So, How do I gain a Silver Membership?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Duke5150, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Skizzoo Journeyman

Sorry for cutting into discution, but I'm currently Silver and I wanted to ask you few questions.
    1. Is it worth playing EQ with only silver?
    2. Is it possible to farm out gold to buy krono every month? - about 950k pp right now to 1 mill
    3. If I stay silver than I won't use prestige items. Is it bad, like really bad for riding and stuff?
  2. Brohg Augur

It's totally worth it, EQ is fun :)

It's possible. Loot everything and if you can handle the mobs, devote farming time to marketable drops like, currently, Briny Essences. Or go straight for plat by farming gems out of PoP zones. It's a heck of a grind, and only adds up to ~2h minimum wage labor in the USA after you've done it, but folks totally play only on Krono all over the place.

The major differences are a relatively bad merc and awful augment choices. The augs thing doesn't matter overmuch unless you're a tank. The merc thing can slow down what you do, but won't stop you ... possibly unless you're depending on it to tank.

Raiding on a silver acct is a pretty poor idea. You'll need the extra stats from better augs, and the extra power from rank 3 spells, which nonsubscriber accts don't get to take advantage of.
  3. Skizzoo Journeyman

I know that EQ is fun. I play it ^^

The point is that im in financial trouble and I can't afford paying so much on monthly basis for the game... You said it's 2h of minimum wage, but for me it's 7h of work (my daily salary), so not so nice...

I wish I had so awsome toons like you :p
  4. Anhari Augur

Hard work and dedication will gain you those awesome tooms!

Once you get to the 60-80's as a F2P toon, you should be able to farm plat for about 8-10 hours and get the plat to buy a Krono, go all access for a month, get the autogrant, and become even more ultra-uber without having to pay your hard earned cash!

BTW, out of curiosity, what country are you in?
  5. Skizzoo Journeyman

Im from Poland, Europe.

How can I farm for 8-10h and buy krono. That's impossible to do... Not enough cash from farming. I'll get maybe 2-3-4k pp per hour but not 90k...
  6. AlienRespwan New Member

Coming back after 2 years and now I discovered that Silver membership has poofed, it was so transparant what the motive is of SOE, im not planning to buy all access because its bad for your health and your wallet. I play IT since the first version of EQ (1999) ... but i can still say SOE ...What is bred in the bone will come out in the flesh
  7. Sebbina Augur

Something to consider, unless you are raiding or just have to have the best gear (prestige) you don't need to be All Access all the time. Spending several months to farm sufficient plat to buy a Krono could keep many reasonably happy, though lack of access to chat channels has got to be a big annoyance. Working to get All Access for 2 or 3 (or more) months of full access per year is a worthy goal, and for limited budgets, is reasonable for those of us on limited incomes.
  8. Xanadas Augur

Silver memberships don't exist anymore. Most benefits were given to F2P accounts. There is a char-limit of 2 chars on a F2P accounts, but you can buy more slots with SC. Spending the $ on extra slots would get you the equivalent of a Silver account.
  9. Gordrak New Member

My Silver account just went poof. Daybreak makes the comment that they are making the game better for FTP but in reality they just made it worse. I paid for 1 account and boxed 2 others. I didn't need to share bank space or anything else (the crap they gave access to for FTP) with my other accounts. But what I did need was the higher Merc which they took away when the Silver account went away. So now the highest Merc I can get is a Tier 2 Apprentice. I don't blame them for doing what they did, I just hate it when a company takes something away and tries to sugar coat it like they are making it better for you. Just like Netflix did when they split the ability to get dvd by mail and stream then raise the price on both, they also claimed they were making it better for their customers.
  10. Geroblue Augur

Silver accounts are still here, if you got one before the cut off date several years ago. My All Access reverted to silver when my all access expired.

I can get tier 5 apprentice merc on silver.
  11. Eknhomaht Journeyman

Is this Krono thing still working? Is it considered an exploit? I mean I guess it isn't if they haven't "fixed it" in 5 years...
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

To avoid all the debate from both sides (those who have had it work and those who nay say it without ever trying) you would need to buy a krono and try it out.

After all you have nothing to lose if your going to pay for a month anyway.

Then use the first rule of the fight club. Which is you don't talk about the fight club.

