CS Mission - The Crusaders still too difficult

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Razorfall, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Bigstomp Augur

Raids an missions sharing some similarity makes sense. The devs can tell the story and keep things similar.

(debates about missions being too hard or too easy are another story)

But we nailed all 4 tonight with some folks who had never done them before and a few who had.

The hardest part was really having someone decide clockwise or counter clockwise.
    Svann2 and Duder like this.
  2. smash Augur

If I should come with changes to the 4 missions....
    If they gotta be mini raids for grp, then
    First put steps into the missions, which makes is possible to recover, instead of going in 1 run

DN: Change it so it resemble raid more. Meaning, first you kill down to a certain perchantage, then dragon becomes invul and the things from raid comes and you have do almost same stuff as in raid, but got a certain amount of time for it

Then dragon comes live again and you can continue on it.

Would break the mega burn that makes it too easy, and make it longer

Skyshrine
    Split up into 4 steps, each killing a dragon, reduce the ae from the drakes.
    Make the ground burn like in raid, depending on which one you kill.

Temple:
    Give the auras a name, so you can see them, it can be hard to see the color, also make them static, so they dont move around
    Upper time you have to get the orbs right. Lower the AE's damage

ST:
    Split up into steps ,each killing a dragon..
    Reduce the hps on the dragons, but lower the time b4 a golem appear at each.
    Increase the hps/dps on final one, Well is final mob.

Overall it would more or less keep the hardness in regard to kills, but it would make it easier to continue, if you do wipe.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

No. No. No. No. No.

Heroic Adventures can die in a dumpster fire.

HA's still aren't fixed. Raids based on HA's still aren't fixed. HA's are a giant pain the assertion.

As it currently stands, ALL HAs scale to the latest expansion of the same level. So TBM missions scale to EoK difficulty. RoS missions scale to TBL difficulty. And now, ToV missions scale to CoV difficulty.

Not a problem if you are in latest and greatest gear and AA. HUGE problem if you are leveling up in-era expansion in expansion gear trying to beat a NEXT expansion difficulty mission.

Heroic Adventures can absolutely never rear their heads again and it would be too soon.
    Annastasya and Duder like this.
  4. Tegila Augur

Wasn't saying there weren't missions that were different, but that there were also missions the same as the raids, or damned close.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Have not tested other expansions, but can confirm that at least plane of (hate/fear) from TBM stopped scaling and are perfectly doable.
  6. Windance Augur

They are scaled to level 105 but the HP/AC or mitigation on several of the bosses is still scaled up compared to where they were when it was launched. It is really noticeable on the fear dracolich, and to a lesser extent on Maestro/Innoruuk who both take longer to grind down now at 115 then they did at 105.

Are they doable? yes. Are they scaled back to the level they were at TBM launch. No.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Clockwise!!!1
  8. Bigstomp Augur

Interesting. I didn't really notice but so much has changed since then it's hard to say.

I sorta feel like the dracolich was only more annoying because we forgot how annoying the fear used to be.
  9. Biggho Journeyman

That does not make Heroics bad - its not the cause. It is the problem of this stupid scaling mechanics.
    Make Heroics and delete these scaling stupidity. I don't have found people who like that.
    Bad loot for more difficult stuff. And people who are behind the xpac cannot even solo/molo the stuff to keep the pace to the latest expacs. That was one reason at least for me to buy a new xpac. With new gear I could complete old stuff. This scalability change was one of the worst decisions ever.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You're right. The scaling is the problem.

Devs, however, have repeatedly stated the HA scaling will not be rescinded. The fact that they have made 4 tuning passes on HA scaling over 2 years underlines this sentiment. Devs have committed that HA scaling will not go away, no matter how detrimental and unbalancing HA scaling makes the game. The argument stating HAs are worse for the game in their current state than they were before HA scaling was put into effect in January 2018 has fallen on deaf ears every time it's brought up.

So unless the Dev team is willing to compromise on their stance on scaling, HAs can still die in the dumpster fire they represent.
    Barton likes this.
  11. Cadman Elder

They scale as you gain levels don't they?

So, how are ToV missions scaling to CoV difficulty now? I've done them again recently, they're exactly the same
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Cadman Elder

Thanks for looking into these - one other thing about Crusaders, should they be Wild Rampaging (for what appears to be full damage, or close to)? While mostly avoidable, that seems like something that should be left in raids too (unless the intention is to push people into the Cleaners I guess)
  13. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Only the HA's scale like that, there isn't any in TBL or ToV that I can remember though. Those were all regular group missions. I'm pretty sure you're right and none of the TBL/ToV missions are any different/harder than before.
  14. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

15. Ashigaru Augur

So just get around it by having two missions per zone.

1) a basic mission that involves moving around the zone, killing several groups of trash, hailing random NPC and killing a named NPC (comparable to a rare from the static zone). Give it a chance to have a named spawn. i.e. A heroic adventure without scaling
    2) the now-normal scaled down version of the raid
  16. Evye Augur

475k seems low for a Raid War?
    not picking on anyone just jumped out at me.
    A shaman in my FS can push 600kish
  17. Tappin Augur

Sounds correct if not properly using tribute and cleric HP aura.
  18. Tappin Augur

This mission is broken. They absolutely need to reduce the AoE damage.
  19. Vaeeldar Augur

475K HP without composite or other items sounds about right for just shaman/cleric buffs in group. When you statrt stacking all the buffs + composite yeah you can push 600k temporarily.
  20. Evye Augur

Thanks setting me straight yall.