Game not built for playing just One Account anymore

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by BarryGarry, Dec 21, 2020.

1. cbxvbcfgh Journeyman

Yep look at all 8 of those posts. Oh wow this makes 9. Roll out the ticker tape!! Heck I think 5 or 6 of them are in this thread.

Why do you even keep throwing these comments like your trying to make it personal or something? Nothing to say about the actual game? Contribute something. It's a message board for a game dude. People discuss their opinions of the game here. That's its point. You don't have to get all pissy when peole dont share your point of view.

Also please include the name of whoever it is you keep accusing me of being. If they're taking the blame for my posts I might wanna have some fun with it.
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

If the game was truly not built for having just 1 account, I would be able to manage all 3 of my accounts from a single log in.

The game is and has always been designed for multiple accounts, just played by different people. Sorry that introverts and people with limited playtime have found a way to pay extra money to substitute LFG, but finding groups is still viable, and we boxers are certainly not the blame for you complaints.

Imagine all of the people playing classes who can't molo trash and have literally nothing to do in the expansion while LFG. At least you can farm collects for a profit. Heck a number of people 2-boxing can't kill named in current content and you have been molo'ing them.
  3. cbxvbcfgh Journeyman

Couldn't find the edit button but man Bandwidth ya know what I withdraw my question. Seen some of your other posts around here as I been browsing peoples threads. I can certainly see you just one of the players that dude was talking about boxxing to avoid.

Edit: so weird i can edit this post and a new one but the not the previous. You lose edit when you leave the page or something here?
  4. cbxvbcfgh Journeyman

Assuming your responding to me. I've said repeatedly I've no issue with boxxing. You or anyone else boxxing doesnt effect my night playing. Heck I'd even say i like boxxers. I often hunt beside boxxers. I yap with people boxxing all the time. Boxxers merely come into the conversation because there are so many of them and they are SYMPTOM of the eq's issue's though not the cause.

Where boxxer's become the problem is the slight few that have to yell and scream OMG NOOO you cant kill stuff too and we all know thats not a boxxer thing that's a (omg the filter here funny really cant even say doooshbag) thing. It's become so little content is offered int he expansion that some people want ALL of it to be designed for them and thats it.

It all goes back to what does it matter to you if I cant root rot a dracolich if I want to spend 7 minutes a mob? The insanely low comparative kill rate would keep keep it form causing any more of a drop flood than people going at it with crews. You kill 6 times as fast but need 6 times the drops. It balances itself out on its own. I mean really we've gotten to the point where we're not even talking about nameds anymore. We literally have people saying oh well you shouldnt be able to kill trash and trash should be so inconsequential that there is no point to killing it.

Is it really to much to ask to have a camp or two in the game where a class defining spell like charm is effective?
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

You can only edit your posts for 30 minutes.
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

I was responding to the thread title. I didn't even read your post.
  7. cbxvbcfgh Journeyman

Awesome sauce and thankyou for the edit tip then
  8. Elyssanda Bardbrain

CB, you are correct, Ely is top raid geared. Kata isn't.. and she doesnt have all of her AA yet.. so I tested this morning.

‘/GU Combat Dummy Dena in 393s, 199.9m @508685 | #1 Elyssanda + pets 199.9m@(508.7k in 393s) [100]’
    ‘/GU Combat Dummy Dena in 439s, 124.5m @283622 | #1 Katarite + pets 124.5m@(283.6k in 439s) [100]'

That's sustained DPS for 6.5 minutes on Ely from the back blowing everything I have except poisons for my weapons. Same for Kata. little more time, but the lacking aa and less gear tells the tale. just over half the DPS of Ely.
    Tegila likes this.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Pissy? Nah. :)
  10. Cicelee Augur

I have to ask, why does your box bard have Maleficence in secondary and that other weapon primary? Shouldn't they be switched, and would that yield different results?
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

probably because I was fishing and swapping things around and didn't pay attention.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Cicelee Augur

Fair. My question is the parses posted, was that with the box bard setup shown in the signature? Or was Malifecence in the primary?

