Next Expansion Feature Ideas:

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Laronk, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Laronk Augur

Hi guys share your ideas of features you would like to see as part of the next expansion.

I'd love a wow style auction house!
    Barton and Andarriel like this.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Baz reworked so i can sell more than 100 items! :) never played wow how does its auction house work?

Andarriel
    Barton likes this.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I would be in favor of an auction house-style bazaar. Maybe tie access into some pre-release quest line in October or something.
    Andarriel likes this.
  4. Lisard Silly

these are always fun, ill throw some idears at the wall.

-more unique hero forge helmets (that are not locked by armor type aka everyone can use them)

-Unique class Spells / ability, classes are becoming very stale with nothing new or innovative to spark the classes up some. just copy pasted same old same old or a blanket "new spell" such as alliance/covenant/coalition or Dichotomic/dissident/composite is becoming boring and not adding any unique flavor. even if you divide and conquered the task by perhaps doing a unique spell for Each caster (Wizard, Magician, Necromancer, Enchanter, Shaman, Cleric, Druid, Shadow Knight) and a unique AA ability for Each melee (Berserker, Monk, Rogue, Warrior, Bard, Ranger, Beastlord, Paladin) so the load isn't just all on one developer, /looks at aristo and ganzito.

-I've never liked 1 particular suit from hero forge, but i have found joy in trying to mix/match to create a new style from all the various hero forge sets. I would love to see the Armor type restrictions removed from future hero forge items added to the game so that I can expand on this. (i never understood why armor type restrictions are on hero forge to begin with, wasnt the idea to be able to change your appearance from eevryone else? /boggle.

-Transportation Keyring (keyring i can put all my various transportation items in, like my anchors, drunkard's stein etc.)

- for hunter and collection rewards, something new as the rewards. We literally dont need anymore backpacks.

-Mercenaries, More Mercenary AA's, the ability to add Hero Forge items and weapon ornamentations to your mercenaries appearance

-Add Player made potions:
    1. Tracking - each click of the potion brings up a tracking window
    2. could even add player made version of some class spells for individual use with a 15 minute reuse and instant cast, maybe have them all on the same timer so you have to pick which one you want to use for personal gain: Auspice, Quick Time, Black Wolf, Spirit of Vesagran
    Astral64, Raccoo, Ssdar and 1 other person like this.
  5. KrakenReality Augur

No more missions that are versions of the raid.

Epic 3.0’s

Locked zones
    Issk and Kase like this.
  6. birdsong_pawn Augur

7. Svann2 The Magnificent

More forumquest!
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Hekaton Augur

The next expansion probably has already a rough outline but man i wish we could hit brand new never before seen zones. TBL was great with this. I do like the new version zones of kunark and velious and they do hit the nostalgia feel but i would love to see something new. I think the most recent expansion i had fun in that was new was TDS and that had some great art and somehow they crammed a raid in one of the smallest zones in eq.

also housing. I know its not supported as much cause you can do it for free without paying anything but i miss the houses. I was in western wastes the other day and saw a giant restless ice crystal that could have been sized up a little bit and made into a housing exterior. A house without the restless ice interior seems like the waste of an oppertunity and it doesnt even need to be tied into an expansion. You could have made some side income on that thing in the marketplace
    Fenthen and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

UI Overhaul / streamline

Even more than new character models/graphics I think a UI overhaul is required before the game will ever attract new players in significant numbers.
  10. philreynolds New Member

This would be amazing!! with 4k+ monitors becoming more mainstream.. a better scaling UI would be majorly helpfull.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Vumad like this.
  11. atchoom Lorekeeper

HEY DEV's , possible to stop making missions where boss ( mobs ) avoid pet in melee range ???

since many year we could use pets np , then in TBL they started ( with trials ) to change that .

my friend rogue and zerker like to join us when they are online , but again they can't join because of the anti pet tanking in missions ( pets can still tank with a good heals ( shm and real cleric ) , but melee's getting splat very fast when ( the only mission we can do ), DN zandlicar mission , boss can hit up to 123k from what we have seen .

PLS ,do what we are used to do since many years, and get back pet who can hold agro ( in melee range ) with boss in missions.

btw, i got real tank friend and he can tank better than pet np ( he know what he is doing ) , but he is usually grouping with his fellowship crew .
  12. kyong Augur

Here's my wish!

A slot added which is proc / worn effect only and does not give you the extra stats. As a rogue I'd love to put my possessed dreadstone assassins knife (barbed weapon / assassins reflex), vander's bane from anniversary raid, locustlure, willsapper etc. All the things I worked so hard to get but now can't use but would love the worn effects or procs. It's almost like having another weapon up your sleeve but not using it. Would be nifty if integrated into the bandolier!
    Schadenfreude likes this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Quests, quests and more quests, for real rewards like they used to be.
    Barton and Ashigaru like this.
  14. Ashigaru Augur

As Yinla said - give us quests!

Give us spells, items, content! I would far prefer to have no new features and more content. Heck I’d prefer recycled content with new items, mobs, quests etc if it means more overall content
  15. Duder Augur

Reworking of the bazaar would be great so that it could not be monopolized by /\/\acroquest traders and give players who play the game with the tools given ingame an equal chance to sell their items.
  16. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I'd like TS housing items again, like the mountable heads from RoF, or to tie in to TBL, I would like to make djinn themed rugs on the loom,
    Perseverance trophy: the Jonas Dagmire's Parrot, Jonas Dagmire's Hand, the Shield from Oceangreen Hills combine into a display piece for your home.
  17. phattoni Augur

level 1 req level 115 rec gear(augs armor weapons etc) would be nice, give me a chance to get caught up gear wise, its the only thing that stops me from playing on live at the moment, the difficulty i have as a solo player gearing up.

i get an odd piece here and there from groups, but most of my gear is level 105 req and im level 111, only thing that was current for me was the tov visibles and thats because i was able to pick up an entire suit for less than 50k in baz.
  18. Barton The Mischievous

I'll second some of these.
    UI Updates
    Quests
    Upgraded Baz to Auction House or at least the ability to sell more than 100 items.
    Duder likes this.
  19. Evye Augur

Scaled instance versions of hot zones.
    Get some use out of those old zones NO ONE goes to.
    This would allow lots of nostalgia.
    I'd love a Lvl 115 version Oasis of Marr (north ro?) exp in for a month
    Goranothos likes this.
  20. minimind The Village Idiot

I like this a lot but also recognize that the #1 reason people keep old OSes/applications is the interface. People get used to an interface and they'll do whatever they can to keep it. Any new interface should keep the most appreciated aspects of the current UI while attacking pain points.

And absolutely NOT just be giant font, desaturation, and massive amounts of whitespace.
    Skuz likes this.