Official response on 2 box rule for Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jared stanson, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Jared stanson New Member

I would like to give the company the opportunity to make it clear to the customers what the rules are for Aradune.

Is the 2 box rule on Aradune still being enforced?

I think the Aradune players deserve to know if the rule is officially gone. Everyone knows multiple mass boxers are going around and doing their thing with 50+ characters. The rest of us just want to know if it's officially okay to box 3+ or not.

The benefits to telling us...

1. We should know the rules of the server we are playing on so we can play by those rules.
    2. If 3+ is allowed, then we can stop petitioning and reporting and wasting CS time on stuff that is no longer cared about. If you truly do not care about the big boxing, then why continue to tell us to send videos and reports on these people? Isn't this just a huge waste of our time and yours?
    3. The rest of us can box 3+ without having to be nervous or worried that a GM is going to decide to suspend us.

If the rules are the same, cool, then just do something about the mass boxers we've all seen.

If the rules have changed since the loss of dedicated GMs, that's also completely fine.

The main point is that we do deserve an official statement.

We are all technically Adults here. This shouldn't be such a huge ask. It doesn't make any sense to leave us in the dark about the rules of a server we are currently playing on.

Thank you.
  2. Cicelee Augur

This should be a fun read.
  3. Lumiens Augur

Its only breaking the rules if you get caught.
  4. jeskola pheerie

They don't change rulesets, so the answer is yes, it is still being enforced. Your 6 months of Dedicated GM service expired, so they only have the personnel to deal a small fraction of the tickets submitted. Think of it like a patrol cop - they might hand out an occasional speeding ticket, but usually you can speed around no problem without getting caught for months or even years.
  5. Dooby dooby doo Elder

Normally I think their refusal to change rulesets is because they are things hard coded into the server. I.e. expansions unlock... truebox code on or not on. Exp rates maybe?

This falls under enforcement. Which should be different.
  6. Febb Augur

They haven't changed the ruleset. However I think we all know those temp GM's are gone. They should have some vet guides sign on a freelance contract to GM for them and give them certain powers to investigate and report real issues to CS.
  7. Woodenhooklak New Member

Because this would never be abused... o_O
  8. Febb Augur

I bet they would do a better job than the previous temp GM's.
  9. Progress Augur

GMs are still around. I personally know people that have been suspended for a week for fishing while AFK and this was within the last week.
  10. Machen New Member

As long as you aren't in a guild that competes with them, sure...
    Woodenhooklak likes this.
  11. Machen New Member

It's not that there are no GM's. WHICH gm's are still around? Woebot, Doex? The ones that were here >6 months ago... Not the new guys that were hired specifically for Aradune and Rizlona.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Instead ask yourself: "Who does it benefit for them to say if it isn't?"

The rule has not gone, or there would have been official confirmation of the change - which has not happened.

Until Darkpaw say otherwise, keep sending in the petitions about the mass boxers.

They have not changed the rule, while the GM who were hired on to enforce the Aradune server policies may or may not have completed the trial, and may or may not still be active - the data from that 6 month trial may still be awaiting an in depth cost benefit analysis the results of which will determine whether they re-contract those temporary GM or not & whether they continue to do so for Aradune or a future server, in any case whether it be a rule change or an update about the GM you are not going to hear a dang thing until a week or so perhaps more into January .
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

Does it still do that pop up warning when you log into aradune?
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yep
  15. Mattling Elder

Unfortunately, it really is a matter of who you know and if you get caught.

Out guild lead was given a perm-ban, that's still being upheld, for playing 4. Meanwhile, we had to kick a guy from guild who plays 6 for constantly training and picking fights with people, he's still running 6.
  16. Fraez New Member

Yep, yet this dude in that video can sit in chardok for days botting 20+ at one camp no problem. Blatant as it gets.
    JeffHanson likes this.