I ask mostly because I find it fascinating there is that much of a DPS difference between the two. Now if that parse was Malifecence in off hand and you redo the parse and it is significantly higher, that makes more sense. But if not, then it is surprising the main is nearly double.
  13. Smedolvin New Member

This is my experience to a "T". I play a solo character and find that most of my guild has finished progression and is not at all interested in helping do it all over again for first timers. The other 70% of the guild is just box alts and the boxers have no intention of letting you come in and screw up their box rhythm. So you are left shouting for groups and getting one or two other folks and wind up giving up in frustration after and hour.
  14. Elyssanda Bardbrain

the main is 18+ years old.. the second bard is. 7 months old. she is missing TONS of aa and achievements.
    Ely 42795 AA
    Kata 24742 AA
  15. E'ci - Knight Errant Lorekeeper

I agree with you completely.

I enjoyed grouping (when I could dedicate enough of a stretch to get in a group).
    Until the mid 20s I soloed. Grouped through most of the 30s. Then beyond that mostly 2-boxed.
    Occasionally grouped, sometimes 2-box, sometimes solo (if I was more spawn-limited than heals/DT limited).

Soloing in CoV = smear.
    Duoing in CoV = last longer until smear

Solo/Molo/Duo in older content?
    XP so slow it is pointless.

Taking multiple minutes to solo a mob for 0.001% xp?
    And that with gear multiple expansions beyond the content being fought.

We aren't complaining because soloing is not as fast as grouping.
    Its so unrewarding to be completely pointless.
  16. dwish Augur

Duoing is definitely viable in CoV, and has been in every expansion for the last decade. I was a solo players for years, but finally relented and made a bard box around 2010-2011 when most of my friends started to drift away from the game, and I have been duoing most of the content every expansion ever since.

It will depend on the 2 classes you choose which is expected, but I run both a Beast/Bard and SK/Bard (SK and beast on same account so I can't log these in together) and I can generally do everything except missions. In previous expansions I could even do a lot of the missions, but these days missions are basically just watered down raids with the same mechanics that generally make duoing pretty difficult.

I also alt-tab when I'm duoing so I don't run any fancy setups or anything. That said, if someone wants to run a solo account in today's EQ, I suggest being very outgoing and actively start your own groups as much as possible. Over time, you will build a reliable friends list of like-minded players that you can group with on a regular basis. This takes a lot of time and effort however, so most people don't get this far and rightfully so with the plethora of gaming options out there these days.
  17. cbxvbcfgh Journeyman

I didn't catch that had two bards. I love it .. do ya play them together?
  18. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I have... a few bards.. 2 on Cazic, 1 on Luclin, Xegony, Drinal,AB... and somewhere else.
    Nope I don't play them together. I die trying to box. Closest I get is, when I died a lot in Dragon Necropolis, I invis'd kata, sat her high on a wall set as puller and used 2 cleric mercs to keep Ely alive
  19. Mookus Augur

Every mob in DN, TOV, Skyshrine summons. EDIT( I hadn't tried sleepers yet. ill go there now to find out the potential good news!) In WW, everything is immune to root and snare. CS is the only place I can solo junk while I try to squirm my way into a group.

The game has created a condition where most people have a box group. Those people want to do their progressions with those toons. I know some great people who help single toon players like myself, but I am left having nothing to do most of the time I can play in COV outside raids. Even collections are locked behind mobs that summon in all of those zones.

It has never been like this in all the expansions since 1999.
  20. Mookus Augur

Sleepers golems are immune to root snare, but I did manage to get one to summon me into a max hit-fest 56k per hit death.

I guess ill go test the undead specters after that CR. Maybe those drakes worth a shot too. Not likely, as it seems readily apparent that great effort was put into COV to ensure nothing shall be killed without a group.