UI mods you enjoy the most

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by smills428, Dec 19, 2020.

1. FranktheBank Augur

I dont even know what you just said to me.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Haha. Copy the default ui folder to another folder with a new name FrankUI. Download Notepad++ and open a random xml file such as playerwindow.xml. Look around, make 1 change save it. /loadskin FrankUI and see what the change did. Rep~at until you start making it how you want.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

Tried to copy haste from inventory to player window, didnt work.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

There is 2 things you need. In the top-middle portion of the file is all the pieces that are available to that window. Ex: Haste which has its properties (location, color, etc) then at the very bottom you need to add the piece to the actual window. I'm not at my pc atm or I'd give you actual snips but if you scroll all the way to the bottom you should be able to see where it's being told to render.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Here is how my haste works
    add this to the portion just below <Schema xmlns="EverQuestData" xmlns:dt="EverQuestDataTypes" />
    this gives you a label that displays current haste (HasteStat is the variable name, EQType 211 tells it that it's haste) and a label that displays the words "Haste" in gold (HasteLabel)
    Then at the very bottom under <Screen item="PlayerWindow">
    add
    with the other Pieces, this is what tell the window what to render, the first half tells it how to render it. You might need to mess around with the size/location paramters to make it the way you want
  6. Thez69 Elder

minimind likes this.