Game not built for playing just One Account anymore

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by BarryGarry, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Tegila Augur

Except you already said you can solo in CS. it sucks that everything's immune to root and snare for many reasons, not just soloists

That said, nothing says you have to solo. I would assume you have access to a Merc, and summoners suck, but there's a thing called summontanking for a reason...try it, with a healer Merc. Idk how long it's take to kill though that way.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

What is "summon tanking"? and can it be done with a wizard+merc?
    If it is what I think it is:
    Just tank it with my wizard while my merc heals me, then I found it doable with trash mobs in TBL, but even ToV-mobs hit too hard. :(
  3. Mookus Augur

I don't know what is possible for a molo pet class. Don't know what a tank+clr merc can do. Not sure if a clr with a tank merc can do what i've seen them do in ToV.

I have tested summon tanking extensively in CoV. First, as a wizard that is only even attemptable if the mob can be rooted. I need that split second to shake off stuns, move back and cast a spell. Or to reapply root. But even mobs that can be rooted are max hitting me entirely out of balance. I have raid ToV TS gear in every slot plus all the CoV defensive general tab AAs. But devs stopped caring about caster defensive explosiveness long ago and this is worse than ever.

Rats in skyfire can be summon tanked. I have completed the kill 8 rats task that way. But only because these mobs are orders of magnitude easier than everything else for some reason. I've tried it on other mobs and it is a 100% guaranteed splatfest. And then of course they added root immunity almost everywhere else.

I have finished CS, now that I am done with merc/partisan/collects, what am I supposed to do there? It's not good exp compared to TOV. Mobs in CS have 36million hp now compared to ToV which had 21Million. Even if they gave the same exp(and they don't) it would still be much worse.
  4. Cicelee Augur

1. Complain on the forums
    2. Ask guild members to group up
    3. Ask players on the server to group up
    4. Change your class
    5. Switch guilds or servers
    6. Make friends
    7. Add a second account

If all of the above does not work, or you choose to not do some of the options, then

8. Retire
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Tegila Augur

Summon tan
    Summontanking is running backwards away from a mob while tanking it because it will summon you back, you can run out of it's melee range and do a fast cast if you time it right I suppose. Idk how good that would work for a wizard though. What it does is eliminate all the hits you'd take between summons.

Mobs that summon typically don't need rooted bc they summon instead of chase when running backwards, at least at old runspeeds. Now runspeeds may be too fast. If you have any sort of summonable pets you can toss at it that might buy more time too(like as swarm pets, melee swarmpetweapons, the bunny from loyalty, cloth cap from anniversary, and the dogwhistle from the Timmy down the well task(whatever it's called) they're not great pets but the mob will hit them first when you're out of reach
    Jumbur likes this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

In my experience, you can barely make a single cast(except instant-casts) in between summons, and swarmpets are on a cooldown, so they can't be spammed.
    Maybe a specialized insta-cast spellweave can be used for this type of encounter...

I will have to experiment with this. :)
  7. SirNaves New Member

I wanna play EQ with this guy. He gets it
    Flatchy and Belexes like this.
  8. Mediik Augur

I grouped with a box crew tonight. I typically group with someone running boxes as it's easier than trying find 5 other people to get together in a reasonable amount of time.

Join an active guild, get to know people and it's much easier to get things done.
  9. Leerah Augur

No hope. When the Scandanavians buy a company, it's going to be broken up and sold for parts. The only salvation would be if a group of us bought it and hired the employees to do what is Right By Us.

10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You are misguided.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

Can you cite examples to support your conclusion?
    Tucoh likes this.
  12. Tryal Anderror Journeyman

I've been away for a few years and came back early December.

I'm stunned at how typical boxing multiple accounts is to the point its just assumed that's how you play.

Especially since I'm trying to catch up on some content, dozens of times I've just be told 'Well, just Box a Shaman for that part' or whatever.

And I feel like the Mercenary system has gone from filling a gap or two to being the backbone of the entire game.

The problem with that is that Healer + Tank is sustainable, but Caster + Tank or Caster + Healer isn't.

And there's been so many things that seems to be added to the game to try and make playing with just one account more difficult.
    When did we move to a system where random trash summons as the norm, or half the things are unsnareable or rootable, and something I noticed as a very harsh shift after 110... XPing by killing things being reduced drastically, like thousands of kills per level.

My thought of course was then that I'll try grouping more and see how that is, but I've yet to find a group that is actually more than 2 other people... it's always one guy with 3 toons and 2 mercs and they'll let me play for a bit or join in.

It does just seem hostile both in game design, but also the player base just seems to assume I should have additional accounts and that's how you do things.
    Jumbur likes this.
  13. atchoom Lorekeeper

for us, we have been playing class that we liked the most , mage x 2 , shm , druid , and my 2 melee friend rogue and berzerker . it was working good for many years since pets could keep agro in melee range , until .................until DERV thought it was good to stop doing that for many missions now.

a shame that the team we build since many years with toons we like to play, that these melee rogue and zerker can't join us for some of these missions because boss jump on them in melee range and when some boss can hit for 123 K ( zlandicar ) , they can't tank them.

dev's ... why did you change that ? a good tank can tank better than pet now with all the discs and tools they have ( a good playing tank who know how to use their abilities ** ).

with all the years we have been playing together ( no real tank ) , no one of us really want to build a tank from scratch just because of that dumb pet nerfs in melee range where they can't keep agro in some missions .

or please don't make all mission a copy of raid ones with all the emotes , we would like to do at least one mission in tier one and a chance to get few currencies and glowing spells , glowing are so rare from killing nameds ( i did all hunter in TOV twice , and like to kill nameds and got a total of ,,,,,,,,,,,one glowing drop from all of them . .....
  14. KrakenReality Augur

Dude, just make a real tank. It literally makes EQ easy mode. EoK AAs are autogranted, so it's not going to take you that long to catchup. It's hard to emphasize how easy a real tank makes the game.
  15. Petalonyx Augur

I also had to say 'no' to many melee in missions due to PC > PET aggro rules, since we only had mage pets to tank. Trials were the most brutal since they do not allow task adds, and they were hard enough that there wasnt room for a carry, except in Wending Ways.

Atchoom - In the short term it's probably easier for your melee friends to make a pet class, or something ranged that will support pet tanks than it will be to fully gear and learn a real tank. I've pet tanked zlandicar numerous times with adequte support, so it is doable. Just wanted to point out that option. Certainly, nothing will beat a War/SK in the long term, but it is a very long term commitment!
  16. Evye Augur

I wish we would bring back using LFG... and add a LFF and look for LFguild too in the same window.
  17. atchoom Lorekeeper

but why pet nerfs ?? ( pets can,t hold agro with melee toon close in newest expansion,s missions ) did they really need to do that?

we were able to use pet agro ( in missions ) since many years and now they changed that ? but why? was it a necessity? we like to play some class by choice because we like it ,and you saying we just have to change class because of the nerf ? ......:confused:
  18. Leerah Augur

Happened to my own family. My ex worked for a boiler maker which was bought out by the Finns. They spent money on expensive parties and trips. They broke up the parts and sold some to the Chinese. The plant sat empty for almost a decade.
  19. Leerah Augur

20. Leerah Augur