Eknhomaht likes this.
  6. Vhivi Elder

Many times. In fact I did the tutorial back before they added the Glooming Deep armor to it. How the game is played is not an issue. There are a few classes I do not play but I understand those that I do. All the communications, maps, find function etc. are not an issue. Those are about how to play the game.

Next comes where to play and much of the game from 1-70 is not used any more except for hot zones and armor quests by Teek. That is a little hazy since I never went to many of those places. Story time, I recently did the level 60 Teek quests in Veksar where I never went before. I did succeed although I did not face any of the bosses. Fairly common for those quests so although I went to Veksar, there is much about the zone I have no experience with.

After that comes what to do while playing. This is the difficult part since much of what to do has gotten changed over the years. I already mentioned jewelry crafting and research. Those may have been "improved" to keep them relevant for lower level characters but that just made them more confusing. However, crafting is only part of the what to do. The other part is level specific and much of the crafting is level dependent.

That is my struggle. I have yet to hurdle level 70 which is apparently when much of the new "what to do" got implemented. That is a huge "?" for me since I have never been there. 70 to 85 is stuff that no one ever talks about except in some vague play guides.

So 1 to 65 I can do. Special parts of 1 to 65 I can eventually figure out. Past 65? That is a thick stone wall that I chip at from time to time. But it is noman's land from my perspective.

As to the Hero's Journey that is dismal stuff. It is all associated with Cresent Reach and Blightfire Moors and those zones. I did adventure there way back when and even did some the Hero's Journey questing but lost interest since those zones are an eyesore. I even tried a drakkin character to do them and never got far. There are many races I do not play since they are unappealing to me. That is personal preference.
    Eknhomaht likes this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You are right that the ones in POK (Out of Gloomingdeep) were made to help returning players but the quests in it are not the same as the begining tutorial. And you are right that it will give you the /ach.

The ones in POK cover guilds, bazaar, housing, parcel, tribute, loyalty, using the zone guide, etc. Those are not covered in the base tutorial. The only quest that overlap both tutorials is the mercenary one.

It was more to show returning players how to use all that loyalty points they had accumulated, or how to get into a generic guild real fast to use the port guy in the guild, how to pick up parcels incase they had some stuff parceled to them from the game while they were gone or how to buy and sell in the baz etc.

But he (Vhivi) is lost above level 65. And while Hero's Journey will take him to 85 - it might not be the zones he wants.

These may help

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/what-should-i-do-65-105.243044/

Personally around those levels I play in LDON (Lost Dungeons of Norrath) cause the exp is very good, lots of forage stuff I can sell to others and they are cool places.

I did a short write up here about how to get the Stone for the LDON's and once you have that then just go to the various camps, request the mission, go to the dungeon and kill !
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/adventure-stone.267673/
    Vhivi and Eknhomaht like this.
  8. Vhivi Elder

Oh! I did not realize there were quests for those. I shall have to look them up. Thank you for the links as well. I may already have seen the one about LDON since I like to do those as well. I thought those ended at level 65 though. I shall keep plugging away and perhaps I may someday get up to a level where more people adventure together.
  9. Gizzy Archangels New Member

Vhivi, I hope you hung in there. I found this post after being gone for 20 years myself and can relate to many of your issues. But I am having a blast playing again, having fun on test server at the moment and learning a little bit more every time I log on. Last night I met Agatha the grey witch for the first time! I'm a little level 40ish cleric and 40ish warrior by myself and was so happy to kill a named mob! Then while I'm researching in google what the stuff she dropped was.... she attacked me again. I ended up killing like 7 instances of her and her crazy eye pet before she killed my tank. But the fun!! OMG, I'm very happy to be playing again and will reach a level where I can raid again someday.
    Grove and Rijacki like this.