Petitions and Maps

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Deddentd, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Deddentd Journeyman

Did you do away with petitions? when I go to the support link, it wont even let me log in. Also my maps aren't updating, and when I download new ones and follow the directions, they don't show up. Can you help?? I think everyone in game has muted me because I keep asking about the maps not working, lol.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are you using Brewells and Goods maps? The maps that come with the game are super basic with very little info. There are U tube videos on how to download the maps from Brewell and Goods.

What directions are you following?

One of the usual stumbling blocks is that your signed into the game when installing maps. Sign out, do the install then sign back in and check your drop down arrow on your map window

Another common issue is that the settings on the right side of your map screen need adjustment, ie like the height etc or it could be your "auto zoom" at the bottom is clicked on. You can always scroll wheel your mouse to make sure you even in the right area on the map
  3. phattoni Augur

if you installed the maps into the map folder inside of a folder, there will be a little drop down box on the map window, select the folder you placed the maps in and it will now work, if you placed them directly into the maps folder without being in a folder, they should work, but will eventually be overwritten by the patcher or possibly become corrupt.
  4. Febb Augur

Like phattoni said, custom maps will get replaced by the standard game maps the next time you run the patcher, if you extract them into the main maps folder. You will need to create a custom folder in the maps folder and then extract the custom maps into that folder. In game on your map window, it should have a drop down for which folder your maps are in. It should say default, click on that drop down and select your custom folder. This will show maps for each zone map file that was extracted in it. If your missing maps for other zones you can just copy them over from the main maps folder, however Goods or Brewalls should have complete collections of all the zone maps.
  5. Deddentd Journeyman

Have done all that even deleted ALL my maps an d had the game recreate the ones available, then logged and unzipped the new maps into a separate folder. When I logged in it still showed all my old maps( ones I deleted) but not the new ones.

Does anyone know why the petition s window is not working online?? Cant even log into it.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Okay so your EQ Maps folder should look something like this:

[IMG]

Then in game you click the dropdown menu on the map as in the image below and click it to use that maps set.

[IMG]
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Duder like this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

For your map issue: Are you using Steam?
    Are you administrator on your computer?

For the petition issue (and this is only a guess cause there has been no mention of any error that might be coming up):

Make sure you are logged out of game and forums. The go to main site and try.

Use a different browser - Opera works well

Worst case scenario is you can make a new free account just for the petition.

They are not going to fix the map issue since the maps are player produced and not game produced.
  8. Deddentd Journeyman

In my comp C: in the EQ maps folder it looks similar to that. BUT when I go back in game and look there isn't anything. What else is there to try??
  9. Deddentd Journeyman

ok, finally got it to work, it showed in my comp as being in the maps folder, but I had to go to the game login screen, click on advanced tools, click on game directory, then open maps, and copy and paste each folder into the games directory there. Still don't know why my computer isn't updating these files, lol. Guess i'll have to call Dr Who to come help me out with his sonic screwdriver, lol. Thanks everyone for your advice and help, it at least helped lead me to a possible solution.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Are you sure that you don't have EQ installed in two places? That has happened to some in the past.