But iirc you recently returned to the game so if your on your old account it should be Silver anyway.
    Eknhomaht likes this.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

Ironic you are telling someone to specifically break the TOS while complaining about people who are not breaking the TOS.

To clarify, the "strange" behavior is speculatively and is often perceived, rather than actual, cheating. However, using someone else's account, especially as an intentional work around for the lack of access to in game functions...

Kettle and Pot.
    Eknhomaht likes this.
  14. Eknhomaht Journeyman

Okie doke.

Yes, I am silver, but I had to make a new account to invite my alts to my new guild (Darkpaw Freedom Brigade - fighting for equality of all oppressed races and to end the Queynos - Blackburrow Apartheid).

I've been playing this new little bard and I'm missing some basic functions I enjoy as silver. I never had a bard before.

Now I know people said "You can Buy character slots" yes that's true, but you cannot buy access to /general chat. That is only available to silver and all access. So it gets REAL boring.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Give it a shot;)
    Eknhomaht likes this.
  16. Vumad Cape Wearer

Yes, you can play, and enjoy the game, completely as silver. You just have to accept the limitations...
    - No prestige armor. That means very few augs which are important.
    - AA caps. You pretty much can't earn AA at all unless gold
    - Merc limits, and it can make a big difference

However, EverQuest is a large game. You get all but the last 2 expansions for free. That is a lot of content to play in. You absolutely do not have sub to enjoy the content. However, for me, a big part of EverQuest is raiding. I don't raid for armor (though it is nice). I enjoy working as part of a team. It's my sport, one I play for fun. However, raiding as silver would not be fun. It would be a big struggle due to a lack of armor for a chest that is functionally empty.

Only you can decide if it is worth playing EverQuest as silver. I don't intend to go back to silver, but I do keep a full set of non-prestige armor in the event that I needed to.

As for the Krono, you can farm it. There are a number of people I know with multiple accounts, all of them subbed with Krono for the past years. However, these are also people I see online almost everything I play (and they are conversational, not AFK farming). If you are going to play and love EverQuest, you will eventually amass a wealth that covers your Krono in pure excess. However, it's more efficient to go cut a lawn in your neighborhood to cover your sub than it is to farm out the Krono. A krono is paid for with many many hours of gameplay, so if you are playing many hours already, then it is feasible, but if you are trying to save money, it's not an efficient use of your time. The same is true of buying expansions, which are now tradable in game.

What is much more feasible is to buy a Krono here and there for autogrant until you reach L105 (Autogrant through EoK, which capped at 105). After that, you can make additional decisions about buying more krono or subbing. However, given that you will likely not grind out AA until you grind out L110, it's likely that it is reasonable to not have a sub until 110, unless it is for general chat, Armor, etc.

Personally, I suggest a 3-month sub, and if you are worried about recurring billing, cancel it right after you pay. Canceling does not give you a refund, you keep your 45 days, but you wont be billed again when you cancel.

Don't forget too that your sub is all access, which includes EQ2 and DCUO, both of which are good MMOs.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Only the last 5 posts are recent, the others before those are 6 years old.

But it is a nice compilation.
    Vumad likes this.
  18. Vumad Cape Wearer

Bah. This happens all the time to so many people on so many different forums.

I wish forums would highlight the date on posts over 2 years old.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I try to be amusing and not serious about necro'd posts since DW wants to remove all posts that are over a year old or something like that. We would lose many many useful and informative posts with lots of history if he did that.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

What would be nice to fix is people necro-bumping threads that were last commented on 5 years ago that don't even fit their question.

Krono is performing its intended role of recouping revenue from the RMT marketplace that existed before its introduction & doing so safely & securely for players who wish to exchange real money for in game platinum or items, therefore after 5 years there is nothing to fix with Krono as it is not broken.

Free to play was announced in January and introduced in March 2012
    Krono were announced in October 2012 and introduced in January 2013

Gold accounts were terminated on April 29th 2014 with the transition to the All-Access subscription plan, any accounts that were created prior to that date were "grandfathered", should those accounts subscriptions or consumed Krono time lapse they go to Silver status.
    Any accounts created after April 29th 2014 revert to standard Free to Play accounts when they lapse.

"Dexella" posted the following announcement on SOE's forums.
    In an effort to ensure that the transition to the new All Access membership plan is as seamless as possible, we are going to be taking a little more time to test. So, we will be pushing the launch date of All Access to Tuesday, April 29th.