extended target window targets me

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Svann2, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Sometimes when I try to click a mob on the extended target window the list shifts, I click in an empty space, and it ends up targetting me. Thats very bad when I have dots in my melody. Is there any way to turn that self targetting function off? When I want to self target I use F1.
  2. birdsong_pawn Augur

Agreed, this bugs sucks. Once my necro accidentally targeted himself and casts dissident -> LOADING, PLEASE WAIT.

Maybe post this in the bug forum if you want to.
    minimind and niente like this.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I actually like that aspect. I use it intentionally
    RPoo likes this.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

What's wrong with using F1?
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I just don't? nothing WRONG. just don't
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

I actually usually use tab because F1 I end up targeting my pet a lot. I don't know if that is default or not. I have End for cycle last 2 targets and ~ for cycle NPC. I had a key for cycle Xtar but I don't actually use it. I do click mobs on Xtar a lot these days but I didn't realize that clicking Xtar targeted the player. What situations are you clicking Xtar to target yourself for?

Your sig says Casic Thule. Aren't you on Luclin or am I confusing you with someone else?
  7. RPoo Augur

having to move that hand away from it's current position - using mouse to click is a more efficient use of my time than repositioning my other hand, personally.
  8. Elyssanda Bardbrain

No dear, that's me too. =) I have an Elyssanda there as well.. in Black Dragon Legion.

I also have an Elyssanda on Drinal, Xegony, Bristlebane.. and a bard NOT Elyssanda on AB because some of my original guildees moved there when it opened.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

It is. You press F1 once to target yourself and a second time to target your pet. Works for any group member with a pet. Need to heal the Mage pet quick? Hit F5 twice.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It happens when you click an /xtar slot RIGHT at the time the slot empties out, so you click it right as it goes blank, and then it winds up targeting you instead.

For me, this usually happens for generic slots for anything on my hatelist, and the mob moves to a different slot because another mob just died.