XP bug in raid format for lvl XP

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Elite_raider, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Elite_raider Augur

A while back you made the change so that you would not get an XP penalty in raid format, this is working fine for AA XP, but for lvl's the XP get's devided by /10 before it gets added if you are in a raid format and have more then 6 people in it.

A few examples:
    6 people non raid
    AA-xp per kill 6% per person
    lvl-xp per kill 0.6%

12 people in a raid
    AA-xp per kill 3% per person
    lvl-xp per kill 0.03%

The above is not an actual in game example, but it illustrate the current issue and how XP is behaving in game at the moment.

I am guessing the penalty code for AA- and lvl-xp was implemented in two different locations in your code and you just forgot to remove the lvl penalty code when you removed the AA penalty code for raids?
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

I thought that was intended to be that way. I could be wrong. Was there something said in game update notes about it applying to regular xp?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Yinla like this.
  3. Elite_raider Augur

They just said they were removing the XP penalty for being in a raid, so they did not specify either AA- nor lvl-XP, so one would assume that they meant both since neither one was specified.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I don't see a problem with this, with each you are getting half with 12 as you did with 6. I seem to have thoughts in the back of my mind that there used to be an aditional reduction for raids regardless of how many were in it. Removing the penalty doesn't mean you get the same as you would for a single group.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Moege Augur

100 xp shared between 6 people
    100 xp shared between 12 people

Of course per person will be less the more is in the raid, do not see a bug here.

Go do the same experiment.
    6 people in group
    6 people in raid
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Svann2 like this.
  6. Elite_raider Augur

You are both correct that there is no "bonus" for more then 6 people, which clearly is shown in the example, so yes you should get less with more then 6 people, and as you can see in the example, for AA's you get half (1/2) with 12 over 6 people in the raid. But for lvl-xp you get 20 times less XP for 6 over 12 in the raid, ergo there is an extra modifier for lvl-xp that reduces the XP you gain 10x if you put it in lvl's then if you put it in AA's when you are in a raid with 12 people over just having a group of 6.

So AA XP is working correctly by a team of 12 getting half the XP as a team of 6, but for lvl-xp a team of 12 is getting 20 times less xp then a team of 6, instead of half like with AA-XP.

The raid penalty for all raid XP used to be negative 10x on top of the normal dividing among raid members, it got removed from AA's XP when they said they were removing the penalty, but it never got removed from the lvl-xp, which seem's like an oversight since they never specified that they were only removing it from "one" type of XP, but just said they were removing it.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Important information that you are leaving out. What content are they doing? What level are each of the characters? It is unlikely that those two things are necessarily the cause, but they can be contributing to it.

Also, I do not think that raids are intended to get either the group bonus or the real player bonuses added to their XP. If there is a bug I would bet that it is that the raid AAxp is getting treated the same as group AAxp including having the group bonus rules being applied to it, while the regular raid xp is not getting this applied to it. I would wager that someone simply copy and pasted the group AAxp script and pasted it over the old raid AAxp formula & changed the divisor rule to take raid sizes into account, while the regular XP was simply changed to remove the raid penalty on xp, as it works far more straight forward compared to the AAxp.
  8. Elite_raider Augur

My examples were clearly to complicated when I used two groups, since all the replies that this post has gotten, either indicates that they did not understand the example or did not bother to read the post fully, my bad. So here goes with an example of one group:

AA xp for 6 people before the patch that was to remove the raid penalty:

1) In a group 6% per kill
    2) In a raid 0.6% per kill

LVL-xp for 6 people before the patch that was to remove the raid penalty:

AA xp for 6 people after the patch that was to remove the raid penalty:

2) In a raid 6% per kill

LVL- xp for 6 people after the patch that was to remove the raid penalty:

What they are killing or what lvl's they are does not matter, the penalty is a flat negative 10x that got removed from the AA XP part, but not the LVL-xp part, which seem's like on oversight considering the patch notes that stated that they were just removing the penalty in general, ergo the reason for this bug report.