Fractional spawn chance

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Trebla7th, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Trebla7th Augur

I vaguely remember in the past seeing "spawn" files that listed chance to spawn (day/night cycles, etc) and chance to spawn was only in whole numbers (1%, 5%, 10%, you get it). Are there fractional spawn chances? For instance if an NPC normally has a 1% chance to spawn... with 50% bonus, I'd expect it to be 1.5%. Is this the actual spawn rate now? Or is it rounded to 2%? Or floored to 1%?

Specifically looking for Burynai Cutter in Field of Bone
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

From what I can remember, the bonus only applies to "modern" mobs that spawn off database data. Old world named based on a scripted spawn cannot be globally modified.
  3. Trebla7th Augur

I was under the impression that this applied to any "rare" mob that had a PH and a fixed % chance to spawn in place of the PH regardless of era.

But regardless, even if Burynai Cutter doesn't meet the criteria for bonus rares, the question still stands, even if it's a bit academic.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Calculations are likely to be a decimal value.
  5. Trebla7th Augur

I agree, there's no reason they shouldn't. But I'm trying not to speculate... I guess hoping a dev can jump in and confirm if spawn chance is integer or double... maybe that's hoping for too much and really doesn't matter anyway.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The link to the post is not working. However, you can go to this link https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...n-76-the-alternate-facts.242348/#post-3563080 to see it quoted on the Daybreak forum.
    Trebla7th likes this.
  7. smash Augur

Chance prob go from 0,00001% to 0,000015%
  8. Febb Augur

The bonus only applies to npcs that con "a rare creature" I believe.
    Duder and Yinla like this.
  9. Trebla7th Augur

10. Toukan Augur

heh. And trigger mobs don't con rare.......
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It's possible that triggers were meant to spawn as rare, assuming the Master of the Guard is meant to be a trigger mob. They really should con as such so people questing could notice they spawned a trigger and won't leave it up.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.