@Devs - CoV exp still too low, see below:

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Razbonic, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Razbonic New Member

CoV exp still too low, see below:

ToV if we kill a 115 mob they have approximately 21,800,000hp and average about 1AA per kill.

CoV if we kill a 115 mob they have approximately 53,300,000hp and average about 1.2-1.4AA per kill while hitting significantly harder.
    CoV if we kill a 116 mob they have approximately 55,000,000hp and average about 1.4-1.6AA per kill while hitting significantly harder.

Now let me start by saying I am no math expert but should something that is significantly harder to kill, with approximately 2.6 times the amount of HP give more then 20-60% more exp then the MUCH easier to kill ToV mobs? We are afterall in the same level bracket as ToV. If you were base this on hp alone while completely ignoring the difficulty factor... CoV mobs would be giving almost 2.5 aa per kill.

Now I ask you dev's, lets not do what your known for which is nerf ToV exp so that CoV looks more enticing. Instead, perhaps you guys can revisit CoV and either adjust mobs hp to scale appropriately or better yet... scale up the exp per kill to be on par with their difficulty. Cause currently there is no reason for anyone to exp in CoV other then while doing progress which is worthless or achievements.

Thanks for your time.
  2. Sarrona Journeyman

I really hope devs look into this.
  3. Cicelee Augur

There are players that, three weeks after expansion launch, are max level and AA. You have twelve months to reach that goal. I think you will be fine.

XP is fine as it is.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea wouldnt be doing cov for xp get better doing eok lol.

Andarriel
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

CoV XP is just fine.

The same people complaining that ToV experience was "bad" were max level and max AA 6 months into the expansion - they were complaining after the 6 month mark that there was nothing left to do in ToV.

Go figure. :)
  6. Sarrona Journeyman

Just because some people are maxed we should overlook the flawed math behind the exp? We all give advise to better the game. Simply saying "some people are already maxed AA after three week" is a troll statement that helps no one. This expansion released VERY few AA so for people who were already maxed it was no big deal. What about people coming back to the game or new people joining the game who need 40K+ AA... think about those people too. I for one am maxed AA but im throwing this out there to help other people who aren't maxed.
    Fanra likes this.
  7. Sarrona Journeyman

Case and point, the current xpac isnt worth playing if its not for progression... They should be making it worth wild for people to play in the new expansion rather then having to go back to old content.
  8. Sarrona Journeyman

Nothing to do and experience rates have nothing to do with one another. People who complained about nothing to do in ToV were referring to it having only 4 missions, limited zones and no real quests other then the TS earring. Hell the exp in ToV was from doing the 4 missions more then anything else.

I encourage you to go back and look at older expansions. See how many zones they had, how many quests there were, how many achievements there were. The last few expansions have been VERY slim in comparison.
  9. Lisard Silly

just do all the CoV content, if your not max xp/aa by then, go back and swarm tov...whats the problem.

EQ is designed to be played in past and present expansions...its not linear progression and everything behind be forgotten.

the XP is just fine. I play like 2-3 hours a day and i do maybe 4-8 missions a week. and im almost done with AA's, finished all group progression within CoV, Completed Hunter....i still need most Collections, by the time i finish collections ill be maxxed and glyping on every pull.

all this while i mostly Molo or 4 box with mercenaries b/c most my playtime is in the early AMest when nobody is online.

there are so many things that need fixing in EQ, XP is not one of them.
    Cadira likes this.
  10. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Two new troll accounts made today.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I would encourage you to vote with your dollars if you are disappointed. Content the last few expansions has been decreasing, yes. But my point stands. XP does, indeed, have something to do with "nothing to do". Have you not noticed how many "XP grinders" complained about ToV?

One has to wonder where this selective memory comes in from expansion to expansion.