Holiday bonus appears to negate server xp bonus on Aradune

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Renzai, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Renzai New Member

Holiday bonus appears to negate server xp bonus on Aradune. Mobs giving less xp from last week. (.98% to .72% for same mob, same group comp, same level)
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

What bonus? EQ2 got an exp bonus. All we got was a sale. And some rare spawns increase
  3. Renzai New Member

The innate bonus Aradune has for faster leveling
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Aradune doesn't have any "innate bonus xp", at least not in the way you seem to think, servers have a fixed baseline xp rate that is set at the start of the server and typically that rises at a couple of key points, e.g. at the unlock of of Gates of Discord the XP rises to "GoD XP" and at the unlock of The Serpent's Spine the XP rises to match "Live XP" & also the OOC system becomes activated. Aradune started with "Mangler XP" which is basically the same as the "Progression XP" used on prior TLP.

These baseline XP rates are unaffected by bonuses that only raise the faction change rate or the rare mob spawn rate, I know this as these events have been run on many servers for years without them doing so, your observed differences are due to something else. The only time that baseline changes is when extra xp bonuses are active for seasonal/periodic events.

Basically there are a series of XP rates and the percentages I will give here for the unknown/unconfirmed are guesses entirely pulled out of my backside since I don't know what the actual percentages are as they've not to my knowledge ever been made public, there may some other variations on these that Daybreak have used or have available.

Known % XP rates:
    Test Server - 200% or 2.0
    Firiona Vie XP - 150% or 1.5
    Live XP - 100% or 1.0 - Baseline XP all the others are now calculated from - on TLP this is the base XP on the server once TSS unlocks.

Unknown / unconfirmed % XP Rates:
    Fast XP - 150% or 1.5 - due to the Selos server having a very fast unlock speed they gave it a higher base XP rate above live, debateable exactly how fast it was/is some said it was comparable to FV, others have said it is not, it is significantly faster than Live XP whatever it is.
    Gates of Discord XP - 90% or 0.9 - named such as this is the base xp all TLP have once they unlock that expansion.
    Progression XP - 80% or 0.8
    Classic XP - 70% or 0.7
    Original EverQuest XP - 40% or 0.4 - not used so far on a TLP
  5. Renzai New Member

Thank you for the info. I'm not sure on what's causing the perceived differences then, but noticed by many on the discord as well.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Except... as CatPaws said, there isn't an XP bonus going on right now. What you're noticing is ... in your head.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

My JBoots are slower since the 20% marketplace discount went into effect. WTF Darkpaw!
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Renzai New Member

Because xp rates never get broken am I right, not like Selos xp broken for months