"zoom-out" Camera FOV is determined by... character size?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Oscig, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Oscig Elder

Noticed how awkward the camera looked on my wood elf compared to my Iksar. Looked through all of the settings, nothing seemed off between the two. Decided to do a test, positioned them in roughly the same area. Hit F9 to cycle all the way through to first person camera then zoomed it all the way out so they'd have the same exact camera position.

I wasn't crazy. Compare the results for yourself o_O
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

The Iksar's zoom is like playing a different game.

Is there any way to get my wood elf to have the same FOV as the Iksar without having to use one of the camera modes with weird controls?
  2. Oscig Elder

update: I'm an idiot, I forgot I was leveling divination on my wood elf using glimpse last night before I logged :cool:
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

even so, I do notice differences depending on the race I'm playing. Maybe not for races of the same "size", but certainly between a small and a large race, it does look different.

Also note that it is zone dependent. The housing zone will let you zoom out quite a bit. A LOT! No idea why this setting is different in just certain zones.
  4. phattoni Augur

LOL put the bong down and step away from the candy.
    Nolrog likes this.
  5. Ezra Journeyman

This is really noticeable with a skelly illusion when you sit (where the character model collapses into a heap of bones on the ground). The FoV goes below the terrain. This is why I usually cancel the illusion component when my necromancer casts Call of Bones.
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

You can right click on any buff and then click block this spell. You wont ever have to click off the illusion when you cast those spells anymore. You can access you blocked spells from the EQ menu in game. You can also hotkey blocked buffs and pet blocked buffs. This is useful for me as an ENC because I can quickly block and unblock merc healing my pet when charming vs using an animation, or if you want your cleric merc to be more spammy, you can block slower more mana efficient heals and then unblock them for when you are with a real cleric.
  7. Ezra Journeyman

I didn't know we could do that. That's helpful. Thanks for the tip!