Named in Temple of Veeshan

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Windance Augur

Has anyone figured out the pattern to where things spawn in ToV?

https://cov.eqresource.com/namethetempleofveeshan.php

"Most named are triggered from killing NPC's from a different area."

Been rolling through killing random stuff for a while now ... maybe rand just doesn't want me to get ToV hunter done while bonus spawn rate is active ...
  2. Vaeeldar Augur

If you click on the named on EQR it tells you what is the random PH for the named....
  3. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

its all pretty well laid out on EQR if you go into the specific names.
  4. Windance Augur

I was just having a really bad RND run. 3rd clear of the room and the ph's popped.
  5. Maedhros High King

I am not a big fan of the "kill a bunch of PH's over here" while someone else can plunk down at the spawn point and just gank the named when you spawn it.
  6. Cadman Elder

Indeed, terrible mechanic and encourages stealing... the Named should spawn out of the trigger mob imo, not the other side of the zone potentially
    Andarriel, Skuz and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Maybe its designed as an anti-hogging mechanism? To help prevent monopolising of spawns.
  8. Kamor Lorekeeper

The PH/Trigger is in the same general area for all of the named. 1, maybe 2 rooms away from the named spawn point.
    3 clears even with increased named isn't a bad run.
  9. Windance Augur

This is the part that confused me. Most of the mobs that can repop as a "trigger" seem to be in the same room or right next to it. When I'd been in the room cycling "trigger" mobs for 2-3hr+ and didn't see anything pop it got me wondering if I was cycling the correct mobs.

Came back last night and on 3rd clear it popped.

Answer is YES. I was just having a string of bad luck.

As others noted EQ Resource has the location of the trigger mobs. Kill the mobs in that room until you get them to pop as the correct thing.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

We were worried about someone hanging out on the ramp up to Skyshrine as we were camping the named there, so we just pulled the winged terror (PH) up to the top so we would be right there when he popped.
    Ironkeg likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd like to see these named work similar to The Judicator in Plane of War, in that they are tied to the group who spawned it for 30 minutes.
    Andarriel likes this.
  12. Tappin Augur

All this does is encourage a small raid to obliterate the zone.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

Does that really matter if they have their own pick?
  14. Tappin Augur

Depends on the raid size - many use multiple picks. So yes it may matter.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The one-way drop trigger mob at the bottom of ST is down right mean spirited.
    Andarriel likes this.
  16. Maedhros High King

Some of them spawn at the exact spot that you kill the PH, such as Milas spawning from a Venerated Sadist. Others, as mentioned, can spawn quite a long way away from where the ph dies, such as Kirezebough from a Winged Terror.
    Feshlak and Lord Vyemm could easily be KSed if someone wanted to if you are not in a full group thats keeping the entire area clear and pulling the PHs directly to the spawn points of the named.
  17. Lisard Silly

18. lancelove Augur

Reminds me of leap frogging guilds raiding in Halls of Testing back in the day!