Increase in rare Spawn 76% ... the alternate facts.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Poyzen Frawg, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Thank you DBG for the increase in rare spawns. Its much appreciated with the hundreds of new hunter check blocks we are filling in.

But maybe .... an accumulative 76% would be more amazing...... 76% of a mob that has a 1% chance of spawning is still not even 2%. Right? I've been hunting in old zones for 3 hours now and still no named mobs :( Panda of Sadness.

Throw us a bone ..... have a patriotic heart!
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yawn, another silly post about mobs not spawning.
    Cicelee likes this.
  3. Cicelee Augur

Seven spawns, two different named. 28% success rate.

Obviously working just fine.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I killed one PH and then the rare spawned. Based on my sample size of one spawn I have concluded rares are now spawning with 100% frequency. THANKS OBAMA
    Nennius, Vumad, Sancus and 5 others like this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Old world mobs are not affected by increased rare spawn rate.
  6. Reht The Dude abides...

Not entirely true:
  7. Treiln Augur

Was waiting for someone to complain :p

But it did seem a bit odd. Stayed in one camp for 5 hours (4 hours 47 minutes). Killed 2 PH, and had Orechomper spawn. Next 4 hours and 40 minutes, no named. I'm honestly not too worried about it, just seemed a bit broken is all lol

I'm in it for the xp!
  8. GoldenFrog Augur

Great. Just fuel for the fire that "Lodizai and Stormfeather didn't spawn for me!"

(Yes, I know they aren't part of the new achievements which makes it even more obnoxious)

76% of "Ultra Rare" is still "Pretty Danged Rare". Just camp it all and let's have fun or go home.
    Treiln likes this.
  9. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Yawn, another silly Troll.
    Andarriel likes this.
  10. Leigo You come here often?

It's a game of chance.
    Thanks for the extended fun Devs! Woo grinding time!
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's not trolling. Every time there is an increased spawn rate, someone comes here complaining that the spawn rate isn't enough. Yet the named spawn plenty fast enough. Hell, people complain they "never" spawn period. That there are "anti camp radius" mechanics around some named...
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

There is an anti-camp mechanism.

Some named appear as a normal form, and a moment later upgrade to the more powerful/better loot version.

If a player is next to the spawn point, the weaker version can agro, and prevent the better version from appearing at all.
  13. Biggho Journeyman

I never heard about that. Which mobs have a anti-camp mechanism? Is that an april joke or are these facts for only a couple of mobs. Is that something from the new expansion or the classic hunter achievements? I am surprised....
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Kaenneth, Jul 1, 2017
    Biggho, Today at 12:04 PM

/sigh
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Sancus like this.
  15. Zanarnar Augur

I mean.. at least people are using the search function?
  16. Laronk Augur

Now if only they started using the lfg function in game!
    Skuz and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Be no fun if they make it to high and the named spawn everytime just my two cents!

Andarriel
    Duder likes this.
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea ive done that before would search for something in the forum and do a reply and later see it was many years old lol then i would get yelled at /sigh

Andarriel
  19. Rondor Augur

The Plane of War NPC "Jergamund the Slaver" used in the quest "Katka's Cause" has been noticed by some players as having an anti-camp radius effect, if you sit right on the PH spawn spot. But other players have reported that this may be just a misinterpretation of long spawn timers. For a discussion, search for "anti-camp" in the discussion threads for the quest at allakhazam:

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=7490
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  20. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

None, it's placement in the loading screen scroll is a joke. Way back in the day, because people usually didn't have the exact spawn location of mobs on the screen as well as people recording inaccurate coordinates for them, they would see one mob spawn and mistake it as the PH and then would not get the rare to spawn, but then they were off killing something else and the actual respawn happened with the named. So players created a theoretical mechanic called the anti-camp radius to explain why it was happening.
    Rondor, Biggho and Skuz like this.